Our Own Dropships Shooting Me In Invasion?

7 replies to this topic

#1 GeoSynchronicity

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

I just got out of an invasion game as innersphere and while I was helping to defend our base with my banshee I kept getting shot in the back by lasers. finally i found out it was a dropship that kept shooting me in our own base. Is this one of our own dropships just bugging out and making sure our opponents win or is there some way of attacking the enemy base with dropships?

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

View PostGeoSynchronicity, on 04 October 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

I just got out of an invasion game as innersphere and while I was helping to defend our base with my banshee I kept getting shot in the back by lasers. finally i found out it was a dropship that kept shooting me in our own base. Is this one of our own dropships just bugging out and making sure our opponents win or is there some way of attacking the enemy base with dropships?

The Air Control Tower (ACT short for the hud bar) has the ability if powered to send your drop ships over to the enemy base to help capture it. (AKA: Those where your opponent's drop ships hitting you as they flew over your base.)

Originally you could summon one of these drop ships in defense of your own base, but that was quickly changed into a more offensive tower after Invasion was released. This change was done to prevent base camping as too strong of a viable tactic. As of this moment we have:
Jammer tower: Very defensive tower as it envelops your base and any allies inside it into an ECM field.
Radar tower: Very omni-tower, supporting both offense and defense. Probably the best one to place power into first.
ACT: A very offensive tower, summoning drop ships to the enemy base to help hurt any defenders hiding over there.

Basically, power Jammer if you are being forced to defend your base from the enemy. Power Radar for most cases to locate the enemy and see what they are doing (in burst effects). Power ACT if you are attacking the enemy base and want a protective screen or to punish an enemy team holding inside their base.

#3 GeoSynchronicity

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:06 AM

thanks! things have sure changed since I last played the game

#4 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

View PostGeoSynchronicity, on 04 October 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

thanks! things have sure changed since I last played the game

Depending upon how long ago that's been... yes. A lot of things have changed over the past few months (since July being the big one with new tech).

Feel free to ask any other questions on the forums (as you probably already know). Plenty of people normally around to help out.

#5 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

I'm pretty sure you OWN drop ship can shoot you too. It is trying to shoot the enemy, and either they cross into your path, or you cross the laser and can get hit.

It's a very viable tactic to use enemy mechs as cover too, Better to get shot by one guy than 5!

#6 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

So Jammer only works on the base and if you are in it?

#7 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 05 October 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure you OWN drop ship can shoot you too.

Only if I'm the pilot.....

#8 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 05 October 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

So Jammer only works on the base and if you are in it?

Yes. It only has so much range from the tower itself, so you have to be within that range for it to be effective. For the most part, that's inside your base and maybe a little area outside it. Otherwise, you'll be too far away from it to have that benefit.

I've seen many people power the Jamer Tower first, to no actual benefit for the team. The first tower you probably should be powering is radar, so you know where the enemy is. I've had many times where that radar tower let my team know where the enemy was, and exactly the information that they were split and we could push in a spot and wipe half their team out quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users