#41 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 22 September 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

Which Night Gyr Omnipod can hold a C-AC/20?

Huh, could have sworn to see one in match with one. I guess not.

#42 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:38 AM

View PostForceUser, on 21 September 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Did the IS one with a Blacjack-1DC with 1 AC20 + 4 ERSL.

But can be done with Dual AC20 on Jagermech, Catapult K2 and Warhammer with very good builds.

Did the Clan one in my Hunchback IIC with Dual AC20, 5t of ammo and a 235xl. Did it in 4 matches too.

Double AC20 Catapult K2 is old school classic for this game(first mech in the game to be able to mount 2 top size ballistic weapons and literally broke the game at the time)... I might have to take it for a spin again.

Of course it's now very not optimal compared to other mechs doing the same thing, but memories....

Edited by Prezimonto, 22 September 2017 - 06:39 AM.

#43 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

Yen Lo Wang is what I used. I think I had that challenge done in 3 rounds with it. To be fair my first round with it today was like 1,200 damage so that helped take a big chunk out of the 2,000 damage required. It's still my favorite medium as well as my favorite mech for carrying an AC20.

#44 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

My most effective ac20 mech by far is the BJ-1(C). It's fast, very nimble, and you don't get focused too much, especially if you stay just behind the front line. I probably could have finished the ac20 challenge in four matches with it but I was breaking in a WHM-6R for most of it so it took around seven.

The Yen-Lo-Wang is also very good.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#45 Leif Heggland

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

I did the clan UAC20 and AC20 challenges with my Scorch. With the AC20's it ran nice and cool compared to it's normal LBX20 load.

#46 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:29 PM

Ive done my AC20 with the MCII-2 on clan side. I was having really bad games in my hunch2c, so i just said screw it, loaded 2 of those on my MC-II (along with 2 ERPPCs+2DHS as i couldnt thing of what to do with 8 slots and 14 tons), and got over 1000 damage out of the AC20s in a single game (yeah the stars aligned and i had a perfect game where it was a sustained brawl, AND i didnt get focused crazy hard too fast) to finish the event. For the 2, 5, and 10, i got those on the mad2c-a since i could pretty much boat em as much as i wanted without any issues, and each gun took me like a single game to pull off, with teh crazy good hitboxes that things got (solong as you dont take too much fire) and while im normally not a big fan of deadsiding, its one of few mechs that can deadside pretty well.

On IS, i used the bushwanker and just stuck 1 AC20 and 4 ERMLs on it and eventually got it done (didnt have anything that count dual wield the things and i wasnt willing to go out of my way to buy a mech just for an event). Wasnt too bad actually, since my main QP build on that is uac20 and 4 ERML. Actually, i used the bushwanker to do 5s and 10s, since it could dual weild both and the damage requirements werent crazy high that i needed to do something stupid like triple/quad mounts. The 2s i did on my mad3r with its triple mount since just a dual ac2 isnt really enough imo.

All in all, i actually enoyed the challenges, even if it proves beyond the shadow of a doubt, how atrociously bad the clan ACs are compared to the UAC counterparts (at least on IS there is both a weight and PPFLD advantage to use normal ACs). That and LBXs are even worse, bloody worthless unless its the clan LBX-20 or the IS LBX-10 (LBX10 on IS is lighter and has less slots so it has SOME benefit vs AC-10, LBX-20 on clan is the ONLY frontloaded relatively high alfa weapon so it has SOME reason to exist). At least even the worst of the worst have proven to be capable of killing people if you know what ur doing with em...

#47 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

Dual AC 20 King Crab. Was done in 3 matches.

#48 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

I took my YLW out for a spin to get the AC20 damage done and had three terrible matches doing under 200 damage.

Tried something else and got it done in a jiffy.

Weird.

#49 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 September 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

Dual AC 20 King Crab. Was done in 3 matches.

Clickity Clack?

#50 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

I used my Huginn and HBK-GI for the AC20 - my Boomchicken game was getting rusty. Urbies took care of the AC2/5 and about half of the 10. Then I got tired and just dropped 2 AC10 in my BSW-1X and killed slow things.

All things MG are handled nicely with UM-R60 fun.

#51 Anhydrite

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Dont forget the Mauler. Completed both the regular and UAC-20 with it. Plus a couple lasers.

Used an Ebon Jag for the clan side. Except the AC/UAC-10s did those on a shadowcat.

#52 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Cataphract are built for AC20's. Good ballistic and armor quirks quirks also. CTF -1X is my favorite.

#53 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

I dusted off my real $$ KDK-3 and bought an CAC20 for 1.2 mil C-bills
did 5 drops at less then 200 damage give or take each drop

now I am switching to an Orion IIC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users