Looking For A Unit, Really Struggling Here

5 replies to this topic

#1 Knick Knack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

I've been perplexed as to how to find a proper unit. I've looked all over for a North American unit in clan wolf and haven't had any luck. I've been through these recruiting threads but nothing is really happening.

I'm not sure why this is, I fear I might have been either labeled a huge noob or black listed somehow?

I tried getting my scores up to perhaps prove I can play somewhat decently, going so far as to get Ace of Spades but that just wasn't enough. Now I'm just making this post here, hoping some active unit might take me in. I've had a real rough few weeks of this game, faction warfare is quite something else.

Some info about myself:
I'm a North American player
Active in the evenings central time
Has discord and can use voice or whatever
I like long range weapon support and brawling
I generally play this game every day
Still kind of learning to play
Really into BattleTech
Love tabletop games in general

Edited by Knick Knack, 02 September 2017 - 11:45 PM.

#2 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:34 AM

There are not THAT many options really. I would recommend WTAU first. There recruitment thread is not hard to find and I would also drop by their TS and say hi. CWI is an OPTION. Go for it if that is something that you like. WTAU does NBT and Faction Play so that should satisfy you. There are other options as well but your mileage will vary with them.

#3 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Knick Knack,

Add Gabriel Phoenix or myself as a friend and we will shoot you a unit invite if you are interested.

Have a great day!
Rattler

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

Knick - Do you want to improve your gameplay or are you happy at being a lower tier pilot?

Reason I ask is for a reason that will no doubt get the irk outta a few people, but I don't care, I will always call it as I see it...

Overall Wolf Loyalist units should be avoided because they are quite simply, bad at the game. The bring rubbish loadouts, they don't work as an effective team and they don't train/practice. If you are a casual player and don't really care, then for sure those units are for you.

However if you want to become better as the game, win more often, then become a Merc and join one of the higher Tier Merc units. IMO for now - Get on Commstar and drop with KCom. Best learning experience you will have as a new player.

Ask them for builds, follow their game plan & they will let you play with them as they did me when I was a totally fresh noob to MWO and trying to absorb as much FP knowledge in a short period (of course my Unit was the cornerstone of it, 54MR 4lyf) :)

#5 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:45 AM

While I agrew one should avoid(usually) the Wolf drama, I'd also bypass Kcom :) Many good merc units.

#6 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 15 September 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

While I agrew one should avoid(usually) the Wolf drama, I'd also bypass Kcom Posted Image Many good merc units.

There are.

Edited by Rattler85, 24 September 2017 - 10:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users