Executioner A
6 CER Large Lasers
As many heat sinks as possible
All the relevant weapon nodes
All the cool run nodes
4x zoom node
Remaining into survival

Current mechs:
Supernova 1 with 6 cer LLas and lots of heat sinks (I'll try to get an extra mech bay to keep it for sentimental purposes, I have 200 mc from this most recent event)

A raven with 2 ER large lasers, 4x advanced zoom, endo steel, and the rest as heat sinks. Won't be investing any more into it, saving up to get the Adder as it's replacement.

At 200k cbills so far (so a long way off given how much the mechs cost). I just love large lasers and sniping/skirmishing. Going for cer large laser heat reduction stuff in starting mech quirks.

I plan to fire the lasers in groups of 2 (or less if an odd number, 2, 2, and 1 for example). I have my middle mouse button bound to group 3.

Edited by gooddragon2, 22 October 2017 - 11:39 PM.

#2 krevLL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands - wait, no, Canada.

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:34 AM

Works, but it gets painful to run more than 2 since spooky heat mechanics come into play. Hellbringers are better with 2 ERL and 3-4 Mediums. Have you tried Smurfy or AweMech to trial builds and hardpoints?

Bushwacker is an IS mech so you can run 3 larges before ghost heat.

You can also run 3 ERLL with ECM on a Shadow Cat, that actually works for sniping if you chain fire them.

Another suggestion might be 2xGauss 2xERLL on a Night Gyr.

The only mech I have ERLLs on anymore is my MAD-IIC-D so I'm not as well versed as I used to be, I'm sure other people have better suggestions to make.

#3 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:46 AM

Those builds only work on paper. 3+ cERLL have way too much ghost heat. Now unless your team can control the range of the match, you'll be firing 1 ERLL at a time and waiting for your heat to dissipate.

Edited by mogs01gt, 24 October 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#4 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, I've found that my supernova with the 6 cerLLAS is about as good as it's going to get for now. Maybe thinking of a light mech with an energy cooldown and just putting 2 CER LLAS on that.

#5 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

While it works well at lower tiers (especially with ECM), laser sniping light mechs are really a dead end when you get to fight against skilled players. What makes ERLLs work is a combination of alfa strike with sustained DPS, so that you can both hit something with a short targeting window (about the only time you should be firing 3 cERLLs in a single group, ghost heat aint bad but it does cut down your sustained DPS), and so that you can maintain a ranged presense and punish anyone that tried to expose for more then a split second.

As for mechs that it works on, the only 100% dedicated ERLL mech i got is the 6 ERLL MAD2C (you can do the same build on many different mechs, i just like the mobility and hitboxes of that one best). Its got 66 alfa (under 2s burn duration if you fire 3 and 3), 30 DHS for about the maximum sustained DPS that is realistically doable, and a large enough engine to go just under 70kph. Other mechs that use ERLLs are mostly hybrid vomit builds that combine them with ERMLs to achieve a respectable alfa strike at mid ranges while still retaining a bit of ranged ability with those 2 ERLLs. Anything under 50t really cant boat enough DHS to use ERLLs to great effect, and 1-2 of them is just so anemic against anything but AFK light mechs...

#6 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

I actually like the Adder for a triple CERLL boat. It's got a good small grouping of the lasers, and its very tiny and low profile so that you can paint enemy mechs to your hearts content at very long range.

I wouldn't recommend alphaing them unless you've got a good tactical reason and heat to spare, but the 2 / 1 staggered fire is pretty good and doesn't kick up the burn time too much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users