2 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

Sooo I upgraded my 47inch LG 1080P to a 49inch LG 4K UHD, and so far Ive had alot of issues. I run a second monitor, and MWO apparently doesnt like 4K. The loading screens are green and zoomed in, but the pre-game lobby (where you ready up) is fine. Spectating is fine. If I Alt-Tab to my second monitor the main screen is normal. However, the main 4K display is green and zoomed WAY in. If I Alt+Enter its not green anymore but zoomed in. This is both Windowed Fullscreen and Fullscreen. Help? I put settings to 1440p and results were same.

#2 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:38 AM

Pretty hard to tell with these types of things, but I'd try the repair tool for giggles first. Then I'd start looking at GPU drivers+driver config (and maybe even the GPU itself). I don't run a second monitor, let alone one with a different resolution than the primary, so I wouldn't be able to confirm if that is normal in such a situation. I do know that this doesn't happen when running two monitors with the same resolution, though, since I have two friends that both do that without any issues.

#3 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

I've honestly not had MWO itself present any unexpected issues with 4K, just that, well, the UI doesn't scale overly well ....

on the hand, it sounds like MWO is interpreting the two screens as being one ... which ... will probably give wild and unpredictable results ... I dunno about what your using your second screen for, but I got a 4K monitor, so that I didn't need a waste the desk space and power on a second screen, because you can really only 'look' at one at a time ... but lets say maybe you do 'need' the secondary, and maybe you wont be able to get software to properly separate them ... a trick I've used in the past was to have a second video card installed, from a different manufacturer, specifically so they wouldn't pair up ... this tends to come with its own range of problems ...

I assume your using a 'full window' ? and locking in a resolution you want ... otherwise youll probably have drama ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users