28 replies to this topic

#1 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

So I'm just making this thread, to keep myself busy before finishing up my Supreme Leader's message. But enough about the FOC (Name is still under development.) I wonder how many picked up the IIC heros and how many do you see.

I'm asking this because I own the Skoll and I fairly surprise to see no other hero or someone trying out the hero. Also I would love to know your hero mech builds.

Grand Moff Battlemaster out.

#2 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

I bought the Keeper and Deathwish. I haven't seen anyone else playing any of the IIC heroes.

Still figuring out what to do with the Deathwish, but I'm using 2xLBX20s and 4xSRM6s for the Keeper and it kicks ***.

#3 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostThoseWhoFearTomorrow, on 22 September 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

I bought the Keeper and Deathwish. I haven't seen anyone else playing any of the IIC heroes.

Still figuring out what to do with the Deathwish, but I'm using 2xLBX20s and 4xSRM6s for the Keeper and it kicks ***.

The Keeper was a close one for me to get, but I stick with my Skoll with 4xMPL and LBX20 I'm enjoying it alot getting use to it feels very light when I torso twist.

But it's good to hear someone enjoying their IIC hero.

#4 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 22 September 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

The Keeper was a close one for me to get, but I stick with my Skoll with 4xMPL and LBX20 I'm enjoying it alot getting use to it feels very light when I torso twist.

But it's good to hear someone enjoying their IIC hero.

Picked up the Skoll to go testing in FP for a backup runner for the Linebacker push. Currently easy 1k games in pug queue, been running max engine, 1 HLL in torso, 3 arm HML and a LBX10, using the high alpha and 104kph masc to flank and alpha/crit mechs left and right.

I have seen heaps of Deathwish Hunchies, only seen the Jener Fury once so far and no Keepers (simply too many other assaults farming the AC event). I found the Skoll perfect for fast flank or early engagement of isolated targets, in the brawl it was a touch flimsy and couldn't out punch alot of mechs on the field.

#5 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

I got the Skoll from NGNG stream and the first thing I did was rip the MASC out and make a range 120-350 gunboat out of it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...87a9d7916728284

It throws buckets of damage at things, and if someone closes range because they want to get inside of my ATM's, the world doesn't end 'cause medium pulse / LBX 20 is a bummer to face at point blank. I think they didn't sell all that well (the IIC heroes I mean) due to the hunchback being the best basic chassis and it having the worst layout, and the rest being subpar base platforms to work with (from general public perception).

The other issue is the ballistic challenge going on motivates a person to use mechs with a lot of ballistic slots and tonnage.

#6 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostDevil Fox, on 22 September 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Picked up the Skoll to go testing in FP for a backup runner for the Linebacker push. Currently easy 1k games in pug queue, been running max engine, 1 HLL in torso, 3 arm HML and a LBX10, using the high alpha and 104kph masc to flank and alpha/crit mechs left and right.

I have seen heaps of Deathwish Hunchies, only seen the Jener Fury once so far and no Keepers (simply too many other assaults farming the AC event). I found the Skoll perfect for fast flank or early engagement of isolated targets, in the brawl it was a touch flimsy and couldn't out punch alot of mechs on the field.

Yeah I do find the Skoll to be great hunt with other mechs in a push when hunting down lone mechs especially when they're hurt.

May try HML on it later.

#7 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 22 September 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

I got the Skoll from NGNG stream and the first thing I did was rip the MASC out and make a range 120-350 gunboat out of it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...87a9d7916728284

It throws buckets of damage at things, and if someone closes range because they want to get inside of my ATM's, the world doesn't end 'cause medium pulse / LBX 20 is a bummer to face at point blank. I think they didn't sell all that well (the IIC heroes I mean) due to the hunchback being the best basic chassis and it having the worst layout, and the rest being subpar base platforms to work with (from general public perception).

The other issue is the ballistic challenge going on motivates a person to use mechs with a lot of ballistic slots and tonnage.

Hmm never thought putting ATM on the Skoll. And I'm betting your right they didn't sell too well.

#8 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

i got Keeper and its pretty fun, i like highlanders and have all of them Clan and IS. Im using 4 SRM6, XL 310, 1 UAC10 and 1 Gauss currently, will probably switch out the gauss for either LBX20 or UAC20

#9 o0m9

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

I got the Keeper. Current build is max engine, 4xATM6, 2xUAC10s. Still optimizing it. Planning to ditch one ATM in the arm for larger ballistics, probably dual guass or dual AC20.

Saw a fury running a UAC20 in his arm. Couldn't tell you if he did well in it or not.

#10 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:28 PM

View Posto0m9, on 22 September 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

Saw a fury running a UAC20 in his arm. Couldn't tell you if he did well in it or not.

Either extremely poorly or got lucky. Assuming he wasn't running jumpjets and assuming he wanted to maximize ammo at the same time keeping max armor on everything but one arm (by max armor, i mean taking off points to make an even tonnage), that Fury would be running a Clan XL 250 with only 3 tons of ammo (84 shots), which even with both ammo skill nodes to add to that... is not enough.

