Nvidia Inspector

22 replies to this topic

#1 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:18 PM

I get the odd stutter during mwo rounds. And I find it annoying. Trying to find a solution fix, I found "Nvidia Inspector", can help. And I do see Mechwarrior online on the list. I dunno what to do, use. Anyone use this?

http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html

Really weird when running MWO, you get Nvidia intro preview, and really doesn't perform as you think. I use a Nvidia Evga 1060 (6gb), Super clocked. And suffering. I get temps going up to 70 degrees Celsius and 25-50 fps...... Frustrating. And not playing MWO, my graphics temps are at, 35 degrees. How much more do I have to upgrade to get MWO to perform nicely at High settings. Frustrating...

I played MWO since it came out with a 1 gb video card, 8gb ram, and upgrading to 16 gb ram, new mb, and video card, I see, get no difference.

Edited by GuardDogg, 23 September 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Since the latest update of Nvidia drivers I also have problems with more heat on my GPU but this isn't restricted to MWO.
Another source might be Windows 10 latest update. Its said to cause stuttering for some people.

Also the 1060 is the card with the lowest performance in the current genereation of Nvidia cards IIRC.
I run a 970GTX with a Xeon 5690 and its works fine.

Another thing is that MWO is more CPU dependent then other games, so when you saved money on the CPU side you might have to search your bottleneck there.

#3 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

What is your CPU, it's probably bottlenecking your video card

#4 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 23 September 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

I run a 970GTX with a Xeon 5690 and its works fine.
... uhh huh, how much of that xeon does your MWO use exactly ? and uhh, which bit implied directly that he had skimped out on spending $ ... I'm not saying your wrong, just that you skipped a step in the middle where you ask him what its like ...

I use a 1060, I use vsync to limit it to 60 fps, and I tend to get unhappy when the minimal fps gets down to 40, for a moment ... the ram speed can also have a big impact on how quickly your pc gets through the inefficient tasks .... the 1060 needs to be running a decent resolution for it to consider that it has any real 'load' on it to stay at high clocks aswell ...

or you know, you could just give intel a shitload of money and buy yourself a server, to play a game ... it works for some apparently ...

#5 Kompleks Ognevoi Podderzhki 320

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:04 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 23 September 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

I get the odd stutter during mwo rounds. And I find it annoying. Trying to find a solution fix, I found "Nvidia Inspector", can help. And I do see Mechwarrior online on the list. I dunno what to do, use. Anyone use this?

Really weird when running MWO, you get Nvidia intro preview, and really doesn't perform as you think. I use a Nvidia Evga 1060 (6gb), Super clocked. And suffering. I get temps going up to 70 degrees Celsius and 25-50 fps...... Frustrating. And not playing MWO, my graphics temps are at, 35 degrees. How much more do I have to upgrade to get MWO to perform nicely at High settings. Frustrating...

I played MWO since it came out with a 1 gb video card, 8gb ram, and upgrading to 16 gb ram, new mb, and video card, I see, get no difference.

You are not interesting to anyone. PGI said that computers for 3000 USD are garbage. Since almost verbatim: the problems in your weak computers. Yes, and to the point, after the last patch, I began to leave the battle with a critical error.

#6 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:26 AM

Was using a FM processor, A8-6600K, with Adada 2133 DDr3s, Win 7. Evga 1060 Superclocked on a Asus A78 board (Water cooled). So, now I am now in the works on a Ryzen project (little by little). I have disassembled my Computer for parts last night, just to get MWO to run on smooth high settings. Tired of polygons flickering in some areas (Buildings, landscape and more). Now, using a old board now I had stashed away. MSI 970A-G43, CPU FX-6300, 16 GB Hyperx 1866. Right now just put on my old 1 GB Sapphire HD6770. Will be temporary. I do have a Asus 2 GB 460 OC, put away. Now putting away my Evga 1060 Sc for awhile. Gosh the struggle I go through for graphic problems on MWO. Graphic card after graphic card. I went through 5 cards. 2 Motherboards. I played MWO since it came out in Beta, and using this 1 Gb HD6770 Sapphire (gddr5), and on Med setting in MWO. I get new stuff, and no difference.

Edited by GuardDogg, 24 September 2017 - 03:08 AM.

#7 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

Your CPU is too weak

#8 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:07 AM

Just want to know if anyone is using Nvidia inspector. If it is okay to use for MWO on Nvidia cards. What, how the settings.

#9 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 24 September 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

Just want to know if anyone is using Nvidia inspector. If it is okay to use for MWO on Nvidia cards. What, how the settings.
yeah, ok, sorry, I guess we digress ... the only real problem with NVidia inspector is that its out of date, that being said, it does still work, but I'm honestly not sure if there is much to be gained from tweaking values that are not visible in the driver ...

you could probably make better ground from modifying a user.cfg to suit your needs, or tweaking out the CPU/RAM/GPU ...

#10 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:40 AM

I am running a 960T in my media build still.... haven't taken the time to swap out my old set up with the I74790K into my in wall media build yet. It is running at 4ghz, air cooled, and has 16gb of 1800mhz kingston ram in it. I have a 6870 xfx 2 gb card, and it's on a 55" LG 1080P TV. I haven't played MWO on this rig in a while, over a year, but when I used to, it played ok for what my specs are on the media build.

I think my settings are all medium to high, I would have to look at it. Running windows 10 on it and have been since the free upgrade offer from 7. Its not the best system to run on, but It plays and keeps up with FPS around 35-75 if I remember right? Can't say it suffered from stutter or made the game unplayable.

