Or as I like to call it, the Kaboomjack

#2 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

i was having some good luck with my Huginn 'boomchicken' and UAC20, but she ran through those 3 tons of ammo way too fast - I should have moved up 10 tons!

#3 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

A teensy bit of very judicious armor shaving and swapping to light ferro gets you a whole extra ton of UAC20 ammo. If you're not comfortable taking off any armor, you still get half a ton just for the LFF.

#4 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:09 AM

I think if you're going to risk the XL engine you might want to go with medium lasers for a bit more punch. This would be my UAC20 build with an XL engine. I'd drop down to small lasers only if I was going to go with a LFE.

This would probably be my UAC20 with an LFE build, but that's really shaving off stuff to squeeze that UAC20 in there. You will surprise people by not dying to an XL Engine Check though. Another option would be to go with two torso mounted medium lasers and strip the opposite arm like this build.

#5 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 26 September 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

A teensy bit of very judicious armor shaving and swapping to light ferro gets you a whole extra ton of UAC20 ammo. If you're not comfortable taking off any armor, you still get half a ton just for the LFF.

You never want to use the 1/2t ammo bin for the UAC/20. Its a complete and total ripoff.

#6 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostAthom83, on 27 September 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

You never want to use the 1/2t ammo bin for the UAC/20. Its a complete and total ripoff.

He was just saying that the OP could gain a half ton on his build by switching to light ferro armour. Drop one jump jet or switch to a 225XL engine, add a full ton of ammo, and add one point of armour back to the head and it's a decent build with a reasonable amount of ammo for the UAC20.

#7 NajLok

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:21 AM

That is pretty cool looking. I like how you only have to protect one side. But on the flip side if you lose that side you'll be pretty screwed too haha. I will have to take a look at this in game.

#8 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

Once you get the two magazine nodes you can carry four tons with of ammo with three, then you don't have to drop the engine size.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users