Pgi, Please Give Us An Indicator If People Can At Least Hear You

11 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:33 AM

If you have VOIP off, Of people blocked you.. at least show it some how.. Maybe a Big red slash through their speaker, or X or something...

It would be nice to know if people are just ignoring on purpose or can't hear.. Yes it would help, So folks don't bother to waste their time trying to help coordinate.

#2 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

You can't guarantee it, someone could be listening to music or have their game sound on low, or be sneezing when you speak. Safer just to mic check for those who can hear you at the start.

Some people can hear you fine and just ignore you too.

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:08 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 25 September 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

Some people can hear you fine and just ignore you too.

I realize that.. But at least at the beginning of the match if i see 8 people with big red X's over there names.. I won't even bother. You know, like one mech right behind us.. say, hey assault behind us, lets push him.. instead of just doing it, i would at least know.. well most of the team won't even hear me, so maybe that is not a good idea.

Info is good,, and info that no one is listening to begin with is good info..

#4 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:10 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 September 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

If you have VOIP off, Of people blocked you.. at least show it some how.. Maybe a Big red slash through their speaker, or X or something...

It would be nice to know if people are just ignoring on purpose or can't hear.. Yes it would help, So folks don't bother to waste their time trying to help coordinate.

I don't envy those brave enough to call a drop, especially in a PUG. It's rare you're thanked for your efforts...

...but I can assure you, that at least from my perspective, i'm immensely happy that you do it.

I'll always try and follow someone with the stones to put on their leader pants, even if their plan is pants on head idiotic, because people willing to call a drop (and I mean call a drop - not whine about what we 'should' be doing) should be lauded.

While i'll usually offer a 'good calls' and the end of a called match, please don't mistake silence for lack of appreciation. I'm not deliberately ignoring you; I just hate people, and avoid communicating with them wherever possible :)

#5 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 September 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

I realize that.. But at least at the beginning of the match if i see 8 people with big red X's over there names.. I won't even bother. You know, like one mech right behind us.. say, hey assault behind us, lets push him.. instead of just doing it, i would at least know.. well most of the team won't even hear me, so maybe that is not a good idea.

Info is good,, and info that no one is listening to begin with is good info..

I'm just saying you will get a much better result if you just mic check (make sure everyone on your team has connected first of course) at the start of a match, and apply that same logic, if you get no or very few responses, just don't bother.

#6 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

Can we also get an eighth note for music? I get better results with NieR: Automata's "Fortress of Lies" than listening to an idea that 1/3 the team end up ignoring.

#7 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:29 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 25 September 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

I'm just saying you will get a much better result if you just mic check (make sure everyone on your team has connected first of course) at the start of a match, and apply that same logic, if you get no or very few responses, just don't bother.

Yea, i do that.. But honestly sometimes i get tired of the crickets.. I know it's simple to say but still. also there are lots of people that listen, but don't have a mic. I did that for a long time, but i used chat to reply, or call locations.. aka 4 mechs f6..

And i agree with the other guy, i love it when someone calls, or even just calls a target in general. I'm not a leader persay, but i at least try to call my target, or say.. Don't go around that corner, there are 6 mechs! :P.

#8 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 September 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

Yea, i do that.. But honestly sometimes i get tired of the crickets.. I know it's simple to say but still. also there are lots of people that listen, but don't have a mic. I did that for a long time, but i used chat to reply, or call locations.. aka 4 mechs f6..

And i agree with the other guy, i love it when someone calls, or even just calls a target in general. I'm not a leader persay, but i at least try to call my target, or say.. Don't go around that corner, there are 6 mechs! Posted Image.

Yeah that is just good practice man, try not to let the bad sides of it effect you too much I guess.

Battle typing is not my forte, and my headset has been making MWO crash, so I really do miss it, the benefit of just finding a couple other players in a game who you know will respond is huge.

#9 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:48 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 25 September 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

Yeah that is just good practice man, try not to let the bad sides of it effect you too much I guess.

Battle typing is not my forte, and my headset has been making MWO crash, so I really do miss it, the benefit of just finding a couple other players in a game who you know will respond is huge.

Yea i hear ya.. that is why if someone says something i always will say something like Roger, just so they know someone is listening.. I should join a unit, but my play times are so spratic that i don't want to commit to something. the times that i have grouped it is been tons of fun and makes loosing a lot less hard just knowing you are working together you know?

#10 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

Granted I haven't played in a year, but I thought if the person had comms off, then the little speaker icon didn't show beside their name.

#11 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 25 September 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Granted I haven't played in a year, but I thought if the person had comms off, then the little speaker icon didn't show beside their name.

This.

I'm pretty sure that the missing speaker icon (that you can click on to mute them) next to their name means that they have VOIP turned off.

#12 darthJaeger

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 67 posts
  • LocationRight behind you

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

You could just form a pre made with the people who want to follow you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users