• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:08 AM

Hi,

I found this event both entertaining and annoying. Skipped the gauss/c gauss and IS LBX. I like guass just left it till last and ran out of desire to play.

The bad:
cHmgs/Mgs, cUac20/ac10/cac10's all sucked the joy out of playing for me. I'm not sure if my builds, teams or weapons... for what ever reason they simply weren't fun during the event. The cacs weren't wonderful either, shouldn't have done them first :( especially since they subiquentically reduced their requirements. (Oh well - shrug).

The Fun:
Ac2's (BJ-1), Lmg's (viper & arrow), clbx's (used a hunch iic for all of them; quad clbx2 & dual cLBX 20's the most fun), quad cuac2's was mint too (it has been quite a while since I have used a cUac2 boat). Dual Rac2's/ac2's on a mauler and Boom widow (dual ac20's).

Surprising:
clbx2 & 5's were alot of fun, totally didn't expect it. (Probably in a trolling way since they have great range... but spread)... and most surprising for me was a tie between the dual rac2 /ac2 mauler (and i really didn't like rac5's) or the king crab with 2xLPL, 2xmrm30's, 6xhvy mg.

So what was good, bad and surprising for you?

Edited by chucklesMuch, 25 September 2017 - 02:10 AM.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:19 AM

I was annoyed by all the "bad" weapons I had to buy (I nearly puked in my mouth at the 1.7 mil cbills to plop 3LBX5s on my High Roller) and how many mechs I messed up to do it (wtf? 4 crits for lbx2s?!! No wonder i don't bother with these); I'm grateful that I didn't have time to finish many of the sub-sections otherwise I would have spent what little I have saved).

On the other hand I was also surprised as well at the fun I had with some of them. If LBX20 was a little faster to cycle I would play that thing a lot more, as one example. Same with the 5s...odd sound effect: I liked it.

#3 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 25 September 2017 - 02:19 AM, said:

I was annoyed by all the "bad" weapons I had to buy (I nearly puked in my mouth at the 1.7 mil cbills to plop 3LBX5s on my High Roller) and how many mechs I messed up to do it (wtf? 4 crits for lbx2s?!! No wonder i don't bother with these); I'm grateful that I didn't have time to finish many of the sub-sections otherwise I would have spent what little I have saved).

On the other hand I was also surprised as well at the fun I had with some of them. If LBX20 was a little faster to cycle I would play that thing a lot more, as one example. Same with the 5s...odd sound effect: I liked it.

Kek.... yeah most events I make space bucks... reckon I spent 60-70m on sale mechs, engines, dhs, edo ...and crappy weapons.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

IS UAC20s performed slightly better than I expected. On Jager-DD.

CACs were crap, except for CAC2. Nothing surprising.

Was only focused on Rocket Girls.

#5 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 25 September 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

IS UAC20s performed slightly better than I expected. On Jager-DD.

CACs were crap, except for CAC2. Nothing surprising.

Was only focused on Rocket Girls.

Rocket girl has a lot to answer for!

A friend decided to host 7dtd server... so I probably wouldn't have even played... except for her.

#6 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:28 AM

I concluded that a rocket girl is not worth going through the clan ac family.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

i got really good performance out of my cacs. people claim they were bad. but i have grown accustomed to them and have considered them (at least since skill tree) the best clan autos. i ran them on a dire (cac 60 configuration) and didnt much like the results. that build used to be cool as a cucumber but something somewhere changed and i was over heating something fierce, so i switched to a quad 10 build and then used a mad iic-d with ecm, dual erll and dual ac20 co complete that class, two games later i was done and the build was fun as hell to boot (one game pulling in 6 kills). i did the cac5s (imho the most useless cac) in 3 games, using a tripple jager bone jag build. did all the 2 class in one game.

on the is side i ran a very stupid but highly amusing and oddly effective ac39 annihilator build. pretty soon the 2s were done and i was swapping each gun out for something else, rac 2 and 5 were rotated in its place. when the 10s were done i switched over to the boom hammer for uac/ac/lb 20 runs.

most dispapointing performers were the gauss builds. with the possible exception of the light gauss, all other gausses performed terribly, mostly in dual configurations. this was likely due to the situational nature of gauss bots. i made the mistake of using a kodiak for the clan gauss. its not what it once was. i should have used a dual gauss hunch iic or hellby instead. after several fail runs i slipped into a dual gauss onion iic. the hgauss turned out to take the longest. mostly because i only owned one and didnt have the bills to buy another (nor did i want to). used a shadowhawk. the build was fun but the grind was terrible.

machine guns did not perform as well as intended despite having really good games with them. this was kind of expected though as they are not known for their armor damage. they just kind of plink off and most of the results you get are through crits. so it takes a long time to chew through the grind even though you are getting kills.

what i really liked is that i only saw lerms like twice, and once was when i was running my dual uac10 highlander build and they were mine (i swapped these out with atms on my second run, there was no need for a third). whenever possible i used builds that were already built and tested. many of the uac and lb builds were such mechs. so by that virtue they had weapons other than ballistics, and in this one case it was lerms. i dont really like lerms but when i use them its on a mixed build such as this, and it just kind of works.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 September 2017 - 06:51 PM.

