2 replies to this topic

#1 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

As most I am not able too buy nor put together a monster machine at one time. So I started my build this year with a MSI Nvidea 1080ti gaming x video card and a 850 watt EVGA power supply. Now next year i will be purchasing the rest of build. I was wondering if any thoughts on an Aorus x299 gaming 7 MOBO[maybe gaming 9 if the intel i9s come down in price next year] with an Intel i7 7820 chip. Also will be pushing the limits too 64 gigs of ram. I know someone is going too say it is not needed but i like too go big and plan for the future of gaming. When i finish this I will not be upgrading for a long time. Maybe i go 1000 watt power supply too for fueling the beast. Thank you for your time and thoughts.

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

theres really not much point until your looking at spending the money ... I saw some stuff the other day implying that the next gen ryzen (in another year or two) will use the AM4 socket ...

as it currently stands, its probably a little excessive for mwo, in normal circumstances anyway ...

#3 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

As an X299 owner, MSI Gaming M7 ACK, this is my second official big build. Still working on it as i need several other key components. But i have to say, it is a beauty, even has good reviews on Newegg. Twin 1TB M.2s occupy the slots for the time being. I also plan to slap in 128GB of RAM as well. It's a beautiful board and im very anxious to get it up and running.

However, the new Z370 line, or 300 series, seems to be very promising. Along with the new Coffee Lake which also seem very reasonable too. I think thats my next project. But perhaps the 300 series could sway you away from the X299? When they came out i was kicking myself "crap i shoulda waited and this could have been my next build" moment and most likely would have had everything ready to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users