67 replies to this topic

#1 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

07 (Bacon) was one of the most successful Clan loyalist units (we were CSJ) the previous two seasons and in the most recent Tukayyid event.

Civil War saw us take a leave from the loyalist life and launch a successful 07' Merc unit...where we took 7 planets on the Clan side and had a lot of fun with a stint on the IS side. This unit served as our temporary base of operations, until we figured out where we wanted to be for this season (and probably at least the next)...and will likely be used again for the same purpose at some point down the road.

However, it's time to plant some roots again and grind some loyalist rewards. This time it will be with Clan Diamond Shark and we should be starting to move unit members over there within the week.

Therefore, we want to invite talented, active pilots to again consider if they could use more Bacon (07) in their life.

For those who are unaware: 07 was founded by (unit CO) Heavy Cavalry....one of the top, active pilots in FW today. The hope was to bring together talented pilots who saw the need for organized drops, communication and wanted an active unit (that wanted to take planets). Pilots who also, for whatever reason didn't have a unit or who came to us because they just needed a change. (We look to cooperate with units we drop alongside of, not poach their unit members).

If you value what we value and are willing to get on TS, coordinate, follow drop calls and just be decent to get along with...07 might be for you and we would love to drop with you and see where it goes.

Interested Pilots should drop by our TS on Strana Mechty...and/or you can PM me or post below.

IP: STRANAMECHTY.INFO
PW: StranaMechty

Bacon (07) channel...near the bottom.

(Posting this here as we don't have a Diamond Shark sub-forum yet)

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 21 September 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#2 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

Feel that sizzle!

Get your best deals on high-quality interstellar bacon through our new trading contacts with the intrepid merchants of Clan Diamond Shark ;)

PM one of us for more details, and stop on by our TS3 channel at Strana Mechty to get to know us better.

#3 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

BACON! ok I'm done.

#4 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

Since BCMC is NOT (I repeat NOT) recruiting, I recommend [07]. Bacon is not cool enough for 007, but they are way more fun than just a plain ole 7 (that is you Grus...actually you might be a 4, or just a 3).

It's cool if you need to be some clanner's bondsman, but it's the MERC life for me!

p.s. for at least one more day, Hobbles may kill me tomorrow.

Edited by Lovas, 27 September 2017 - 03:11 PM.

#5 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostLovas, on 27 September 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Since BCMC is NOT (I repeat NOT) recruiting, I recommend [07]. Bacon is not cool enough for 007, but they are way more fun than just a plain ole 7 (that is you Grus...actually you might be a 4, or just a 3).

It's cool if you need to be some clanner's bondsman, but it's the MERC life for me!

I don't think I am high and or drunk enough to follow what youre saying.

#6 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostGrus, on 28 September 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

I don't think I am high and or drunk enough to follow what youre saying.

Grus....Get off my lawn!!!

#7 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 28 September 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Grus....Get off my lawn!!!

NO!

#8 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

View PostGrus, on 28 September 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

NO!

Filthy bears...ugh

#9 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Bear ham is a thing, and ham is just shy of being bacon because science, ergo, bears aren't so bad!

Now, try making that out of one of the other totem animals... there are only so much falcon suspended green jello molds and steel viper snake jerky can satisfy by comparison. We won't even go into the black market fair the rest are... bootleg 'grape drank' drowned pigeon is kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel, Night Train style and that's just terrible.

Nope, bear ham is good. They get a reprieve. Their buttocks have an (almost) bacony use, which is more than a lot can say.

In the Clans, bacon does indeed grown on (heavily genetically spliced and perfected) trees, but that's just for a roughage substitute on sandwiches compared to the super-pigs.

Why does Clan Ferro occupy less weight? Where do you think they figured out how to perfect a ferrous fibrous weave? Bacon weaves. That's where.

Why do the clan mechs often move so quickly? Myomers and actuators lubricated in bacon grease. Why do their energy weapons hit so hard? Behold the power of fusion reactors magnetically containing utterly pure, super bacon. We don't just fry bacon in our cockpits, we do it in our reactors too!

Why Diamond Shark?

Because bacon infused anyone tastes that much better to our free-swimming pals, and we've come to an understanding. Free-range IS, pumped full of as much bacon as they can eat... fed to our Diamond Sharks (outfitted with fricking Heavy Laser beams on their head) in their honor should they not join. Bondsman or (bacon) bust. Nothing to waste.

Their are some very, very morbidly obese sharks out there that couldn't be happier about eating turducken of longpork stuffed with real perfected pork, that was raised on more pork, all streamlined as only bacon can do (because everything is better with it, SCIENCE!). It's part of the bacon food chain.

Cake or death? Bacon or death (by shark week). One way or another, you're bacon for someone. Better to sizzle fry in your cockpit from overheating among us, than meet your end in the briney, salty, vaguely greasy deep. Don't settle for less. Be accepted by the totem that eats all others without question or hesitation.

BACON

#10 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

Despite the shenanigans on this thread...we actually are a serious (but still fun ) unit who is active in FW and plays to win. If there are any talented pilots (including veterans returning to the game during the event) who are looking at units...please stop by our TS and/or pm me and we would be glad to have you drop with us.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 29 September 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#11 Draconis Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Who is Bacon? Never heard of her.

#12 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostLovas, on 27 September 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

On the contrary, we're so cool that we had to have our zeroes nerfed by one. ;)

#13 Mestari

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDropped outside the map

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

One of us.

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 29 September 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Despite the shenanigans on this thread...we actually are a serious (but still fun ) unit who is active in FW and plays to win. If there are any talented pilots (including veterans returning to the game during the event) who are looking at units...please stop by our TS and/or pm me and we would be glad to have you drop with us.
some say he's so uptight he folds his socks and underwear. Others say he's so serious he applied for the IRS and was told he was overqualified. All we know is he's called Marquis De Lafayette! ;) lol

#15 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 October 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

some say he's so uptight he folds his socks and underwear. Others say he's so serious he applied for the IRS and was told he was overqualified. All we know is he's called Marquis De Lafayette! ;) lol

I will grant you that I am nearly as serious about winning, as IRS is about tax revenues... .so we (07) are a good unit for folks who do care about winning....not every unit is actually good at winning.

(Shameless recruiting re-direct)

Edit: my recruiting kung-fu is strong.. Grushopper

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 02 October 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#16 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

Can someone who knows how to put gifs on their post put the Kill Bill Fumanshu swipe on this for the Frenchman please? Ty lol

#17 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

Same as any link to a pic in a repository like imgur...

[img<link info here>[/img

Just close the "img" and "/img" with "]" to make the magic happen.

BTW, who says clanners can't have a sense of humor?!?!?

#18 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 October 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

Can someone who knows how to put gifs on their post put the Kill Bill Fumanshu swipe on this for the Frenchman please? Ty lol

So much still to learn you have Grushopper...

#19 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

[Img]https://goo.gl/images/EZ1CXX/img]

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

Edited by Grus, 02 October 2017 - 06:39 PM.

#20 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 October 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

<https://goo.gl/images/EZ1CXX>

The fail is stronk with this one ;p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users