event

16 replies to this topic

#1 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Yes, I know... probably, as soon as I post this, many people would laugh at me saying this is nothing but a bad player complaining about something senseless... but...

My stas are this: +4000 matchs... NOT even ONE head shot. NEVER have I been able to get it. And now u bring up an event which consists on doing it. Just to make us feel more frustrated about it?

As I told before... the game must be full of players who can make a head shot whenever they want. Lucky you, guys. But I am sure there are many others like me, who would probably pass on it. (I think I could only have a chance if I'm lucky enough to find a guy disconnected...)

#2 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

this entire mechtober event or whatever events started since the website was offline - its basically annoying crap interfering with gameplay.
i personally dont give a **** (ok lets spell out smoking hot heap o dung) about the event. i started farming headshot-happy people.

Edited by Lolo van Trollinger, 08 October 2017 - 12:59 PM.

#3 HolyTerra

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

And the event appears to be broken. I absolutely got a headshot last round (stationary target, no damage anywhere, alpha strike to the face, BOOM dead) but the event has not triggered that I earned it. I can even see that the Achievement counter increased - but no go on the event counter.

So it is broken/bugged anyway.

#4 Bastionk

• Pip
  • Sergeant II
  • Sergeant II
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

I gotta second the OP's sentiments. I have over 7k games according to my stats on my profile. I have 4 headshot kills since the achievement system was implemented.

I don't try for headshots, but you'd think I'd accidentally have more headshots than that considering the number of games played.

Fortunately, PGI will be able to get a really good idea of just how hard heardshots are to get, since I'm sure some people will actually try to get them for the event. That statement is not me asking for headshots to be easier, I think it's fine that it's hard to get them.

Edited by Bastionk, 08 October 2017 - 05:32 PM.

#5 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:28 AM

I second that the inclusion of headshots into mechtoberfest's goals is absolute nonsense. It interferes with normal gameplay in an unhealthy way such as that countless useless builds are driven around the battlefield packing abundant amounts of flamers with the only goal of shutting down an opponent in order to score a headshot. O N E single headshot.

I did not try for headshots, I only enjoyed shooting the backs of those sitting ducks in front of their shut down opponents aligning for the cockpit. Yet, when I went to bed yesterday, i somehow scored a headshot. I don't know where or when, but it did happen. Call it Karma.

#6 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Do I understand correctly that people are upset over a 1 day challenge worth 500,000 c-bills because they struggle with completing the task?

#7 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 09 October 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Do I understand correctly that people are upset over a 1 day challenge worth 500,000 c-bills because they struggle with completing the task?

As per usual procedure, sir .

:(

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Replace "1 headshot" with :
- Do X damage to head armor (so you can crawl your way to X damage over multiple games)
- Damage the internal structure of a head component once.
- Kill a mech while it is shut down by overheat (same event really, but without the headshot requirement)
- Kill a mech with X weapon
- Destroy X legs, X arms, X side torsos, whatever you want except the head...
- "Do a headshot OR receive a headshot" (so enemy aimbots can benefit you too, and twice more players can complete the event)

It took me one minute to come up with 6 events that are downright better then that headshot requirement, so I wish someone had took 10 seconds of his own time to come up with a better requirement for that failed aimbot event.

Only one compensation requested to make up for it : never again.

#9 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 09 October 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

I for one was upset because it brought out the absolute worst in many people.

#10 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 10 October 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

I for one was upset because it brought out the absolute worst in many people.

So you are mad that people are playing in a way that you don't like?

#11 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

A little extra just for fun. I don't know why people can be bothered with that ?

Do you think i will try to do it ? Not directly... but i will shoot more on head vicinity than in the belly today.

Chance to get it ? low...

Do i will be sad to not get it ? no

So no problems...it"s not a big prize anyway but if it was a battlemech and a mechbay i would try a lot more but i would not be angry to fail, it's just a game you know !

#12 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:35 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 10 October 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

So you are mad that people are playing in a way that you don't like?

Yes, absolutely. Namely, in a way that encourages everything that is normally scorned when regularly playing MWO. Only in events this kind of behaviour gets reinforced by PGI. If only there was another way to opt in to those events instead of quitting to play altogether.

Yesterday's challenge was much better in that it encouraged aggressive gameplay in order to achieve kills rather than sitting in front of a flamer-shut-down mech, salivating over their soon-to-be-achieved headshot wihile completely ignoring the lasers that peeled away their rear armor point by point. Very good teamplay, indeed.

YMMV of course and judging from your posts, I guess it does/did.

#13 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 11 October 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

Yes, absolutely. Namely, in a way that encourages everything that is normally scorned when regularly playing MWO. Only in events this kind of behaviour gets reinforced by PGI. If only there was another way to opt in to those events instead of quitting to play altogether.

Yesterday's challenge was much better in that it encouraged aggressive gameplay in order to achieve kills rather than sitting in front of a flamer-shut-down mech, salivating over their soon-to-be-achieved headshot wihile completely ignoring the lasers that peeled away their rear armor point by point. Very good teamplay, indeed.

YMMV of course and judging from your posts, I guess it does/did.

People do stupid things, but giving them a questionable objective on Monday is hardly anything to blow up over. I didn't care about getting a head shot so I just simply adjusted my play for a day and remained calm. That's how it went for me.

#14 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

I did not care about getting head-shot and gettting a headshot either, I just disliked how the gameplay changed - for the worse IMHO.

#15 Syn Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

i really enjoyed it. i was killing stupid headshoters most of the time. gameplay was through the gutters, but nothing 6x6 SRMs to the rear cant fix.

#16 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:06 PM

Hey hey.

Yeah I think there should be a Title for 100 HS. Even tho it would only be something basic like "headshot Machine".

What about implimenting one PGI? :)

Regads,
C & C

#17 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 20 November 2018 - 11:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users