#1 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

From the patch notes:

"The Dragon and the Jaguar (Example Conflict)
The forces of Clan Smoke Jaguar and House Kurita engage in a Special Conflict over vital border territories. In this example, this Conflict can only be participated in by Smoke Jaguar and Kuritan forces and runs at the same time as the ongoing Inner Sphere/Clan Conflict. This example Conflict would be comprised of a series of unique Objectives, which can be either global (attainable by players of either Faction), Faction-specific (attainable only by one of the two participating Factions), or career-specific (attainable only by Loyalists or Mercenaries) on an individual Objective basis."

So....if I am reading this right..

1. All the Loyalists of the 2 factions can play and get rewards
2. All Mercs can join either kurita or CSJ and get rewards....I assume they could join mid-conflict if they aren't initially contracted to either side. Just would have less time to complete the challenges. In fact Mercs (alone) can participate and gain rewards from each and every special event.
3 All the Loyalists of all other factions have a 7 day cool down, plus a penalty to leavd so they can't participate or get any rewards from this conflict.

Seems fair....(sarcasm)

#2 Meaphet

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

That's exactly what we need, more incentive to play Merc...

#3 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 19 September 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

From the patch notes:

"The Dragon and the Jaguar (Example Conflict)
The forces of Clan Smoke Jaguar and House Kurita engage in a Special Conflict over vital border territories. In this example, this Conflict can only be participated in by Smoke Jaguar and Kuritan forces and runs at the same time as the ongoing Inner Sphere/Clan Conflict. This example Conflict would be comprised of a series of unique Objectives, which can be either global (attainable by players of either Faction), Faction-specific (attainable only by one of the two participating Factions), or career-specific (attainable only by Loyalists or Mercenaries) on an individual Objective basis."

2. All Mercs can join either kurita or CSJ and get rewards....I assume they could join mid-conflict if they aren't initially contracted to either side. Just would have less time to complete the challenges. In fact Mercs (alone) can participate and gain rewards from each and every special event.
3 All the Loyalists of all other factions have a 7 day cool down, plus a penalty to leavd so they can't participate or get any rewards from this conflict.

Seems fair....(sarcasm)

Hard to understand how any of this works under the 1 buckit system.
1. Part of the reason for the event system was to make up for the Loyalty penalty.
2. If mercs are allowed to participate, than faction stacking will still be even worse.
3. Events probably won't run 7 days. More likely 1-3 days.

View PostMeaphet, on 19 September 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

That's exactly what we need, more incentive to play Merc...

Hey look, another +50 Clan merc contract

Posted Image

PGI still hasn't fixed the contract system.

#4 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostFallingAce, on 19 September 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hard to understand how any of this works under the 1 buckit system.
1. Part of the reason for the event system was to make up for the Loyalty penalty.
2. If mercs are allowed to participate, than faction stacking will still be even worse.
3. Events probably won't run 7 days. More likely 1-3 days.

If you look at the screenshot on the patch notes this event is listed with 6 days 15 hrs to run. Now, it is a sample...so it obviously could be different for different events. Even if you made it 3 days over weekends, Merc units would figure that out and get their renewal dates over to Friday night to be able to participate. Mercs are smart that way...lol

Honestly, I don't know if you could really run the special event without Mercs at this point. I would be totally ok for it to be loyalists only....but in their sample who would be there to fight? Coma is a strong kurita unit. 07 and Templars were carrying the ball for CSJ loyalists last season...but 07 (my unit) and T have left...and other loyalist units aren't as active as they used to be. Could it be viable loyalists only....I doubt it

However, making this even more of a reason to go and stay Merc seems ill-conceived. Maybe, they need to make all loyalists eligible to play these for the Merc level rewards....call it "merc and other factions" or something. Just to make it most special for the loyalists of the 2 warring parties, but allowing everyone to have some participation. Idk. I loved this idea initially....and I want to be excited about this...just am now even more concerned about how they are going to implement.

#5 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:38 PM

They arent interested in keeping loyalists playing. Mercs buy both techtype mechpacks, so apparently their the only people pgi gives a **** about.

#6 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

View Postnaterist, on 19 September 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

They arent interested in keeping loyalists playing. Mercs buy both techtype mechpacks, so apparently their the only people pgi gives a **** about.

Welcome to the darkside, its not about mercs though, just selling mech packs to keep the lights on while the bulk of cash goes to mw5 development.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 19 September 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#7 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:18 PM

How far i mustve fallen if carl and i are on the same goddamned side for once.
Pgis ******** really is amazing crap if it can bring us together for once.

Edited by naterist, 19 September 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#8 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

View Postnaterist, on 19 September 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

How far i mustve fallen if carl and i are on the same goddamned side for once.
Pgis ******** really is amazing crap if it can bring us together for once.

