Unsupported Video Card

6 replies to this topic

#1 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

The furstration of MWO, is graphics (Well for me anyways). I downgraded to my older Mother board. Which has PCIx 2.0 slots. Updated BIOS.
https://www.msi.com/...d/970A-G43.html

I plugged in a Asus Rx460
https://www.asus.com...DUAL-RX460-O2G/

Windows 7.

After pressing play in MWO portal. I get this message.

"unsupported video card detected! Continuing to run might lead to unexpected results of crashes. Please check the manual for further information on hardware requirements. [Vendor id = 0x1002, device id = 0x67 ef]"

I play MWO anyways and now I get up to 100fps, Medium settings, and in high settings, I get 40-60fps.
On a newer system with a Evga Nvidia Gtx 1060 6gb sc, I was getting 25-40 fps. Weird.

How in the world can I fix this error message?

Before I put in the Rx460. I had a Sapphire Radeon 1GB HD6770 Gddr5
Medium settings = 14-20 fps.

Edited by GuardDogg, 25 September 2017 - 02:10 PM.

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

you just ignore that error ... its nothing major .... but might never be fixed ....

#3 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

quote from the related thread in the workarounds hidden subforum ....

Bobby Jubraj said:

We're currently aware of an issue players may encounter where upon booting up MWO they're greeted with an Unsupported GPU error message prompt, even if their GPU is technically supported by our client. We were able to identify this as an issue introduced by a recent Windows Update which overwrites key video drivers, causing a mismatch of the GPU reported to our client, resulting in this error message prompt.  

It’s important to note that this error message can simply be bypassed by pressing ‘OK’, after which MWO should boot up as intended without any further issues. Considering this error message can be ignored, and given the complex nature of how Windows is applying their updates, we unfortunately don’t have a timeframe on a possible fix.

Apologies for any inconvenience this issue may be causing.

#4 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

^

Oh wow. Thanks. Made things easier. Wonder how long this been going on for?

Edited by GuardDogg, 25 September 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#5 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

first appeared a few months ago ... and has been steadily hitting more and more people .... its fairly random too, you might get it one day, but not the next ....

#6 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

AWESOME!!! The Woes and mysteries of MWO. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

yeah, were like stuck in a time loop from 2013 or so .... all we can hope is that the new singleplayer goes well, and they port the multiplayer side to that engine, and they keep the code more modular so that the base engine might be able to undergo periodic updates ...

I get the feeling this random error wont go anywhere either ... because of aforementioned stuck in the past ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users