Certain Weapons As One Per Mech

4 replies to this topic

#1 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

The idea is that some weapons, for example with the actual support guns like TAG and narc, that you can only equip one in a mech at any one time, trying to save results in an error message etc.

But then extend that to some of the actual weapons, for example LRMs and Gauss (just examples, relax LRM and gauss lovers), the idea being that while these weapons are still considered a specific type (ballistic, energy, missile), that only one of those weapon systems can be equipped on any one mech at the same time.

Going further with this, this threshold could be determined or altered by mech size. Specifically for assault mech is what I was thinking, they would have that capacity doubled to 2 (or heavy to 2, assault to 4?).

It is just a thought on how the devs could pretty directly control boating, but also define certain weapons more specifically as "support" weapons or "heavy" weapons.

#2 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:30 AM

Not even the idea of limiting support weapons like tag, narc etc to 1 per mech is something people want?

I figured the 1 LRM per mech idea might get a few responses at least too, setting it to one could increase call for boosting them in ways, making them more like the AMS in practice, with everyone benefiting from them being massed in support like that. Meh, just a thought and a solitary bump.

#3 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

Thing is, if you mount multiple of one of those support "weapons", if you lose one component with one of them in it you will still have a backup. While I agree you should be discouraged from taking multiples of them, but outright restricting it is a bit to much.

#4 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

And the stock 'Mechs that canonically have more than one of whatever it is you are trying to limit?

#5 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostAthom83, on 30 October 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Thing is, if you mount multiple of one of those support "weapons", if you lose one component with one of them in it you will still have a backup. While I agree you should be discouraged from taking multiples of them, but outright restricting it is a bit to much.

That is fair, but not necessarily a point against the idea, as in should it be an option to take more or should it be specific to one, with some mechs having an advantage in certain harpoint locations for support weapons, for example, headslots for tag or narc.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 31 October 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

And the stock 'Mechs that canonically have more than one of whatever it is you are trying to limit?

Well that would be circumstantial, if it were done to LRMs for example, removing the extras and replacing them with one larger version, I see what you are getting at though, it would or could be a bit of a retroactive refitting nightmare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users