Dxgi_Error_Device_Removed

5 replies to this topic

#1 MetalMatrix

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

I keep getting this error and its making playing this game near impossible since the last two updates.

Current specs.

I7-4900MQ 2.80GHZ
Memory: 16384MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
Display Memory: 12217 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4063 MB
Shared Memory: 8153 MB
Video Driver Version: 387.92

Windows 10 64 bit version.

This is the only game that I am getting this error and I tried various things that were suggested other then dropping down to DX9

I uninstalled reinstalled the video drivers, Lowered down the in game graphics to medium and even used MSI afterburner to lower down the Mhz of the clock but this cause more issues then solved.

Any suggestions would help.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

How long have you had the laptop? Have you ever used a can of compressed air to blow out the heatsink(s)?

Power Options, set to High Performance.

Review your Windows Update settings. Disable the auto update for drivers. This is enabled by default but to turn it off you will have to jump through a few hoops. I discovered this when I ran through a short period of game instability. I had turned it off previously but during one of the major W10 updates it had been enabled again.

Do a complete uninstall of the GPU driver then reinstall again. If no improvement with the newest drivers, uninstall then go with an older driver 3-4 months older.

Added directx 9c version 9.29.1974 (June 2010) last update for directx 9c redistribution file.
https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

Download, unpack then run the dxsetup.exe to reinstall dx9c. Consider switching to full dx9c for the game to test.

As for the underclocking, by how much and both GPU and memory or just GPU?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 October 2017 - 04:45 PM.

#3 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:36 AM

is the 'card' getting hot during usage ? a lot of the time when that error happens, its lost communication sync with the card ... heat can tend to do it, bad supply of voltage can be another one ... you might want to check and possibly increase a thermal limiter or force a constant voltage .... putting a earlier voltage limiter in might help stop the problem from occurring in a slightly different manner ....

directx issued a command to the card and it "wasn't there", leaving the only obvious assumtption, that you removed it ...

#4 MetalMatrix

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Hello,

Yes I keep my Laptop clean from dust, can you explain how automatic update will cause this error, I test the video card with a rendering test and during that time not once did the system crashed. I thought it might be the PSU but this happened with a new PSU so that was not it. Are you talking about the PSU forcing it to a constant voltage or the GPU.

No I did not limit the CPU just the GPU also this happened with older drivers so that was when I upgraded to the Newest driver and it still occurred. I will try the Dxsetup.

Thanks

#5 MetalMatrix

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Tarl Cabot it seems the Re-installing the Dxsetup.exe worked played 10 games and no crash error. It use to be almost once every game.

Thanks for the help.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

Just for understanding, the dust we are talking about is not just keyboard, etc, the external portion of the laptop.

Posted Image

If you are not aware that Windows have updated your GPU driver, you would not have a reference point of what/when something has been changed except for the obvious such as game update. And the driver update may have been corrupted but issues may not show up for several days til you play a game. Again, a lack of a reference point.

And when you do update your drivers, are you doing a full uninstall, or simply installing over the old driver?

Edit.. I had my post typed in but got called away. Came back and realized I had not posted it. It is good to hear that reinstalling dx9c may have resolved the issue, even if MWO is set to use DX11. Provided this holds then it is likely at point some modules that are used had become corrupted, removed or PGI started using them.

Keep that redistribution file. Whenever anything game wise, regardless of game, starts getting funky, that is one programs that I reinstall since it will overwrite any possible corrupted files. And, say, this holds for 2 weeks then it starts again. First, Steam's Integrity Check or MWO Repair Tool, check then reinstall dx9c item- if it resolves the issue once more for the time being it is time to start looking into at why, antivirus being too aggressive due to a module being flagged by its database, etc.

Edit - All windows come with a base version of directx 9, while lacking several years of directx 9c updates with the last update with Directx 9c version 9.29.1974 (June 2010) which includes all the previous updates.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 October 2017 - 04:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users