In This Parallel Universe, Is Got Buffed.

43 replies to this topic

#1 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

What if in a Parallel Universe, IS weopons got buffed to make them more competitive to Clan Equipment. Lets say damage was increased for lasers and and weight and crit slits were lower for nearly everything.
In this world, these things would happen.
Is medium and ER Lasers would have their damage increased to 5.5
Large lasers and ER would now be 10 damage and weight 4 tons
Large Pulse Lasers would be 12 damage, weight 5 tons.

Ballistic damage would stay the same but everything would get lowered but 1 ton and 1 crit slot.

Xl Engines would survive a side torso loss but, you would move at 50% speed and have 50% heat penalty.

PPC damage stay the same but weight would be lowered buy 1 ton for all IS PPC's, crit slots stay the same.

Clans still be stronger in nearly every way but now IS Assults can boat Ballistic better
Is weapons would now be able to compete. CLANS would now cry about the Large Pulse Lasers again.
This would never happen but would be nice to see what would happened if this was done on a test server or something. Sorry but if they want to keep trying to make Clan VS IS Bull#$@t then something thing needs to happen instead of this Quirk Bandages. My 5Cents, and what I think could happen. Bruno.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

I'd sure call it a parallel universe, because it's not a BattleTech universe. =P

#3 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

View PostTarogato, on 12 October 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

I'd sure call it a parallel universe, because it's not a BattleTech universe. =P

Lol.

As there are many infinite universes probably where we got the right everything, or the wrong everything, or maybe even someone completely different making the game in a completely different way .A.

#4 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

The closest thing to a parallel universe where IS is more competitive than Clan, is before the Clan Invasion.

#5 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Yes its not the battle tech Universe. Sadly, but IS weopons are heavy and take up alot of space. I don't know what else you could do. With out changing Ghost heat numbers.

#6 Trissila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 12 October 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yes its not the battle tech Universe. Sadly, but IS weopons are heavy and take up alot of space. I don't know what else you could do. With out changing Ghost heat numbers.

You either throw TT numbers out entirely and start over with new ones.

Or you accept a TT basis and implement a Battle Value style system whereby Clan 'mechs cost more to field than IS 'mechs so IS has a number-of-units advantage.

You can't use roughly TT numbers and then throw out the system by which TT (attempted to) balanced those numbers.

#7 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

If IS is weaker then Clan, then you can't tell me it's impossible to balance the game when you can give all clan lasers a burn duration of 3.4 hours, give all Clan missiles a volley delay (launch duration) of 7 minutes, and all Clan ballistics 740,000 times the shells per volley (with an interval of 6 seconds per shell). Oh, and I guess cERPPC can have a velocity of 2.36 m/s. Clans would be unplayable right? Good. So it's possible to meet in the middle and arrive at a balanced game. =]

#8 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

This is not TT, this is MWO. Anything PGI deem too strong, they will change if they feel like it. Even if its against Lore, TT rules or making IS Competitive or nerfing IS that are doing well atm. Like I brought an Assassin last Month, I probly shouldn't have.

#9 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 12 October 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Like I brought an Assassin last Month, I probly shouldn't have.

Head>wall; repeat.

#10 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostTarogato, on 12 October 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

That's exactely what I wanted to say.

Battletech is an asymmetrically designed universe.
MWO has put the two sides already WAY too close to each other.
Of course it has to be balanced (onesidedness only makes things boring in the end), but fundamentally asymmetrical factions have to be balanced asymmetrically.
Otherwise, you're just creating another game. I wouldn't even mind one where ballistics don't suck so hard (speaking of TT rules) and Mechs don't mostly look like japanese toy robots that can fly.

Edited by Paigan, 13 October 2017 - 01:22 AM.

#11 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:23 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 12 October 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

What if in a Parallel Universe...

The IS had the more powerful, better range, lighter equipment:

Would those clan loyalists still be loyal for 'lore' reasons?

#12 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

i can only imagine a parallel universe where FW is only 10-15 minutes long

#13 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 12 October 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

I´d be driving my 2ERPPC Summoner and 4ERPPC Warhawk all day .
Not like they are apex-meta anyway .

You IS guys ... you love to see yourselves in the role of the victims, instead of using what you all can easily acquire and I´m not talking LRMs here .

