Mwowc Wolfhound 2 Builds.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Rabid Turtle

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

I have been watching the playoffs with great interest. I have been impressed with the play of the Wolfhounds. Does anyone know what builds they were using?

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

ERML or MPL.

Max survival tree usually and then firepower/ops mixture.

Most will have dual strike and coolshot as well.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 10 October 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#3 Rabid Turtle

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Thanks very much. Do you know if they are running XL or Light engines?

I bought the WLF-2 and hate to mess up by getting the wrong engine and wasting so many cbills.

I've been running the Arctic Cheetah builds I saw in the MWOWC and love them. I'd never thought it would be ok without ecm. Yeah... I went all "fanboy".

Edited by Stevenson Ellis, 10 October 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

XL engine for medium pulse lasers, very good at countering all other lights and also very good at putting damage right where you want it and killing quickly. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f52bbb05cd34abe

LFE engine if you're going for ERML, very tanky and it can put out damage throughout the match from decent range for poking. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4d73e1f530e43f3

Engine's down to preference just as long as you're going fast you can pick between that extra heatsink or those extra couple KPH. You'd have to look at the WC and see exactly how fast each Wolfhound was moving if they show it, even then speed tweak could be an option they brought, though its unlikely, as survival, firepower, and operations take up the majority of their skill tree and they might go for consumables too, no room for mobility skills.

#5 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostStevenson Ellis, on 10 October 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Thanks very much. Do you know if they are running XL or Light engines?

I bought the WLF-2 and hate to mess up by getting the wrong engine and wasting so many cbills.

I've been running the Arctic Cheetah builds I saw in the MWOWC and love them. I'd never thought it would be ok without ecm. Yeah... I went all "fanboy".

XL for the most part. Dak gave you the good base.

You can also XL the ERML one LIKE SO and it's quite devastating being that fast. Take out a DHS if you want a TC1.

A couple of options, depends on what you're doing.

#6 Rabid Turtle

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Thank you Dakota and A S H. I'm kind of freaked about losing one torso with an XL and dying instantly. I will probably give in to my OCD and save up for the Light engine. I've become accustomed to the ACH speed and both of those 280 builds will be in my comfort zone, speedwise.

Edited by Stevenson Ellis, 10 October 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

The key mistake light pilots make - Stare-factor and standing still. Don't start are your target and do not stand still - constantly twist if you are not shooting, spread that damage and use the terrain.

We were running a 5-6 man of ASN-21s yesty in GroupQ, didn't lose a game even though we were dropping 200T light (pretty sure most of my games were 700dmg+) - it's all about spreading damage and keeping bigger mechs busy. Due to the huge mobilty nerfs to Assaults, a light mech now is a big problem and cannot be ignored which means you're pulling a lot of firepower off the field if they have to deal with you.

If you're twisting like a champ I wouldn't worry too much about IS XL in that instance. Especially not in lower tiers, people can't aim to save themselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users