- - - - -

So, How Do I Become A Loyalist, And A Couple Other Questions.

9 replies to this topic

#1 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

Topic question for first question. I think I just go to the "choose sides" screen, select clan, then I can join Smoke Jaguar?

Second, what mad dogs do you guys like?

Third, do any of you drop with mainly a clan brawling deck or many brawlers? I'd like to put a couple in the deck, but I'm wondering if they might not be as effective as the mid range stuff I usually drop with.

Thanks.

#2 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

Don't go loyalist from the start, become a merc first (you can merc for CSJ as well) and reach merc reputation level 3 for to get 2 mechbays easy. Then go loyalist if you want, another 2 easy mechbays wait there.

Dunno about that "choose side" thing, I went to career select, selected merc (options are freelancer, mercenery, loyalist), then took the contract I wanted.

#3 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

I've merc dropped for lots of events. Well, several events. Faction loyalty is part of the upcoming event.

Edited by Its my first day, 12 October 2017 - 05:29 AM.

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

View PostIts my first day, on 12 October 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

Topic question for first question. I think I just go to the "choose sides" screen, select clan, then I can join Smoke Jaguar?

You choose career first (Loyalist) then the side you are on. Notice that you have a 10 drops probation period before you gain most of the benefits. So I don't know if this might be a good idea at all.

Non realy. The SRM Maddog with its 6 SRMs still can do things but the rest is meh.

Third, do any of you drop with mainly a clan brawling deck or many brawlers? I'd like to put a couple in the deck, but I'm wondering if they might not be as effective as the mid range stuff I usually drop with.

Thanks.

As loyalist or merc you work for a side. That means you only have IS or Clan mechs.
On Clan Mechs it is the laservomit that rules suppreme at the moment.
Its either 2 HLLaser+ 4to 6ERMlaser or a number of ERLLaser.

Before considering faction warfare you should join a unit or be member of a team that drops together frequently otherwise your chances of success in FP are quite dismal.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

As Omnimechs, each Mad Dog configuration (variant is a poor name considering the lore) is... kinda the same. Quirks and the set of 8 quirks might be worth considering... otherwise just pay attention to the CT. If it has a weapon or fixed equipment (like a jump jet) that the others don't have, then that's almost literally the only thing unique about it versus the others.

Edited by Koniving, 12 October 2017 - 05:36 AM.

#6 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the replies. I don't think there should be problems, I've been playing for for a bit now, I just posted this in newbie section since it seemed like it might be a newbie-ish question.

I've seen the career selection page, so I'll do it that way. I'm curious, though, about what happens when you click on "factions", click a faction, and select "choose side". Does that also declare loyalty?

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

You will get final confirmation where I recall the window will have checkbox to pledge loyalty. So it's one step further from that "choose side".

#8 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Yeah, it goes "choose career" and if you pick loyalist you're taken to the "choose sides" screen, then you pick the house or subfaction. So its just a bit different ways of getting to the same place.

#9 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:51 PM

I advocate spending the first ten matches in scouting to burn through the ten match LP delay fastest.

~Leone.

#10 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

I would, but I'm not much at light brawling, which I think scouting pretty much is, so I'd just drag down any team I was on. I'm OK on money, and I'm getting some MC stuff, so its not a big deal I wont be getting cbills for 10 matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users