I Need Some Help Deciding What To Buy For A Alt Account.

4 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

<script></script>

What is wrong here?

Anyway, I'm looking into expanding this account. Not to mention the Annual Reward Eligibility always sucks me in.

OK, I have 3 Locusts, 1 Raven, 3 ShadowCats, 3 Roughnecks, 1 Linebacker, 6 Hellbringers and the one Battlemaster

So for Inter Spere, I have the Roughneck package. And I'm only looking to buy the basic package of 3 mechs which will also give me 30 days of PT.

* Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following: UrbanMech; Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops; Bushwacker; Assassin; Roughneck; Javelin; Hellspawn; Thanatos; Civil War-Uziel; Civil War-Annihilator; Civil War: Escalation - Osiris; Civil War: Escalation - Nightstar

I like the Archer, I call the ARC-5W the "Home Wrecker" and I have it loaded with SRMs.

I hate the Phoenix Hawk and Warhammer and I'm not thrilled with the Rifleman. So I'm thinking Assassin, the Javelin or Bushwacker and then the Cyclops even adding the CP-S 'SLEIPNIR' since you guys have been talking it up.

The Clan choices "seem simple"

** Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following Packs: Kodiak; Viper; Night Gyr; Huntsman; Linebacker; Marauder IIC; Supernova; Civil War-Cougar; Civil War-Mad Cat MKII; Civil War: Escalation - Arctic Wolf; Civil War: Escalation - Nova Cat; Now Including (Collector Pack) - Piranha

I'd say Piranha, Huntsman and the Supernova (which seems to be meta now) or the MadCat II.

Again, I have 3 Locusts, 1 Raven, 3 ShadowCats, 3 Roughnecks, 1 Linebacker, 6 Hellbringers and the one Battlemaster.

I know I'm not a good player and chances are, Tier 3 is my limit so I understand. I just can't afford to start spending money on my "free Clan account" unless they are great choices because otherwise, I'm fine with my 2 drop decks of 3 Hellbringers and a Shadowcat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 13 October 2017 - 04:55 AM.

#2 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:17 AM

if you're wanting to get the loyalty mechs, both IS and Clan
I'd suggest the $80 Mauler resistance II, lots of colors and some added premium time, and the mechs aren't a bad choice (Though I'm not a fan of the Black Knight) adding a second BattleMaster or a Banshee for a ranged deck

for the Clan since you're going (or thinking) Piranha, maybe add the Arctic Wolf . . would need a couple 85-90 tonners, but would make a sweet deck (2 Assaults/Medium/Light) could start with the Marauder IIC, and later when the Mad Cat II is available for C-Bills, a couple of those

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

I really dislike the large and old packages.

I want to get 30 days PT with each $20.00 basic set of mechs I buy. 30 days of PT is $12.00 so that is a better deal.

Plus, I want to know about the new mechs, which tend to be better mechs.

An error occurred
[color=#EEEEEE]

post_too_short

This is funking annoying.....

[/color][/center]

#4 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

OK Fair enough . . I would agree with the other packages, but not with the resistance II Package, a wolfhound sporting 6 ERMed, have you ever seen a crab rush or been in one ? okay Black knight with it's shooting from the hip mounts doesn't sound pretty, but it's a good side poker, and the Mauler . . tanky beast that can hurt others.
And the older packages like this one, I think you're getting 12000 MC worth of colors too

I think the Resistance II package is probably the best deal and the mechs one could consider in purchasing for IS, Good mechs and lots of goodies
/Sales pitch

Assassin would work, or the bushwacker , have both ,but they don't seem to be working out for me as well as I thought they would, but that could be a totally different story for you.

probably think which weight you need most for your dropdeck, and function . . Range, Brawl, and Base the search for those, if you're just going to QP with your Alt. . anything goes, grab your favorites

#5 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Well, the early adopter rewards are gone and I could care less about colors (the only color is CAMO)

And while buying all four of them will get me 60 days of PT, buying different 4 packages for the same amount will net me 120 days of PT. And the cost of the PT is one way I justify buying these.

With 6 Hellbringer and 3 ShadowCats, I do have what for me is a perfect FW deck. 3 Hellbringers and a Shadowcat is 240 tons.

But I have no lights except for locusts and no Assault.

Here is why I have the locusts.

30 days of PT is $12.00

Posted Image

A Locust Mastery package is $13.00. And you get 3 mechs (you can sell them for about $900,000 C-Bills), 3 Mech Bays and 30 days of PT.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users