Yes, your equipment is heavier, but you can truly "Omni" ALL of your mechs .
Yes, on some mechs you lack a tiny bit of range, try range-quirked ones which you still have en masse .
Yes, on average your mechs are slower, but they can take so much more of a beating before finally falling .
Yes, clan mechs can have big alphas, but so can IS mechs ... and they can use those longer (3 ERL/LL/LPL before GH anybody?)

All in all I´m seeing too much QQ, and not enough PewPew, you IS guys got the gear, you just can´t use it like clangear, what´s so hard to understand there ?

Now set your heads straight, unbunch those GStrings of yours and GET TO FRIGGING WORK, it´s so damn tiresome reading all this victimrole drivel, you´re being in that spot because you don´t wanna play to the mech´s strengths, not because your mechs lack strength .

Bah, pffffff & yuck

#14 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

I wish there was a parallel universe than never moved past 3025

#15 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:52 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 12 October 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

Yes because if we followed the Lore CGB would merge with those pesky space vikings and get the best of both worlds.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 13 October 2017 - 01:52 AM.

#16 Asmerak

• PipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

View PostB0oN, on 12 October 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

I´d be driving my 2ERPPC Summoner and 4ERPPC Warhawk all day .
Not like they are apex-meta anyway .

You IS guys ... you love to see yourselves in the role of the victims, instead of using what you all can easily acquire and I´m not talking LRMs here .

Yes, your equipment is heavier, but you can truly "Omni" ALL of your mechs .
Yes, on some mechs you lack a tiny bit of range, try range-quirked ones which you still have en masse .
Yes, on average your mechs are slower, but they can take so much more of a beating before finally falling .
Yes, clan mechs can have big alphas, but so can IS mechs ... and they can use those longer (3 ERL/LL/LPL before GH anybody?)

All in all I´m seeing too much QQ, and not enough PewPew, you IS guys got the gear, you just can´t use it like clangear, what´s so hard to understand there ?

Now set your heads straight, unbunch those GStrings of yours and GET TO FRIGGING WORK, it´s so damn tiresome reading all this victimrole drivel, you´re being in that spot because you don´t wanna play to the mech´s strengths, not because your mechs lack strength .

Bah, pffffff & yuck

You clearly have no idea of the game's current state, balance-wise, if you think IS mechs and Clan mechs are generally on par (especially after that bit about the PPC Summoner not being meta. I assume you didn't see the droves of them in the world championship?)

Look at the state of faction warfare, and the clan vs IS mechs fielded in the WC, and tell me things are even. Do you really mean to suggest that the people with the eyes to directly compare IS and Clan equipment/mechs and see the difference are just whiners?

Climb down off of that high horse. You don't belong on it.

#17 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:00 AM

View PostAsmerak, on 13 October 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

You clearly have no idea of the game's current state, balance-wise, if you think IS mechs and Clan mechs are generally on par (especially after that bit about the PPC Summoner not being meta. I assume you didn't see the droves of them in the world championship?)

15% pick rate in MWOWC 2017 Semi-Finals
71 Robots...over half being Wolfhounds

I'll run more detailed numbers for the Finals (assuming someone doesn't do it better before I get around to it)

Edited by Mcgral18, 13 October 2017 - 02:01 AM.

#18 Asmerak

• PipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:05 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 October 2017 - 02:00 AM, said:

15% pick rate in MWOWC 2017 Semi-Finals
71 Robots...over half being Wolfhounds

I'll run more detailed numbers for the Finals (assuming someone doesn't do it better before I get around to it)

Can you edit to clarify? Do you mean 15% Summoners, or 15% IS mechs? I haven't combed through to get a stat. IS from what I saw was almost entirely WLF-2s and ASN-21s.

#19 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:11 AM

View PostAsmerak, on 13 October 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

Can you edit to clarify? Do you mean 15% Summoners, or 15% IS mechs? I haven't combed through to get a stat. IS from what I saw was almost entirely WLF-2s and ASN-21s.

Posted Image

Technically, six chassis used

Of the 464 robots used in MWOWC2017, 71 were Spheroid
Or, 15% of the mechs used were Sphere (and half of Those being Wolfies)

Edited by Mcgral18, 13 October 2017 - 02:12 AM.

#20 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:12 AM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 12 October 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Like I brought an Assassin last Month, I probly shouldn't have.

The ASN-21 is a super strong Mech at the moment. If you have bad results with the Assassin it is not the problem of the Mech. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users