Deserter Penalty Or No?

Faction Deserter

3 replies to this topic

#1 SirSpoony

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

Been looking around and I have not found the answer to this question in any of the very limited of posts concerning faction and faction contracts. Already looked at the patch notes. I am looking for explained answers and not links to info, given I probably already read through what you think will help. So if you have a link, you have no place replying to this post...ty

I currently am a MERC contracted under Diamond sharks....

1. I know there is a deserter penalty, but going from a Mercenary contract to choosing a permanent side; does the penalty still apply or does this deserter penalty only apply switching from Permanent Inner Sphere Loyalist to Clan Loyalist?

Thanks for your responses ahead of time!

Edited by RobotjoxKwonDo, 15 October 2017 - 02:28 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

I have never tried it, so I don't know.

#3 SirSpoony

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

I mean I can wait the 5 more days til it ends, it's just everyone I want to play with and streamers I help go on runs with are all opposite my contract....ugh wish we could still just pay CBills to end contracts....ridiculous now!

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

as far as I am aware Mercs can no longer break contracts, when teh system was initialy introduced you could pay a penalty to break a contract as a merc but I am pretty sure that was removed with an update more than a year ago when all merc contracts were made 1 week contracts (it used to be possible to take longer term contracts)

as Mercs can change sides once a week if you want to team up with others who are not in your unit ask them when their contract is up for renewal and renew yours for the same faction at that time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users