Stealth Armour Commando...?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:51 PM

I saw b33f use one once and while it seems like a terrible idea, it at least seems like an amusing terrible idea. Current thoughts are something like this COM-2D
Toyed with the idea of putting a larger LFE in it and adding a small laser to that left arm.
Should I bother?

#2 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:19 AM

This is my COM-2D.

Sod the armour, this little beast has stealth and anchor turn nodes.

Generally there are 2 types of COM-2D's.
Type A brings a bunch of SRM2s or Streaks to run around at 270m and go pewpewpew with.
Type B brings a lot of tubes and 'jousts' with the enemy, since SRMs don't spread under 50m.

The first one is a safe and reliable pest, the latter can knock an arm off an Arctic Cheetah in two hits and three shot a MadCat from the back. Both are great fun to run around in.

#3 Rabid Turtle

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:32 AM

That little stealth armored monster has been the last mech standing in quite a few matches. It's hard to bring down when used in the right hands. It usually takes at least one frustrated mech with it before it goes down swinging. I have to respect anyone that can pilot the Commando and the Locust effectively because I get carsick just spectating them. :)

Edited by Stevenson Ellis, 07 October 2017 - 03:33 AM.

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:09 AM

Only use stealth armor for Narc, MG stealth mechs that can do its duties without turning it off. ECM is sufficient to get from point A to point B, and with any other weapon systems you're going to kill yourself with heat before you kill your target. Also, don't approach an enemy mech from the front, one of the dumbest moves I see is people thinking it makes them invisible and run across enemies in full view, only to get alpha-ed and instakilled.

Edited by Nightbird, 07 October 2017 - 06:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users