How Do You Post Images?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Master Green Fox

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

I have been trying since day one of joining this game and entering the forums to post images/gifs in my posts like I see many other people do.

However I can't figure out for the life of me how to do it.

I have tried dragging the image over to the post. If I do this It appear to get pasted into the post, but then I can't post the post because it gives me the error "You must enter a post"

Same thing happenes if I copy paste the file.

If I use the image button and try to get a URL of the image I want, this happens

Posted Image

If I try to embed the image it gives me this code. And if I try to give it to the code button it does this

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/12XMGIWtrHBl5e" width="480" height="392" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/the-office-no-steve-carell-12XMGIWtrHBl5e">via GIPHY</a></p>

A link just gives me a link to the image instead of posting the image in the post.

And I tried to used the "My media" button but it wants to pull from media that I have uploaded. I can't find a damn place anywhere on this whole MWO site to upload anything.

I tried looking up any kind of guidance on this, but could not find anything about how to use post functions let alone how to post images. I can't think of anything else to try. I have never had such a hard time posting an image to a forum before. This has been an incredibly frustrating endeavor.

*Edit: for the image button it used to just say "Posted Image" in blue underline, and if I clicked on it it would just open the darkened image overlay with a blank white square with a loading circle. It would never load an image. I don't know why it finally works, it is the exact same URL I have been trying to use.*

Edited by Master Green Fox, 02 October 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#2 Master Green Fox

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

And after trying for off and on for months and it never working, now the image button works. After failing to work over and over and over again just 30 minutes ago driving me to make this post, now it works for no other reason than because I decided to ask.

#3 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

Posted Image

#4 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:23 AM

I get the same problems. MWO forums suck when it comes to support pictures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users