- - - - -

Are There Images That Show Exact Pinpoint Locations For The Start And End Of Mech Parts?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Termin8rSmurf

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

I mean, where, precisely, does each part of a mech end? Is there a set of images that show what part is a mech's left/right/centre torso, or the point at which a centre torso becomes the head?

The reason I ask, is simply because I was piloting an assault mech, and got one shot killed, by an er large laser from what seemed like miles away, with zero damage to any other part of the mech, but dead nonetheless. How does that even happen? Was my mech's head as big an airport terminal? Was the enemy sharpshooter really that accurate? Or was he cheating?

The only way to know what sort of shot it was, is for me to deter mine what area he had to shoot at, so I'd like images showing the actual borderline of each part.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:31 AM

https://mwomercs.com...x-localization/

The thread linked is the closest you will get atm, last updated July 29, 2017.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 01 October 2017 - 05:32 AM.

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Are you building one?

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostTermin8rSmurf, on 01 October 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

The reason I ask, is simply because I was piloting an assault mech, and got one shot killed, by an er large laser from what seemed like miles away, with zero damage to any other part of the mech, but dead nonetheless. How does that even happen? Was my mech's head as big an airport terminal? Was the enemy sharpshooter really that accurate? Or was he cheating?

Share your mech's build... and I can help you figure that out.
And were you playing in faction play?
I've noticed that the Clans are using meta builds of up to 100 damage per blast, with targeting computers to reduce the beam time in addition to laser duration reductions in the skill tree.

I've had mechs of nearly 200 points of front armor ripped through in one to two blasts (yep, an Annihilator with maxed armor/structure).

#5 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Yes there are pilots that accurate. If you were standing completely still, that would've give the laser time to burn through your armour, as assaults are slow to start moving. Classically, if you wanna hold a position, you'll often wanna jockey back an forth to keep the mech moving, to remind yourself that standing still is an invitation to defeat, and because I'm completely ADHD and it helps pacify my burning need to be doing something at all times.

~Leone.

#6 Rabid Turtle

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:32 AM

It could've been a dual gauss shot to the cockpit but you only saw the laser. It could also have been a lucky shot for them and unlucky for you. If you see a mech with "Guillotine" by his/her name (prtN_spz for example) yeah, he/she is that accurate.

Edited for what might be considered a misogynistic use of "he". I'm not about all that.

Edited by Stevenson Ellis, 02 October 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#7 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:47 AM

Lucky shots happen, I've fired ac20 rounds in the general direction of oncoming mechs and caught a headshot as one crested a hill. That's partly how I got my title :)

There are also pilots that dedicate time to learning the head locations of mechs, and when your dealing 70 odd damage over a 1 second duration, practice will let you get enough of that onto a target that is moving predictably.

Edited by Asmosis, 12 October 2017 - 03:48 AM.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

if the end of match screen said you were only hit by ER Large Laser what most likely happened is you were hit by multiple ER Large Lasers, if the enemy fires a volly of 15 ER Large lasers your death screen will only show damaged by ER Large Laser.

Depending on the Mech the head varies widely in size, for example the "head" of the atlas is the left eye, for the Kodiak it is the mouth, for some other assualts it is the center pane of glass in the cockpit window, tell us the Mech and we can point out the head

in many cases the head is very small but if you have a few seconds to line up the shot it is easy to get the headshot. If you go on testing grounds it is easy to just hit the "head" on the non moving target Mechs with no splash damage, however doing that in combat assuming the enemy is paying attention is far from easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users