Nah, you were new, bright eyed, bushy tailed and full of ideas, just like the rest of us when we started playing this game, then reality sets in. Always take a while for the penny to drop but once it does, its all over lol

Now you are well on your way to becoming a seasoned veteran with PGI.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 19 September 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#9 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, it's complete BS.

Improve Faction Warfare by hosting events to which the majority of the population can't play.

Score, PGI. Real smooth.

Edited by Commander A9, 19 September 2017 - 03:46 PM.

#10 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

I find it funny that PGI are trying to segment an already low population into battles between a couple of factions. Other than Coma does anyone else know of any active Kurita units able to field 12 mans?

PGI is possibly trying to reply on mercs to swap to Kurita and hold the line.

I suspect this is going to fall down in a heap.

#11 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

I'm more amused by the fact that the first special event is a quickly event. It's only been a year that the loyalist gave been waiting for a faction warfare loyalist event.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 19 September 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

Seems fair....(sarcasm)

Correct. That example provided, if it comes to fruition - will not work within the current state of Faction Play

It just won't. If Mercs stack whatever side for the event and then just play the event (logically, that's what will happen) then the queue's will massively die off for every other bloody player that isn't in one of the two houses.

Queue / wait times will go up and Faction Play will become even less attractive than it is now.

The shortsightedness of this is absolutely bemuses me. I've done more ghost drops in the last 2-3 weeks (as IS and Clan) than I have this year... Population is dead, absolutely dead.

This is not what is needed to fix Faction Play. In fact, this will make the user experience diminish further.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 19 September 2017 - 05:09 PM.

#13 Kill Chain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

I was really hoping to see some contract bonus fixes today.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

PGI are yet to even acknowledge it as an issue.

Despite multiple people telling them, for a long time.

#15 Kill Chain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 September 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

PGI are yet to even acknowledge it as an issue.

Despite multiple people telling them, for a long time.

They need to do something about it posthaste.

#16 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

They won't.

Faction Warfare makes them no money.

Would you like to buy a mechpack?

#17 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

Im pissed because this was supposed to be the 1 fckin thing that loyalists could do/have that mercs didnt, and what do they do? They open it up to all the mercs, BUT TO COMPOUND UPON THAT ****, loyalists whos factions arent involved dont get to be in the fight.

So not only was this not the loyalist events that were promised, but their going in the exact opposite direction. All mercs are allowed in if they switch in time, and loyalists are shafted from about 92% of possible events.

Gg pgi, now not only are there no good reasons to be a loyalist, but you are now seriously missing out on **** for being a loyalist. Thats a slap in the face to every loyalist if i ever saw one.

Edited by naterist, 19 September 2017 - 09:29 PM.

#18 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 19 September 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Nah, you were new, bright eyed, bushy tailed and full of ideas, just like the rest of us when we started playing this game, then reality sets in. Always take a while for the penny to drop but once it does, its all over lol

Now you are well on your way to becoming a seasoned veteran with PGI.

Seasoned Sea NaCl Salt powered veteran.

View PostCarl Vickers, on 19 September 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

I find it funny that PGI are trying to segment an already low population into battles between a couple of factions. Other than Coma does anyone else know of any active Kurita units able to field 12 mans?

PGI is possibly trying to reply on mercs to swap to Kurita and hold the line.

I suspect this is going to fall down in a heap.

Well, currently, I'm just a casual scrub that refuses to play Faction Play unless there are significant bribes (which ironically I have no time for).

I'm sure someone else will try or something... though nothing has been the same since the War of the Long Tom.

#19 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

View Postnaterist, on 19 September 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Im pissed because this was supposed to be the 1 fckin thing that loyalists could do/have that mercs didnt, and what do they do? They open it up to all the mercs, BUT TO COMPOUND UPON THAT ****, loyalists whos factions arent involved dont get to be in the fight.

So not only was this not the loyalist events that were promised, but their going in the exact opposite direction. All mercs are allowed in if they switch in time, and loyalists are shafted from about 92% of possible events.

Gg pgi, now not only are there no good reasons to be a loyalist, but you are now seriously missing out on **** for being a loyalist. Thats a slap in the face to every loyalist if i ever saw one.

It was never going to be just loyalists.

There isn't the population to support it. Mercs were always going to be included.

#20 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 September 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

It was never going to be just loyalists.

There isn't the population to support it. Mercs were always going to be included.

Guess next contract well just follow the herd. Id rather do that then waste another year of my life playing a mode were im doomed to lose because of pgi's oversights. Add another minute to your average que times everyone, the ghost drops get more often from here out i guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users