Recommend Me A Mech/build

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bersigil

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:49 AM

I've been playing MWO for 1,5 months now and I'm having a blast. I think I have found a playstyle that I enjoy:
300-500 m from the enemy, peeking and alpha-striking, trying to pop up from advantageous positions, support the weaker sides of our formation... until there is some damage on the enemy and then pushing them down.
So far Lasers and UACs have worked out for me way more than missiles. I think my aim is ok (for the experience I have - overall it certainly deserves improvement), so going for weakend components helps me compensate my other weaknesses (expecially my sometimes overagressive playstile- have to work on that). My timberwolves (2Uac5+4ERML and 2LPL + 5 ERML) have served me well... But is there something better for this stile of play?
Can you reccommend me a mech and build that would work well with those parameters?

#2 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

'Better' is a matter of opinion. I still enjoy my T-Wolf laser boat though many prefer the Ebony Jags hit boxes.

The Hellbringer gives you allot of options weapon wise. Got three in my Mech Bay:
2X UAC+ 4X ERML+ ECM, 2X LPL, 3X ERML + ECM and 2X ER PPC + 3ERML + ECM (many prefer the gauss)

the 2X HLL + 4ERML + ECM build is very popular right now. One alpha will strip most mechs

#3 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 19 October 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

'Better' is a matter of opinion. I still enjoy my T-Wolf laser boat though many prefer the Ebony Jags hit boxes.

The Hellbringer gives you allot of options weapon wise. Got three in my Mech Bay:
2X UAC+ 4X ERML+ ECM, 2X LPL, 3X ERML + ECM and 2X ER PPC + 3ERML + ECM (many prefer the gauss)

the 2X HLL + 4ERML + ECM build is very popular right now. One alpha will strip most mechs

Hey there, Bersigil, listen to Steel Raven, he´s got some of the best/most worthwhile dots connected already .

If you like poking, try a Hellbringer with 6 ( medium firepower, rather low heat) or 8 (good firepower (4x4 firing groups are a MUST!), high heat) MPL .
And NEVER forget that the IS has poking mechs that are easily capable of outdoing any clan mech in poking capability due to their lower laser-burntimes) .

Alternatively you could go for LB20X + MPL/ERMed or SRM/MPL/ERMed builds that would also fit your playing style .

If you want to go real crazy and "pokey", try my "single most beloved" weapon system ... the ERPPC .
It has brutally high heat, pinpointed-damaged (aim proper!!!!!!!!!) and really long range .
Summoners, Hellbringers and Warhawks on the clanside, Battlemasters, Awesomes, Thunderbolts and Blackjacks can bring them "rather effficiently" and still make a very real difference in a game, be it on extreme long range or (when using some of the more agile mechs I posted) even in CQB .

#4 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

High mount: Jm6

#5 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

where to begin, is always the hard point. The question is do you want to get into medium mechs or assaults. Then if you want to look at PPC's and various mixes of missiles. (MRM, srm, ssrm, atm, and LRMs)

IS mediums, but some of the Griffins, wolverines and shadow hawks have limited laser hard points. The but is it might get you into having MRM's, SRM's, Rocket launchers SSRM's and GOD forbid LRMs. Still there are a few of these that can boat lasers, but at the cost of no ballistic.

IS heavies - thunderbolts and two have ballistic points in the left arm. I would say cataprhacts, but most people just blow the right side off and neuter you.

There is one Black Jack with a few high laser points, a rifleman and then the firebrand (but I like that for 2 MG's with 6 SPL's with a huge standard engine). Then the enforcers that are good laser and dakka mix. now the grasshopers and blackkights are good for just laser. (grasshoppers are good for sticking an LRM 5 in the head for finding the other team by use of AMS. (one under handed way to find them expecially on polar highlands.)

Now there is the LB20 Adders with 4 ERSL's or the UAC 10 with 4 ERML's.

There is also the executioner A. Use 6 ERML's with 2 UAC 5's or a single UAC 10 with MPL's.

#6 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

IS HBK-4P - 7 IS Med Lasers in high Mounts and two in the Arms. I prefer running Flamers in the Arms.

#7 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

Oh, I got a lot of build in that Range class, so here some of them:

Ebon Jaguar with 2 Large Pulse and 4 med lasers

Hellbringer with 2 Heavy Large and 4 med lasers

Grasshopper with 3 Large Pulse and 2 med Lasers

Jagermech with 2 Uac10 and 4 light MGs

Warhammer with 3 Large Lasers and 6 ER Medium Lasers (caution: hot!)

Battlemaster with 3 Large Pulse and 3 ER med Lasers

Executioner with 2 Heavy Large and 5 med Lasers or2 Large Pulse and 6 med lasers

Mauler with 4 Uac5 or 5 Ac5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users