6 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

The tri island map is actually 3 maps, each covering an area of the island. From one point you can see into the other map sections but can't play on them unless it pops up in map rotation.

Northern areas. Rocky and dominated by a large mountain.
Southern area. Levels out towards the shore, flat more open. Lots of trees.
South Eastern Beach: Small city with destructible buildings. These would not cause the building models on other map to go piff, but would be part of the dynamics of this map.

#2 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

sadly, maps dont bring money, but mech packs do...

#3 Jonesy1103

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

Just a few ideas;

PGI COULD monetize maps with a purchase able Quick Play Extra Map Pack; and create 2 Quick Play queues, one for those with Original Maps and those who have bought Expanded Maps. The player base is big enough now yeah? Laugh at my idea now, see what happens.

I, personally, would love to see more maps. And I would pay MC (one off) to play on them. Like an expansion pack deal. So at first, while people are still deciding whether they REALLY like the game, there is regular Quick Play, and faction Play, academy, etc. Then later, buy the Expansion Pack, so you can have quick play on extra maps with new gamestyles , 12v12 or 6v6 option, single player XP grind missions, Noob College (quick play team vs bot scenario to help hone tactics etc) Sky's the limit here for us dreamers.

Maps I wanna see;
The three mentioned above
MW4 New Exford; Beach Fight, Backstab,
MW2 Mesa Desert, MW2 Mercs Crystal Desert.
MW4 Tharkad, Overlord

All modified to suit the MWO engine and gaming style of course.

We all want more maps, right team?

#4 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

Would definitely like to see some more maps.

Because it's a bit difficult to lock maps from rotation if you haven't purchased them, it may not quite work as a 'Map Pack'.

There might be some options as part of another deal though.
For example, you can only get the 'special' (S) mechs which come with a unique camo and the c-bill bonus by spending $$ on the mech pack. (I would suggest heroes but you can get those for MC)
What if these mechs had a bonus tied to specific maps and the purchase of them pushed funding towards map development?

To use Jonesy's suggestion for a Tharkad map. What if there was a new (S) mech added with a household guard camo scheme that gave massive c-bill, XP and/or LP bonuses when on that map (or a particular set of maps)?

Or what if one of the add ons that could be purchased gave you a different way to deploy into battle like a hot drop?
There are probably a few things that could be explored without altering mech performance and then sliding into P2W territory that would be appealing and that could be tied in thematically with a map or set of maps and therefore provide a funding avenue for the map development.

It's like saying: "This special mech is designed for desert warfare and you get a bonus for using it on the desert themed maps. In addition, purchasing this add on to the mech pack will specifically go to funding the development of a new desert map"
Could even be setup like stretch goals.

#5 Jonesy1103

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

Good, good, positive suggestions- I like it. Let's just never let up agitating for more maps and eventually PGI will be forced to listen, right?

Whaddawewant? MORE MAPS! Whennawewannem? WITHIN AN ACCEPTABLE TIMEFRAME!

And to clarify one of my suggestions I had envisaged;
1) buy MWO expansion/ map pack (and patch)
2) now see three choices on top: Faction Play, Quick Play (Classic), and introducing Quick Play (Expanded).
3) and also Academy (Classic) and Academy (Online) where you can train in pairs/ threes. (Like three lights attack an Atlas AI operates)
4) also random brawl which is Training Ground but instead of stationary mechs it's live, randomly spawned players like you and me. Just a mech smash, no XP, no mission, just mayhem, 24 on a map at any one time. You die, another spawns, you're out. Now thats a testing grounds!!!
More dreams to follow

#6 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:55 AM

The Mech for specific map idea is great, I like it. And if its really PGIs problem to get paid for maps, they could also (additionally to the first idea) offer a cockpit item/warhorn pack or something which is a little overpriced, but will directly contribute to new maps. A bit like a kickstarter Project for maps ^^

#7 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:22 AM

I would prefer paint, camo and decal than cockpit item... I have enough warhorn to equip all my mech. Maybe just a little program to do our own camo ? If we can do a special personnal camo for 4 battlemech for a certain amount of cash, would be great ! Assorted dropdeck !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users