Event Browser Won't Load

events event tournaments

5 replies to this topic

#1 Snapt Gleipnir

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

So, after several 5-10 minute long attempts with interspersed re-logins, quick-play games, and general finger-crossing, my events browser is still hung up with 3 blank drop-down arrows. I've finished today's challenge, but I can't collect.

Is this a known bug? If so, is there any work-around that I can do to get things to display?

Thanks a tonne
-- Qib

#2 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

View PostConstableQib, on 11 October 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

So, after several 5-10 minute long attempts with interspersed re-logins, quick-play games, and general finger-crossing, my events browser is still hung up with 3 blank drop-down arrows. I've finished today's challenge, but I can't collect.

Is this a known bug? If so, is there any work-around that I can do to get things to display?

Thanks a tonne
-- Qib

It seems to be a completely known bug... but those of us that experience it have no way of knowing how or when it will be fixed. Contact tech support early and often... but, prepare to be ignored.

#3 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:28 AM

Are you accessing it from the Home tab or from the FW tab?
If I go to the browser from Home it works. From the FW tab, I get a blank also

#4 Blamokapow

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

My event browse has never worked,I'm not able to claim any rewards that the website says I've earned.

Yay, my event browser works in faction play

#5 Snapt Gleipnir

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Excellent! Accessing Events from within Faction Play worked wonderfully for me. I wonder what the deal is? The problem may not be solved, but I think we can safely say there is a temporary working solution in switching to the FP screen... [Solved]?

#6 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostConstableQib, on 12 October 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Excellent! Accessing Events from within Faction Play worked wonderfully for me. I wonder what the deal is? The problem may not be solved, but I think we can safely say there is a temporary working solution in switching to the FP screen... [Solved]?

I'm not sure exactly what you folks are experiencing, but it sounds like things are finally starting to get properly referenced... Here is my take on things. I live in Alaska, and we don't have the greatest internet connections known to man. To help that out, I am playing on a laptop. So, yes, I had no idea what was going on with the Events Tab for a long time. Once I started reading the forums, some folks seemed to have figured out that switching to the Faction Play Tab and then accessing the Events Tab worked... and yes, it seems to have worked for some of us out on the 'internet frontier' (sorry, couldn't resist). I have noticed that when accessing the Faction Play tab, my Frames per Second stabilizes into something that is only cautionary (20's to 30's) and not 'dangerous' (below 20, which seems to be my norm when in QP or in what I would call my 'lobby').

So, perhaps framerate is the real issue? I don't know this, i just offer it based on limited experience. And I am interested in finding out what others have noted... because I don't think the patch fixed the issue. But it might have helped, somehow.

Edited by Lithology, 20 October 2017 - 04:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users