Been Out For A Lot Of Time...

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ximenett

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 31 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Catalonia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Whats new since the release of Linebacker???? I see things new like medium range misiles and dont seen in battlefield but on smurfy.net i see rocket launcher weapon. And things like light active prove and light engines. What does everyone of those things??? Whats the difference for example between normal engines and light engines???

My actual mech loadout is a Stalker brawler with full SRMs:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c409f37e1df9b86

Its an old loadout,but useful for brawl. Also the game give me 48000 gxp and i use those points to skills to a mix of full firepower,survivality and mobility.

I killed a Dire Wolf from back in seconds.

Edited by Ximenett, 17 September 2017 - 01:54 AM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

Far too much to list. New weapons, new equipment, new missiles (try sporting MRMs). Some useless trinkets. "Balance".

The long and short of it is more of the same. (Might recommend more forward armor on the STs, but good on you for being smart enough to throw that much armor on the giant rear torso of your Stalker; the rear sides are pretty tiny though).

Beyond this, stay far away from ATMs 'cause they will trump your SRMs in a heart beat -- unless you can get right in their face in which case do it. They have a no damage range of something like 120 meters.

LMGs are dangerous to the level of bull to about medium laser range. Be wary; they churn through YOUR ammo.
HMGs are far more dangerous but you have to be so insanely close that it is laughable.
MGs are still MGs. Laugh at them. Except in your stalker full of ammo.

Not terribly much else to mention. Stay away from enemies using Heavy Gauss. It hurts... but only if you're close enough to use your SRMs. Otherwise laugh at the little pea shooter.

Not much else really.

Annual rewards aka Loyalty mechs are around the corner. Something to consider. They have an eligibility page up too which is really handy.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

There's mention of new maps after Mech Con.
To refer to Russ boasting about it... "Huge" Full scale city with "all the city stuff". Great if you got a good system and processor.

"A few other maps in the pipeline." Really any big releases are going to be waiting until Mech Con, where those going can play a demo of Mechwarrior 5 Mercs.

#4 Ximenett

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:18 AM

And light engines??? Whats the difference between those and normal ones???? Appart of less tonnage i mean.

Edited by Ximenett, 17 September 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

LEs (or LFEs) are a middle ground between STD and IS XL engines in terms of mass, extra slots and vulnerability. They don't suffer instant death on losing one side torso like IS XLs do - instead, you will lose part of your heat dissipation and top speed like with Clan XLs.

#6 DemonicDonut

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:42 AM

I believe light engines can survive a side torso destruction. Similar to Clan XL. But I'm not positive, haven't used one yet.

I run my Stalker (3F) with 6 med pulse and 4 ASRM6 (5.5t of Ammo) Std 300 + 6 DHS. I've had great luck with it as a brawler, I like to have pulse lasers for more punch on open components. The 3F has a better twist angle than the other Stalkers, so it was one of the ones I kept.

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

That's correct, LFE is just like Clan XL, but it weights more.

Concentrating on particular IS tech, MRMs can be fun but they spray all around and their actual damage is low. RAC5 is pretty much the same, great nominal values, but actual combat effectiveness not so much. RAC2 exists so that RAC5 wouldn't be considered so bad.

Then there's the LBX and different UACs, they are pretty straighforward, just like Clan counterparts, expect generally weight more. ER lasers are about same as Clan ones, so compared to ordinary lasers, they offer more range at the price of more heat per damage.

Stub nose PPC, close range PPC, 0 minium range, but damage falls off pretty fast over 300+ meters. Heavy and light PPC, sama parameters as ordinary PPC, but less/more damage/tons.

Heavy gauss, weak close range weapon. Can have some fun but likely won't become your favourite weapon. Light gauss, it's more usable but it's a bit weak for it's tons.

Stealh armor on ECM mechs, it can be fun and somewhat useful, but it doesn't turn your mech into a death star.

Consider most of new tech supplemental stuff, not something you absolutely need. Even the LFE doesnt' fully replace XL on some mechs.

#8 Ximenett

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

The only thing i miss from my Stalker its a little more armor and internal armor- Otherwise its a good brawling mech.

One match i did 1000 of score.

A Catapult in the same match does better work,but its the first time i get that score. I cant post the image,wtf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users