#1 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:58 AM

With the new MRM Buff coming out today, I think this will be a game changer for the 1N, and other mechs with similar hardpoints.

3 MRM 10
3 Medium Laser

#2 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

Unless they vastly reduce the spread, they'll still be a useless weapon.

#3 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:35 AM

As long as you go for the C-bills in QP the enhanced range bracket MRMs offer versus SRMs can actually be of use to stay firing and not getting taken out early or get into a situation where your team just rolls the enemy leaving you without gains because you waited too long.
Otherwise I see absolutely no point in using MRMs.
Spread, frontload/facetime is with the SRMs.
Even the slightly higher dmg/ton ratio of MRMs is greatly offset by their spread.

Only reason to use MRMs is actually still a TT reason and doesn't realy matter in MWO. They are cheap and get more ammo/dmg per ton of ammunition.

#4 o0m9

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 19 September 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

As long as you go for the C-bills in QP the enhanced range bracket MRMs offer versus SRMs can actually be of use to stay firing and not getting taken out early or get into a situation where your team just rolls the enemy leaving you without gains because you waited too long.
Otherwise I see absolutely no point in using MRMs.
Spread, frontload/facetime is with the SRMs.
Even the slightly higher dmg/ton ratio of MRMs is greatly offset by their spread.

Only reason to use MRMs is actually still a TT reason and doesn't realy matter in MWO. They are cheap and get more ammo/dmg per ton of ammunition.

I like using them on longer ranged mechs that don't gain anything from SRMs. My 2 UAC/2 SHD rarely gets close enough to actually use SRMs and LRMs manage to be less appealing than their alternatives. With a pair of MRM10s I can put that tonnage to use without brawling.

#5 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:53 AM

View Posto0m9, on 19 September 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

I like using them on longer ranged mechs that don't gain anything from SRMs. My 2 UAC/2 SHD rarely gets close enough to actually use SRMs and LRMs manage to be less appealing than their alternatives. With a pair of MRM10s I can put that tonnage to use without brawling.

Well there are also those...lets say non comp builds you drive for style or feels that still actually work in qp like a BLR-1G with MRM40 and 6ERM or other missile slot deprived mechs where you still want to take a few large sized lauchers and you don't want to use LRMs and don'T have enough slots for SRMs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users