Any Other People Get "aces"?

46 replies to this topic

#41 Mr Snuffles

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 19 September 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

If you killed 12 mechs, wouldn't that be deathstar?

Not sure what i got for the achievement. It was a couple months back :)

#42 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

I would say it's easier in a light - if you're doing it right you're always in the action and your weapons have a low cycle time. I've never done it in an assault or heavy - though to be fair I don't play KDKs much.

#43 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:38 AM

I triggered it for the third time a couple of nights ago. Honestly, I'm not a good enough player to really deserve the thing and most players that get it aren't either. It's a pure luck award for constantly turning corners and finishing off an enemy, almost always towards the end of a match. MWO is a team game to me and it feels awkward to blow away a mech's last 6% health or so when it's just standing there and have it count towards the achievement.

I'd like to see it switched to KMDD as well. People who put on the carry pants will still get it.

Edit - first time I got it was in a Huntsman. With 24 tons of clan weapon podspace, that mech can deliver.

Edited by FireStoat, 23 September 2017 - 12:39 AM.

#44 Pocket_Aces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

Got "Aces of Spades" achievement with my Miromets, ah, those were the days.

#45 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:27 AM

The most is 7 (the first time in a Raven 3L in the Murder of Ravens era and later i dont remember) so far and usually i do less than 2 kills per match...in the end i dont care - if i would play much more it would pretty sure happen eventually.

#46 VaudeVillain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

I got mine in a STK-4N Stalker with 10 out of 12 kills in 2014. All using Level 1 tech as well, so no ER, DHS, XL, FF, or ES, just 3 Large Lasers, max armor, a STD engine, and a bunch of SHS.

It does seem that lights have the easier chance to get Ace nowadays since they can get in and out pretty quickly and can still pack some decent firepower.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users