Smarter Drop Pilots.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

something needs to be done about spawn camping. The easiest thing is to have the dropships change dropzones if enemy mechs are detected in the area. As is I just finished a match where all my mechs after the first one were being fired upon as soon as control was released. In incursion, if there are enemy mechs at the pickup point the dropship flies off why not let the delivery dropships do the same? better yet the dropship secures the landing zone by firing at enemy mechs in the DZ.

#2 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

Had the same some matches agon in a siege match against 9-man Tcaf. They pushed out, without even killing all of our first wave mechs and started camping our dropzones. (pretty sad to do so as a big team in my opinion).
But you actually can change the dropzone if you switch yourself to another lance. But this wont help too much since someone else will be spawncamped then. So I would make the dropships stronger and let them stay for longer. maybe with a system that slightly damages an enemy mech within 500m of the dropship, heavily damages him at under 300m and instant kills at a 150m radius around the dropship. (no matter what mech of course)

#3 Jonesy1103

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Like if the dropship did a "patrol loop" before it dropped mechs?

For example, comes in fast from the side of map as usual, but slows down 200m out, and cruises in firing energy weapons, doing a semi-circle around LZ before dropping mechs. Then, on its way out, it could follow the same route in reverse, laying a suppressing fire...

This would put a high "damage penalty" on anyone who wanted to spawncamp for easy kills, as there should be. A Leopard dropship acting as a battle cruiser packs a lotta heat; camping in dropzones should be riskier than it currently is.

Who has the Lore/ Battletech stats for weapons loadout on the dropship featured ingame?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Leopard

I added thejust added the link as a PS I didn't mean to as rhetorical questions. Its got some guns that's for sure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users