On topic: Hardly see IIC heroes outside of patch day where everyone who got one plays with their new shiny. Even then, there weren't that many. I do however see Fury the most, which is funny considering how bad it is (hardpoints on top of Jenner syndrome) compared to the other heroes.

#11 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 22 September 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Yeah I do find the Skoll to be great hunt with other mechs in a push when hunting down lone mechs especially when they're hurt.

May try HML on it later.

SKÖLL - Heavy Laser

That is roughly what I believe I have set up. Basically I'll brawl with all lasers on alpha, chuck LBX down range as possible, and if their 700m+ out just tag assist with the HLL to 900m.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Keeper is a keeper.

Posted Image

#13 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:53 PM

Only ones I've seen used are skol and one jenner fy. Might have been the same guy with the fy. I thought about getting it but then I remember the oxide,huggin and 2c version of oxide. For the even I mostly ran a shadow hawk with 2x lrm5s and whatever bal I needed along with the raven 4x ac 20 build so I could get some easy 200-300 damage games in.

#14 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

I just didn't really see anything all that special about any of the IIC heroes that just screamed at me to buy them and I think alot of people felt the same way.

#15 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 23 September 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I just didn't really see anything all that special about any of the IIC heroes that just screamed at me to buy them and I think alot of people felt the same way.

Most likely, and I only saw 2 Furies so far. And comparing them to the other IIC hero (Scorch) none of them come close to the popularity and competitiveness to the Scorch.

And I think it's just the combinations of most of them are not greatly good in the current game meta and stuff, plus the wave 2 and 3 heros made PGI to create these heros to be around either sidegrades to mediocre compare to the base variants. But that's my two cents

#16 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

Saw a few Fury and fewer Deathwish.

TBH, the IIC chassis just do not interest me at all (except for Urbie IIC maybe).

#17 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 23 September 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Most likely, and I only saw 2 Furies so far. And comparing them to the other IIC hero (Scorch) none of them come close to the popularity and competitiveness to the Scorch.

White the Scorch remains an amazing mech, the two sets of mobility nerfs on top of the engine decouple (3 total nerfs all together) make it a very touchy mech to fight with. For those folks that like the Scorch's build and damage but can't stand being a slug, the Keeper is a much better alternative. It gives up the superior weapon convergence and top speed the Scorch has, in return for better durability, a few jump jets, and a MUCH better agility profile. It's kind of the same scenario I find myself with the Timberwolf and the Orion IIC. The Orion IIC gets worse weapon mount locations but is absolutely better in every other way (less jump jets).

I still have a Warrant TBR hero and I like it, but I find the Skoll to be so much better at the moderate to short ranged game, and it's constantly where I find myself fighting.

#18 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 23 September 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

And I think it's just the combinations of most of them are not greatly good in the current game meta and stuff, plus the wave 2 and 3 heros made PGI to create these heros to be around either sidegrades to mediocre compare to the base variants. But that's my two cents

This is true, pretty much, none of them scream meta, and there have been ALOT of mechs released recently that are better then the IIC heroes or at least fairly comparable (and few buy every mechpack released, most will get a few mechs here and there when the heroes are both unique and or actually good). That, and the clan wave 2 heroes and the IIc heroes, are considerably toned down relative to the wave1 clan heroes in effectiveness after the forum rage (purifier is probably the most blatant case of P2W in teh game, as its the ONLY sorta viable cutefox loadout if you care about killing something). Honestly, even the scorch (not technically in teh new pack but a IIC hero) has become a bit obsoleted by the MC-II-2 (MCII has worse hitboxes, but no ammo issues and can bring larger SRMs so its pretty much comparable if not better).

Now i do like teh new heroes since they arent OP nor do they obsolete standard variants, but it is a double edged sword, release a powerful hero, and get good revenue, or release so-so hero, and dont get as much revenue, and it seems that clan wave2 and IIC heroes went the 2nd route, so-so mechs (30% CB is nice, but personally isnt a factor when im considering a hero mech, i already get 200K CB minimum on an average game and i dont need more). At least noone can scream P2W (and the only reason many people arent that annoyed at stuff like the purifier is because it is still a cutefox and thus isnt exactly going to solo carry games).

Edited by panzer1b, 23 September 2017 - 04:04 PM.

#19 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

View PostThoseWhoFearTomorrow, on 22 September 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

3 words for the Deathwish: scavenged for pods

#20 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

Well i know we are not a lot, but i am one of the owner of a Jenner Fury...

I haven't got a lot of time to test it, but currently running this build :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4f5289ebf2f5d04

It's decent, but not great at all. You have to unlock all of the survival tree, cause Jenner IIC are very fragile. The range of LMG helps it, even after their small nerf. The twin LAMS give you an extra protection, and even if it's hot, you have your LMG that generate no heat. Ho and i really like the camo.

I like underrated mech. So i like it ha ha ha =)

I find it more easily to run compare to the Jenner IIC Prime, the missille one. I think it's because of the range, you can engage farther with MPL and LMG.

In fact, i was needed a hero mech for the Kit Fox annual reward. I wanted a light mech, but the Shard, Ebon Dragoon, Cinder and Purifier, i already own the (I) variant ; and doesn't like the specific omnipods on these. So i have give the Fury a try !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users