No Damage Is Registering In Match

47 replies to this topic

#21 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

Wait, this *isn't* a thread about hackusations?

I'm so happy!

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:05 AM

View PostExilyth, on 24 September 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

You should try and capture some vids.

that would be a first.....

#23 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:51 AM

hit reg has always been spotty at best... especially between opponents that have a ping difference of 100 or more

#24 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 September 2017 - 02:13 AM, said:

The match log will show no problem.

Do you mean the match log will show you doing damage even though you're convinced it isn't registering? Because that sounds incredibly unlikely.

#25 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 24 September 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

hit reg has always been spotty at best... especially between opponents that have a ping difference of 100 or more

I've seen direct ERPPC, SRM and Gauss hits not registering a couple of times over the last week or so. No ambiguity either - clear solid hits, no damage. Figure the hitreg is acting up a bit again, haven't seen it affect an entire team though.

Edited by Rakshasa, 24 September 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#26 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

View PostRakshasa, on 24 September 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

I've seen direct ERPP, SRM and Gauss hits not registering a couple of times over the last week or so. No ambiguity either - clear solid hits, no damage. Figure the hitreg is acting up a bit again, haven't seen it affect an entire team though.

true, never seen it effect an entire team. and I often watch PPCs (of all variaty/faction) pass through mechs.. its a notorious problem especially with clan erppcs

my favorite is when you get your armor critted out before the enemy lasers even render on screen, and when they do render, its only for a small fraction of their burn time... and that only happens when I'm facing an opponent with a ping 100 or more higher than mine

#27 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostKhereg, on 24 September 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Do you mean the match log will show you doing damage even though you're convinced it isn't registering? Because that sounds incredibly unlikely.

Actually, it's pretty common for some builds, most notably anything using only PPC/ERPPC. You can watch your shot travel right through an enemy but at the end, you're given credit for damage that didn't seem to get applied during the match.

#28 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

I've had a couple weird instances with Clan ERMLs lately. I do have high ping, but lasers have always registered in the past.

#29 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostBombast, on 24 September 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

So entire matches, with 24 people in them, frequently experience no damage matches, and yet none of them can be bothered to show any proof.

We're running into the Bigfoot/Ghost problem here - As access to cellphone cameras (Or in the case of MWO, from-manufacturer screencap software) becomes more and more mainstream, it becomes increasingly harder to believe someone when they say 'Trust me.' Particularly when its the same exact people, making the same exact claims, the exact same way, over and over and over again, and using the same exact excuse every time someone asks for proof - It's obvious, why should I bother?

Well, because it's not obvious, most of us aren't seeing this, and we aren't going to take your word for it.

That's fine.....I respect your comments.

Most players are perfectly fine where they are and you don't see them on the forums...
Observations are just that "observations"; and, if I had the time or inclination to record everything, that would be a neat masters level thesis..... (sorry, already have one.....)

I have no real dog in this fight: other than I really like MW.
I have no reason to lie about what I'm observing....really guys, it's just a game I like and play.
The hard part is what I've done for a living and I "see" patterns that "infer" that hit registration and damage calculations are amiss in many minor ways..... Minor, but observable ways.... That's all....
It is creating a lot of frustration when teams do really good work out there, fight the good fights only to lose when "an anomoly" centered around specific mech classes robs them of the "good game".... It frustrates the crap out of me to watch seemingly impervious mechs, as I've used earlier as an example, screw up good teamwork and skew results.
The you're a potato and "get GuD" isn't sufficient anymore.......there are too many first rate players involved in this observation.

I respect your need for data. MWO has responded that there are "issues" they may or may not ever get to.... As the "issues" start to compound and get worse, with player retentions as it is, we may be pretty alone in this game.... I asked a buch of EVIL players who dropped in QP yesterday what the heck they were doing in QP and they said there wasn't a FP to play: no players....... OK.......no players......the event? Yeah, not from what I've seen or experienced.....

Proof? Here's some proof. The team I play on has 10 players in the month of Sepetmber so far that have played MWO. 10 of 57 have played at least 1 game.... We haven't dropped in FP in 3 months as a team. We haven't dropped as a team in over one month in any other form. We couldn't put a team together for the tournament; no interest even with the "free stuff" attached. Most are playing "other games"...... Proof ! Proof? Proof is in the numbers of players that love this game not playing......

#30 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 24 September 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

Against 3 different mechs no damage registered at all in a match I was just in. I think the entire team wasn't doing damage.

Just a heads up.

For about that last hour my CAC20s are not registering properly.
Fired 6 times and did 33 damage... awesome.

Oh, and who needs proof? We all know this game has utter **** hit reg, and when it is bad this kind of post is more of a courtesy call for people to get together and say something like. "Hey PGI, reboot your servers!" or "Hey PGI, whatever the **** you are doing on the servers, stop it"

Edited by LORD ORION, 24 September 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#31 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 24 September 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

Wait, this *isn't* a thread about hackusations?

Hit reg issues or hacks? The former creates false positives for the later.

#32 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

People should send hit reg related videos to technical@mwomercs.com.

#33 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Lets see.

Post from Johnny z hacusations z badhitregistration z, check
Hyperbole, check
No proof, check
Cant possibly be him, check

This thread has it all.

#34 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 September 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

Actually, it's pretty common for some builds, most notably anything using only PPC/ERPPC. You can watch your shot travel right through an enemy but at the end, you're given credit for damage that didn't seem to get applied during the match.

But that's clearly not hitreg*. That's your display not accurately representing what's occurring on the server, usually owing to lag. Also, the original complaint seemed to be failing to get credit for damage done, then it sounded more like getting credit for damage you didn't realize you did. I'm still trying to figure out what the actual problem is. The fact that JohnnyZ is historically reticent to provide videos when he makes these (or other) complaints really isn't helpful, either. For God's sake Johnny, go install OBS already. It's free.

* Or it could be, but what you see isn't always conclusive proof.

Edited by Khereg, 24 September 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#35 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Well what do we have here? Surely not another Johnny Z thread making a bunch of fanciful claims without a shread of proof or evidence and when asked to provide it - oh that's right, it doesn't exist or isn't possible.

View PostKhereg, on 24 September 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Well I could understand you doing no damage if you were bad and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn?

That is quite possibly what is at play here.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 24 September 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#36 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

Guys, maybe you should look at who created the thread/OP.

#37 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostAthom83, on 24 September 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

We know who created it.

View PostCarl Vickers, on 24 September 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Post from Johnny z hacusations z badhitregistration z, check

#38 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostAthom83, on 24 September 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

I know. But for those who don't, calling him names or dismissing him out of hand just gives him fuel. The only way to handle it (IMHO) is to ask him to clarify exactly what he thinks is going on, why he thinks it, and to provide any supporting evidence he has. If he can't back up his accusations, it very quickly becomes clear to everyone that he's just talking out of his nether regions.

Edited by Khereg, 24 September 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#39 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

But everyone knows that before opening the thread?

People are just here for the popcorn and strippers.

#40 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostKhereg, on 24 September 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

I know. But for those who don't, calling him names or dismissing him out of hand just gives him fuel. The only way to handle it (IMHO) is to ask him to clarify exactly what he thinks is going on, why he thinks it, and to provide any supporting evidence he has. If he can't back up his accusations, it very quickly becomes clear to everyone that he's just talking out of his nether regions.

Respect Khereg but what you say above has been done and tried many many times, after doing it so many times you get bored and know straight away that he is talking out of his nether regions, specially once you have been in some matches with him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users