Looks Like Neogaf Is Going Down.

3 replies to this topic

#1 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

Those who are members of that site or visit frequently, you know what I am talking about.

It is too unfortunate. It's an old site, and I hope someone else pick the site but I guess site name has to be changed after all of these incidents.

#2 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:04 AM

And it's about damn time. Terrible community with terrible people.

#3 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:58 AM

What's wrong there? Have only been visiting very scarcely.

#4 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostGX9900 Gundam X, on 22 October 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

And it's about damn time. Terrible community with terrible people.

I would not say everyone was terrible. But I had to chuckle when that site owner, Evildoer, proudly proclaimed that VR now is the one of the MAIN platforms, same as PC and consoles, and anyone who disagrees will be banned. And I see him and moderators pretty much perma-banned anyone who were trying to argue.

I thought he was really a full of himself, but more I think about it, I believe the site had been nothing more than cunning advertisement site for a while, after reflecting how some of the prominent threads have been dealt with.

View PostPFC Carsten, on 22 October 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

What's wrong there? Have only been visiting very scarcely.

The site owner, Evildoer, caught with sexually harassing a woman who has a boyfriend. And it was not even his first time. At first time, his friends and moderators diligently deleted everything about his wrongdoings, but this time, things are a lot different with recent sexual allegations everywhere.

Now the site shows error 503 with "scheduled maintenance. It's done. Time to move to dayonepatch.com I guess. Those with political threads have moved to their own secret discord channel though.

I never really accepted as a member during its lifetime. I rejected like 2 times even with reliable emails. Now to think about it, it was a fortunate outcome for me.

Edited by The Lighthouse, 22 October 2017 - 06:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users