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:35 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 September 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

i did the cac5s (imho the most useless cac) in 3 games, using a tripple jager build.

Jager is IS mech.

#9 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:36 AM

I had a good time at first. I absolutely fell in love with my Raven 4x. Loving the RAC5 2xERML build on that thing. RAC2 + LPL is pretty good too, and crazy cool. The only thing I'd suggest to PGI is leaving the event running for a full week so everyone can take advantage of them, but making the accomplishments quicker so that it's not constant potato builds all week. I wish I could forget some of the LBX builds I saw.

#10 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:47 AM

I was shocked by how bad the HBK-4G plays with a STD200.. I grabbed one for my clan account to do IS ac's.. (i only did ac's on each, i could care less about the other rewards) But man does that mech suck with that engine, or i suck in it with it.. I dunno which, maybe both! Took me 20 matches to do ac20-5 and 2's.. (I think i did the ac20 in it with my IS 4G in like 6 matches)

Still got the 10's left, and im around .5 w/l and .5 KDR and 200 match score average. Holy crap have i been terrible with that build. I was going to swap it, but at this point i'm determined to see how terrible it ends up.. Between the mech and the teams.. boy has this weekend sucked lol. My Medium avearge score with over 40 matches was around 300.. after the terrbibad 4G matches i dropped all the way to 200. that takes some extremely bad play to tank a score like that..

(i ripped through both clan ac's and IS ac's in two nights last week, in just over 10 matches each) I did not get suddenly horrible over night.. I need a break..

Edited by JC Daxion, 25 September 2017 - 03:51 AM.

#11 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

The UAC2 really surprised me. With doubletap its feels like a macro and you do way more damage in the same facetime than with AC2s. Great fun up to nearly 1000m.

#12 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:59 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 September 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

Still got the 10's left, and im around .5 w/l and .5 KDR and 200 match score average.
This event just wasn't worth it. I didn't have all the guns so even having to buy one of them put me in the negative after the reward. Combine that with the worse performance from running LBXs and you're better off playing in a real mech.

Edit: and then..... 2,000 damage for an AC20 but only 1,000 for a UAC20? Come on PGI.

Edited by adamts01, 25 September 2017 - 04:00 AM.

#13 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

View Postadamts01, on 25 September 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

Edit: and then..... 2,000 damage for an AC20 but only 1,000 for a UAC20? Come on PGI.

Yep, and mere 100 damage for AC2s and 500 damage for AC5s, even though it is much easier to hit 2000 damage with those weapons.

Edited by El Bandito, 25 September 2017 - 04:08 AM.

#14 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:14 AM

People from my unit can confirm how i hate the LBX. Shots vanish and they spray over multiple locations. Open regions seem to not get crittet the way they should. Useless weapons exept for some mechs with somehow let them feel not so bad, but they are rare. But i knew that before.

What surprised me, was how much more matchscore i get when playing ultra acs.
I am used to headhunting with gauss ppcs and large lasers. The improved dps got me a matchscore wich was 100 points above my average for the matches i tryed. Felt like cheating. Its so easy to get 800-900 dmg with uacs on heavys.... didnt think it was that easy. Have to run them more than for one or two matches each in the future.
Might break an average of 400 matchscore if i manage to put the gauss away.

#15 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:17 AM

I used almost entirely energy based builds, because I have nothing to gain from these events at this point. Cockpit items dont interest me in the least.

#16 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:19 AM

I thought it was absurd to include the Clan ACs as a weapon system they needed metrics for, since it was supposed to be a placeholder until they figured out how to do swappable ammo for LBXs. If they fired a single slug, like the LBX is supposed to use, I suppose they would be worth using.....they would ultimately represent the type of ammo you loaded for the drop. But, nope...we get the spazz fire like the CUACs give us.

#17 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:28 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 25 September 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

Its so easy to get 800-900 dmg with uacs on heavys.... didnt think it was that easy.
Did you really just find out that heavies are OP?

#18 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:38 AM

well this was the type of testing I used to do before getting screwed by the skill system
I would go through every weapon and every combination of weapons

so far off the top of my head I bought 2 UAC2s, 1 LB5X, 1 UAC10, 1 UAC20, 1 LB10X
that's as far as I have gotten

so a very rough estimate would be 3,380,000 C-bills spent (that's not including the buying and selling ferro armor and MGs)

on a some what good note I am back in my original Mech the Jager DD
and I now 1885 drops in it

I will probably not have enough time to finish the challenge

#19 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:46 AM

This has to be the first event where I actually have less cbills at the end of it. Started off with around 12,5 million and now Iam down to 8 million.

Oh well, anyways I gotta say I actually enjoyed running dual LBX20 on Warhammer and even got it completed in the first match. 4xUAC2 on Jager-DD was pretty fun too. I will definately keep playing with both of them in the future.

The Machine guns were quite easy to complete with the Ember and really the only ones I didn't like all too much were the Gauss rifles, specifically the light and heavy versions.

#20 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:48 AM

Dislike : The event browser STILL doesn't work since it started...

Like: Honestly can't say the event browser STILL doesn't work...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users