[Recruiting] Casual Players! Beginners Welcome!

General

16 replies to this topic

#1 SiN Kiddcrab

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKentares

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Hello everyone! My Name is Kiddcrab! I've been a member of the Mechwarrior Online Community for a good 2 and a half years now and love the game with a burning passion! It is for this reason that I look to help new players achieve in this game that which seems unreachable for them. Your personal goals are my personal interest. That Being said, let me tell you a few things about me, your Unit commander should you choose to join.

Our Unit is: The 501st Mercenary Outlanders

Tag: "501O" (501st Outlanders)

I am:

A college student with little free time. I love MechWarrior but I go through phases of on and off times. Some weeks I'll be on more than others.

I have a very very casual approach to the game.

--Do I yell at you for making a mistake when we're dropping together? Hell the **** no.

--Do I care about competitive play? Sometimes, I really don't like the responsibility of up keeping a competitive unit and having to schedule drop times and such.

--Do I force you to play on certain times of certain days of the week if you want to stay in the Unit? OOH HELL THE **** NO. Your time is your precious possession and im not one to say where you spend it.

-- End of about me section

------------------------------------------------
Now that you know your Commander, what do you expect from the unit? Let me tell you my goals so we can work together to achieve them.

I would like:

--a unit formed around the most layed back friendly and caring environment possible. We're here to enjoy the game, not turn it into an e-sport.

--a good community of trustworthy players who want to help contribute to the positive attitude and betterment of their unitmates.

--a bunch of good people who share the love of the game that I do and want to take it for what it is, a game, meant for fun.

-------------------------------------------------
Now that you know my goals, these are the positions I need filled by importance from top to bottom.

1. New recruits!!! I need friends :3

2. Experienced players who want to help me help the newcomers to the game.

------------------------------------------------
And finally, optional roles that can be filled if the unit is approached with the opportunity.

1. If anyone being experienced or inexperienced players that have a group of organized friends or other players looking for a unit to run under for Comp. play would grace us with taking our Tag into battle, I have a prerequisite role in the Unit called Tactical General and you may have that rank to command a competitive team separate from my casual Mercs. HOWEVER, I will need legitimate proof of your players' existence and confirmation from them through joining the unit and saying that they are part of your comp team for me to hand you the rank. You must also NEVER interfere with my casual Mercs unless an individual is being problematic and is called down by members of the unit as being a nuisance.

2. An experienced and mature player willing to take up a high ranking role for the casual Mercs general position. I need someone who I know will run the unit safely and to the benefit of others while I'm away.

-------------------------------
In closing,

Together I hope we can make this unit dream of mine a reality, and I hope that any newcomers would be encouraged to join this newfound unit of mine.

I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield,

Sincerely,

Kiddcrab, Merc Commander General, 501st Mercenary Outlanders.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

I think you're looking for one of these two places.

https://mwomercs.com...7-faction-play/

https://mwomercs.com...ms-hiring-hall/

#3 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

Ive got my own super small unit, but Id love to join for some drops! Just send me a friend invite? Is there a discord?

#4 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

One question. What 3rd party viop system will you use. Team Speak or Discord? Just wondering is all.

#5 SiN Kiddcrab

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKentares

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

View PostRovertoo, on 16 October 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Ive got my own super small unit, but Id love to join for some drops! Just send me a friend invite? Is there a discord?

Hey man I'll definitely send you one! we'll be using discord for sure!

View PostLupis Volk, on 16 October 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

One question. What 3rd party viop system will you use. Team Speak or Discord? Just wondering is all.

Lupis we'll be using discord as it's the most efficient and widely used system. Hope that helps!

#6 SiN Kiddcrab

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKentares

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostBombast, on 16 October 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

I think you're looking for one of these two places.

https://mwomercs.com...7-faction-play/

https://mwomercs.com...ms-hiring-hall/

I am actually looking for neither of those as I am not appealing to the competitive players, nor the faction players. This unit is intended to be more towards [Redacted] and occasional faction play. If you feel that the post must be moved and only if it MUST be moved then I will close the thread and do so. Otherwise I'd preffer stay out of those categories.

Edited by draiocht, 20 October 2017 - 06:30 AM.
encouragement of exploit

#7 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostSiN Kiddcrab, on 17 October 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

...This unit is intended to be more towards [Redacted]...

Ah, cancer.

Yah, this is the right place.

Edited by draiocht, 20 October 2017 - 06:30 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#8 SiN Kiddcrab

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKentares

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostBombast, on 17 October 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

Ah, cancer.

Yah, this is the right place.

I appreciate your opinion. Thank you.

#9 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostSiN Kiddcrab, on 17 October 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Lupis we'll be using discord as it's the most efficient and widely used system. Hope that helps!

It does, it's a roll of the dice for which one is used.

#10 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Curious... You've played for 30 months or more, but have only made 4 posts... all of them in this thread. I'm assuming therefore this is an ALT-account?

Anyway, once you get your unit together, look around for other groups on comms to team up and try other game modes. A well organized team can prosper in FW games, and said school of hard knocks gets you prepped for competitive play should any of your players want to try it. Good luck.

#11 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

The answer might be welcoming you..
Just look around

#12 SiN Kiddcrab

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 5 posts
  • LocationKentares

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 19 October 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Curious... You've played for 30 months or more, but have only made 4 posts... all of them in this thread. I'm assuming therefore this is an ALT-account?

Anyway, once you get your unit together, look around for other groups on comms to team up and try other game modes. A well organized team can prosper in FW games, and said school of hard knocks gets you prepped for competitive play should any of your players want to try it. Good luck.

ScrapIron I haven't used my account for the mwo forums at all whatsoever up to this point. Hence my discrepancy in posting this in the wrong area of the forums :3. But I would like to believe my skill or others skills are not reflected by how active they are on the forums. But yes it does seem a bit odd, and I can understand that.

#13 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

How bout I just recruit you to my unit; ANSR?
Lol

#14 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostSiN Kiddcrab, on 19 October 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

ScrapIron I haven't used my account for the mwo forums at all whatsoever up to this point. Hence my discrepancy in posting this in the wrong area of the forums :3. But I would like to believe my skill or others skills are not reflected by how active they are on the forums. But yes it does seem a bit odd, and I can understand that.

Sure, but you're also displaying that you're Tier 5. That kinda screams ALT-account.

#15 Skipmagnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:25 AM

My alt account is also T2. Tier ain't nothing but a number, baby.

#16 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:09 AM

View Posteyeballs, on 20 October 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

My alt account is also T2. Tier ain't nothing but a number, baby.

True. But if you've been playing for months as an enthusiast even semi-regularly, "5" is not the number you have. But if you started a brand new account with a brand new name as a fresh start... then you have a "5"... at least for a little while.

Just remember to let the new friends in on any baggage that might be haunting the main account. Nobody likes surprise drama, but they DO like skilled players who can teach them useful stuff!

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 20 October 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#17 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:11 AM

[mod]As the topic unit is described as a mercenary unit,
but the unit commander is a Clan Wolf loyalist,
this thread has been redirected to Kaetetôã.

Please report clarification for correct thread destination.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users