30 replies to this topic

#1 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

I’m growing impatient - rewards cannot arrive soon enough!

Thankfully, the Osiris gives us a template to play with. I’m gunning for a MRM build, but I’m sure SRM’s are going to be popular.

Super-stock; MRM30
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2adb235bb7f2a4f[/smurfy]

SRM10
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f67d0ab3cf1a74c[/smurfy]

LURMs

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dbe1618202b8519[/smurfy]

#2 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

2x SRM6A + 3x ML

#3 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

MRM version.

Micro-brawler.

Chances are good that I'll stick with the MRMs because it just won't feel like an Urbie without at least one big weapon. I may even drop a little ammo to shoehorn in a rocket pack just for the trolololz. When the variant is out for cbills I'll pick up a duplicate to run the reasonable config on.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 20 December 2017 - 11:57 AM.

#4 The 4th Amigo

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

So now that it is out, what are people running? I thought about putting in an XL engine but I'm thinking an LFE would be better.

#5 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Bagpipes.

#6 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

I put bagpipes on my R68 as well. After all, what is a missile launcher but a giant set of pipes? It seemed appropriate. One creates a tremendous racket and makes people dead, and then the other creates a tremendous racket that makes everyone else wish they were dead too! It's a win/win.

*edit J/K I love bagpipes.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 15 November 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#7 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

XL170, MRM30 and 2 erML’s :)

#8 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 15 November 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

XL170, MRM30 and 2 erML’s Posted Image

:)

I could never make MRMs on the urbie work somehow.

#9 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 15 November 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

XL170, MRM30 and 2 erML’s Posted Image

*yoink*

#10 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:48 AM

Seriously, I use something like this: WubSRMs
The LPL+ERML in the arm allows for nice pin-point damage, I save the SRMs for open sections since ammo is limited. It is a hot-hot-hot build, though. You could get similar damage for less heat (see note) and weight with 3ML/ERML, but that would mean using the torso mount, which brings in convergence issues if you run with your arms unlocked (which you should be doing).

Also, bagpipes.

edit to add: Note -- I went back to check, and using3xERML provides no heat advantage per smurfy, it's the same; but the calculated DPS is better with LPL+ERML than with 3xERML. Using 3xML is cooler, though, and has a better DPS than either of the longer range options. If I was running with armlock on, I'd consider a 3xML build, but I'd have to remove the FF for LightFerro armor to get some open slots back.

Edited by Ertur, 16 November 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#11 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:42 AM

Tried MRMs for ages while skilling up, couldn't break 500 damage 4 times out of 5. Found a couple of builds that work for me ...

Rocket Punch Laser Vom

Seems a shame to disregard the 68's USP, so the rocket punch is there for the knockout blow, or emergency burst damage.

Minibrawler

Went with SRM4s over the 6s as the cooldown syncs up nicely with the MPLs, plus they're lighter so can fit in the extra DHS. Ammo is *just* enough (with both ammo nodes) ... if i run out there's a good chance i've done 7-800 dmg in the game.

Edited by BP Raven, 17 November 2017 - 09:43 AM.

#12 LitigationJackson

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

View PostBP Raven, on 17 November 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Rocket Punch Laser Vom

Seems a shame to disregard the 68's USP, so the rocket punch is there for the knockout blow, or emergency burst damage.

I actually came up with a very similar build for mine, except I dropped to a light engine, dropped the jump jets and added another heat sink.
Light Engine Rocket Punch

#13 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

Why are the build links pointed to Osiris builds when this is an Urban page?

#14 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

...because Smurfy too some time to add the -R68 to their list.

Here:
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4ed74863fac35b2[/smurfy]

#15 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

I run support with lams,narc,tag,dual mpl
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b0d96938c4f2777

#16 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostAldodrem, on 20 December 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Why are the build links pointed to Osiris builds when this is an Urban page?

Forgot about that (links edited)... like stealth said, smurfy didn't have the R68 posted at the time. The thread was started before the 'Mech was in the game, but because that one specific Osiris variant could take all of the same equipment as the UM-R68 (albeit with the hardpoints in different locations) it made a good stand-in for theorycrafting.

#17 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:07 AM

Is it just me or does this Urbie lose it's right arm more than the other varients?

I tried lots of MRM's but the arm was a bullet magnet! Hen the rest of the game I was down to 2 ERSL's!

Moved to 2 SRM 6's so I could upgrade the lazors but haven't spent enough time in it to see if there is a difference.

#18 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostZookeeper Dan, on 23 December 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

Is it just me or does this Urbie lose it's right arm more than the other varients?

I tried lots of MRM's but the arm was a bullet magnet! Hen the rest of the game I was down to 2 ERSL's!

Moved to 2 SRM 6's so I could upgrade the lazors but haven't spent enough time in it to see if there is a difference.

it does seem to be lost more often than my other urbies but that could be the fact that it's a missile arm so considered more of a priority than say the 3 ML on the other side and gets targeted more often. in fact I only keep a couple tons of ammo (plus skill boosts) for my twin SRM 4s since it seems to get shot off before I can use up all the ammo anyway. same thing tends to happen if I have ballistics other than MGs on my other urbies. doesn't happen that much with my MG/laser or just laser urbies, even my PPC urbies don't lose that arm as quickly.

#19 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

The RA does get focused because it usually has a lot of firepower in it, but it also just eats damage meant for other components because it's massive. Compare it to, say, the 4xE arm on the R60L- that tends to carry almost all of that variant's offensive power, but it doesn't fall off nearly as quickly as the missile arm on the R68.

Which, honestly, is fine. The R68 is easily the next-strongest Urbie after K9 (or, I should say, K9 with heretical laser builds). All having a squishy launcher arm means is that you need to work a little harder to protect it while your ammo holds out- and after you're dry, it makes an amazing shield for the torso.

#20 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

This is what I have been running as a pure close combat brawler. Yep with 62 center and 40+ frontally everywhere else after armour skills and a perky 104kph after speed tweaks along with the oh so nice 360 torso its a total pain in the bootay when it gets in your codpiece.

Dunno how to account for skills in the smurfy mechlab to show the upgraded armour and speed but this is it sans one more heatsink.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1f02aba51143f96

This is it in the ingame mechlab.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users