I would look into a Ryzen build if I was you, and go from there. My Msi EK block 1070 8gb is doing just fine, temps are around 29C on a custom water loop, 420 rad. Check around, do your research, get the right ram, 3200mhz starting point IMO, make sure its good ram, samsung B single dies, and make sure the motherboard you choose is putting out updates for the bios and doesn't have major issues or just plain buggy with Ryzen. Lots of info out there, research is a good thing. Posted Image

#11 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 23 September 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

... uhh huh, how much of that xeon does your MWO use exactly ? and uhh, which bit implied directly that he had skimped out on spending $ ... I'm not saying your wrong, just that you skipped a step in the middle where you ask him what its like ...

Yes I just gave him a comparsion right away without asking his config so he could compare his setup with mine to see if his stuff is better or not. If his stuff is better he would know that the problem might be somewhere else without going back and furth between replays here.
Sorry for shorting the steps.

or you know, you could just give intel a shitload of money and buy yourself a server, to play a game ... it works for some apparently ...

If thats aimed at me...I only payed 115€ (with shipping) for my CPU...not that much. Ok its a used one but hey it works.

#12 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

Any thoughts out there on the Aorus x299 gaming 7 mobo set with an Intel 7820 chip. Looking too finish my build i started this year with an MSI Nvidea 1080ti video card and may use the new 850 EVGA power supply I also bought for comp this year. But might have too go with 1000 or higher to fuel the new mobo.

#13 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

View Postjjyn, on 24 September 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Any thoughts out there on the Aorus x299 gaming 7 mobo set with an Intel 7820 chip. Looking too finish my build i started this year with an MSI Nvidea 1080ti video card and may use the new 850 EVGA power supply I also bought for comp this year. But might have too go with 1000 or higher to fuel the new mobo.

No thoughts on Intel right now.... I went Ryzen Posted Image As for your PSU, if it is a quality 850, shouldn't need more then 850 watt to power a 1080 ti, unless you plan on SLI with two of them. Can someone confirm? I am running a RM850 watt Corsair and it is all good with my Ryzen OC. to 4ghz, and 1070, running a custom water loop, 420 radiator, and several hard drives, Led lighting.

http://i.imgur.com/bE58imn.jpg

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 24 September 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

View Postjjyn, on 24 September 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

If it's a EVGA SuperNOVA 850W, you'll be fine. The Aorus x299 gaming 7 should be a decent enough board (Aorus is just Gigabyte's sub-brand for gaming, much like RoG for ASUS)

Edited by Vxheous, 24 September 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#15 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:10 AM

Thank you both. I was only thinking a 1000 watt because i wasnt sure how much power the mobo would require. My 1080ti is said too use 250 watts too power it, not all the time but can if pulling hard time. As for the Gigabyte brand I am fine with that for my comp now has and came with the Gigabyte x79-up4. So very familiar with it and its issues they can have.

#16 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:31 AM

View Postjjyn, on 25 September 2017 - 04:10 AM, said:

Thank you both. I was only thinking a 1000 watt because i wasnt sure how much power the mobo would require. My 1080ti is said too use 250 watts too power it, not all the time but can if pulling hard time. As for the Gigabyte brand I am fine with that for my comp now has and came with the Gigabyte x79-up4. So very familiar with it and its issues they can have.

Motherboards don't pull that much power, 850W for single video card set ups nowadays are more than enough. If I had to guess, your system will pull somewhere around 500W

Here's a PSU calculator: https://outervision....pply-calculator

Typically, you want to utilize between 50%-75% of your PSU's capability to maximize the PSU's efficiency (so if your computer needs 450W, you really shouldn't be using a 450W PSU, you should be using a 600W PSU). Also, not all PSU's are created equal. Look for good PSU manufacturers, Seasonic (and their rebrands like certain Corsair models) or Super Flower (and their rebrands, like EVGA SuperNOVA), come to mind.

#17 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:07 AM

bit of thread hijacking going on ... anyway ...

#18 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 24 September 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

No thoughts on Intel right now.... I went Ryzen Posted Image As for your PSU, if it is a quality 850, shouldn't need more then 850 watt to power a 1080 ti, unless you plan on SLI with two of them. Can someone confirm? I am running a RM850 watt Corsair and it is all good with my Ryzen OC. to 4ghz, and 1070, running a custom water loop, 420 radiator, and several hard drives, Led lighting.

http://i.imgur.com/bE58imn.jpg

Yes it is a quality one I think. EVGA 850 Bronze series. And just so I am not hijacking the post, Guard dogg in the short time I have been playing with a comp worth trying too set, there is a few things some maybe over looking as far as just settings.
If you have a Nvidea control panel see where your max prerendering fram is set at. Mine is set at a 2. Also this doesnt pertain too the issue you are having but does too the fram rate. How high you have your brightness and gamma setting can affect your fram rate by 5-15 fps depending on how high they are set. Had my settings out of wack before too the point that I would shot dead center of mech and still miss, changed a few settings and back too normal. Also you could have 2 programs clashing if you use alot of outside apps then needed. Point is dont always think it is hardware it could just be setting or 2. If you do use Nvidea control panel, try resetting too default and see if that does anything for you.

Edited by jjyn, 25 September 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#19 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 23 September 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Also Guard Dogg try too find a program too test your cards ability. I use Kombuster from MSI but dont know if it would work for other cards. From there you can bench mark your card and see if it is the issue

#20 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

You have a 1060 6gb card right??? I almost went with one instead of the 1070.... I don't think the 1060 is a card that is not able to play this game well, or should be able to. LOL, I won't even go there with the normal remarks about what it takes to play this game with decent FPS. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users