#1 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:58 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors.

Clearly the clans have won this cycle of CW. it's only a matter of time until the Map is reset (either with another tech increase for FCCW or Jihad Era) But Clans have won every cycle of FP so far.

Thus i propose a challange to the major units amoung the clans.

Go Inner Sphere next FP cycle (Starting from the map reset until finish)
With the civil war tech Inner Sphere gained a lot of tech that i feel narrowed the gap between factions, But Clans have remained domanint minus a brief bit this cycle where IS won a few worlds when the new content came out and players were testing it.

I want to see something diffrent, and what i've noticed overwhelmingly is that most big units are Clan.

I feel that the game's ballence "Problems" in FP are mainly caused because most of the big, highly coordanated units are on one side. well smaller merc units that flip sides each week and PUG's are on the IS side. but if IS got a big increase in major units, along with the increase in IS tech, the coin would easilly flip and IS would gain ground.

This is just a theory on my part but it's based on what i see as a merc that flips sides every week or 2 weeks. When i play IS (minus the times when i find myself in games with HHoD or 228) IS gets stomped because they aren't coordanated, Sure you get a few guys who are trying to call targets, but most of the time it's chaos on IS side, and players are just going along with the group because going in one at a time is stupid.

But once the push is engaged, there isn't any focus, no calling (sometimes) and very little in the way of teamwork, Some players go for Gens, others are trying for mech's. But unless they are 100% commited to one or the other, 75% of the time it dosen't work.

So again. The Challange to the big units, and i pose this as a chance to prove there units skills because people are still saying clan's are OP, Go IS, PURELY IS, for the next CW cycle. If your units can Win against OP forces then you guys prove that you have the skills to win no matter what. if clan continues to domanate with most of the big units going Inner Sphere, then PGI has a reason to totally rework the Clan macanics. Basicly, if IS wins, Clan's aren't OP, Teamwork is. If Clan wins with most of the major units on IS side, then PGI has proof they can use to step in and nerf the clans harder then they already have.

All the same. I want to see IS gain ground because in my oppinion, fighting against the highly coordanated units makes playing IS much more challanging and makes you a better player as a whole.

Take it as you will.
And see you on the Battlefield Mechwarriors.
(PS: This will be posted on IS side page as well)

#2 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

You should post this on the Merc board, real loyalist units won't change faction. ;)

Forget the >100 player units and address the actively playing FP units. In the TOP100 list there are currently 8 Clan Loyalist, 10 IS Loyalist and 10 Merc Units >100 member.

#3 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:08 AM

There is like 1 100+ member merc unit that is active enough for their active size to actually matter in moving the needle. MS...and they just spent maybe 5 weeks on the IS side (they came back last week, but they certainly do their part for the IS).

It's not super units (size-wise) that make the difference mainly. It's a bunch of smaller, but active ones...dropping 8+ mans (maybe getting to 12 man drops by adding in "guests" from other units).

If PGI made it rewarding enough to be IS, we wouldn't have an issue. But as is stalemates aren't rewarded and there are no new reward trees to grind on the IS side...yet. If PGI makes playing both sides and having a more balanced population distribution profitable...then we would have a healthier FW.

#4 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:28 AM

BCMC is currently in deserter status, we'll be IS here soon :)

#5 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

It's not the mechs...

#6 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:14 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 19 October 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

It's not the mechs...

Yeah it's player skills, pug mentality and the factions palyerbase mentality in general.

#7 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Arc7 has over 100 members but only maybe 15 of us are active in fw..

And we're loyalists...

So yeah probably better to post this in the merc board. We arnt going anywhere.

Edited by Grus, 24 October 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#8 Malpherian

• PipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:34 AM

A lot of us already went inner sphere. Both Clan Units as well as players. Mostly the large Clan units are now only Merc Units that are clan, for now.

Besides maybe CBGC or CB12 or ARC7. Everyone else Left. I would go so far as to say there is not a single clan unit currently that can field a full 12 man, that isn't a Merc unit. (Besides Arc7) and you never see them anyway in a full 12 so I don;t count them.

Being large is one thing, being active and having a presence and dropping in 12's is another entirely.

Edited by Malpherian, 01 January 2018 - 05:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users