No Damage Is Registering In Match

47 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:52 AM

Against 3 different mechs no damage registered at all in a match I was just in. I think the entire team wasn't doing damage.

Just a heads up.

#2 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

Been running for about 1.5hrs. No problems in solo or group queue!

#3 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

Second match doing no damage again.

#4 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:07 AM

You should try and capture some vids.

#5 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:13 AM

Third match doing damage.

Sometimes this can go on for more than 10 matches in a row at this time. All servers.

View PostExilyth, on 24 September 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

You should try and capture some vids.

The match log will show no problem. I just don't feel like waiting for that to play out this time is all.

Edited by Johnny Z, 24 September 2017 - 03:37 AM.

#6 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:13 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 September 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

Third match doing damage.

Sometimes this can go on for more than 10 matches in a row at this time. All servers.

just did 700+ in an Anh

#7 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

Can we please lock this nonsense thread especially without a video being provided?
What is next Johnny?
You report every match you lose because it must not happen?

Edited by Antares102, 24 September 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#8 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:57 AM

View PostKharonn, on 24 September 2017 - 02:13 AM, said:

just did 700+ in an Anh

The Anni is awesome. Walks like a Godzilla movie.

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

Videos would definitely help...

I have matches occasionally where there is a notable lack of damage registration. In those matches I expect - and this is based on the experience of 10,000 matches - that I've done about triple the damage that shows up on the end score screen. Ie, I feel like I've done 500+ damage but the end screen shows 150.

In an experiment I did, a team mate and I took identical S-SRM Kintaros into matches and fired exactly the same salvos at exactly the same targets. He consistently recorded 30% more damage than I did... with a weapon that mostly removes 'aiming' from the variables. (Yes, there will be differences based on who killed the component. And maybe the odd missile might hit the terrain. But that should mostly even out over the course of several matches.)

So, something was going on.

I have seen more comments about absent hitreg in the past few weeks than previously. It's hard to know for sure, other than those glaring obvious 'why the hell isn't the Mech in front of me dead yet?' moments which I hope to capture on video, Nvidia permitting.

(The night before last I put five 48-point alphas into the CT of a Mad Dog but it didn't even turn his armor red. Sadly, my GEForce Experience software had crapped out during that match. So I reinstalled GEForce Experience and am waiting to catch the evidence next time and share it with PGI.)

Edited by Appogee, 24 September 2017 - 03:13 AM.

#10 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:13 AM

That sounds like a lag problem. There is no damage because you are shooting at a target that was there in the past, you are seeing the past, but the server knows he is not there now. It can be such a time warp that you could be dead and the game over, but you are still moving around shooting frozen targets! Posted Image

#11 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:39 AM

Maybe the enemy is just better than you.

Posted Image

#12 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

Not a glitch, it's a new "feature" of the HSR since the last patch. Probably to "balance" damage between the T1s against the T5s they're not supposed to be dropping against.

#13 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:30 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 September 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

Not a glitch, it's a new "feature" of the HSR since the last patch. Probably to "balance" damage between the T1s against the T5s they're not supposed to be dropping against.

Proof needed.

#14 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:20 AM

View PostZergling, on 24 September 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

Proof needed.

PGI coded it without outside help. There's your proof.

#15 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 September 2017 - 05:20 AM, said:

PGI coded it without outside help. There's your proof.

So what you are saying is it doesn't work... so that there is effectively no hidden mechanic that makes T1 players do less dmg than underhive spuds? ok gotcha.

Edited by Ghogiel, 24 September 2017 - 05:35 AM.

#16 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

Even if a dozen people show any of you proof of: "pass throughs"; impossible or non-existant head shot hit boxes; non hit registration caused by any of the frame rate issues; hit mathematics calculation errors (cause by weapons errors that are compounding); or, that the code PGI is using is flawed beyond repair, many of you would find fault and doubt.....

I've seen it. Entire 12 person teams have experienced it and lost matches because of what "it" is and there have been several good articles of game expereinces of weapons simply not registering data....

It takes the fun out of the game and fun, is at an all time low for me and, there's almost no one left...........

#17 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:10 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 September 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

#18 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

View PostAsym, on 24 September 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

Even if a dozen people show any of you proof of: "pass throughs"; impossible or non-existant head shot hit boxes; non hit registration caused by any of the frame rate issues; hit mathematics calculation errors (cause by weapons errors that are compounding); or, that the code PGI is using is flawed beyond repair, many of you would find fault and doubt.....

I've seen it. Entire 12 person teams have experienced it and lost matches because of what "it" is and there have been several good articles of game expereinces of weapons simply not registering data....

It takes the fun out of the game and fun, is at an all time low for me and, there's almost no one left...........

So entire matches, with 24 people in them, frequently experience no damage matches, and yet none of them can be bothered to show any proof.

We're running into the Bigfoot/Ghost problem here - As access to cellphone cameras (Or in the case of MWO, from-manufacturer screencap software) becomes more and more mainstream, it becomes increasingly harder to believe someone when they say 'Trust me.' Particularly when its the same exact people, making the same exact claims, the exact same way, over and over and over again, and using the same exact excuse every time someone asks for proof - It's obvious, why should I bother?

Well, because it's not obvious, most of us aren't seeing this, and we aren't going to take your word for it.

#19 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:22 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 24 September 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

So what you are saying is it doesn't work... so that there is effectively no hidden mechanic that makes T1 players do less dmg than underhive spuds? ok gotcha.

No, I'm being sarcastic. HSR always has issues following a patch or update. Back before the skill tree, the trick was to figure out what was hitting and what wasn't, then alter your builds accordingly. A little hard with all the SP/GXP expendatures on the tree now.

#20 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

This thread is nonsense.

I've played probably way too many MWO games over the years, and while there have been a few memorable instances in a few matches of damage not registering obviously - mostly because of feathering jumpjets - it is NOT some wide-spread problem that "makes it so nobody can deal damage," nor is it some magical issue that was suddenly "added to the game as part of some super-secret conspiracy that only random people on the internet have discovered." Good lord, people - is THIS what passes for reasoning these days?

Yes, some damage here and there is often lost because of network or HSR issues. It's not huge, it's rarely obvious, and it works as much for you as against you since sometimes somebody shoots you but little damage registers.

Yes, damage against disconnected mechs is spotty. We know that, and it doesn't impact matches because the target isn't participating.

And, yes, now and then - probably less often than once a year - I've had a surreal match where the server loses it and mechs freeze in place or teleport around now and then, and damage doesn't register. But those matches are unwinnable because everyone is being affected and nobody can really aim or move properly anymore. If it happens, disconnect and send a support ticket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users