Rejoins After 2 Minutes Do Not Give Rewards. 2 Minutes?!

29 replies to this topic

#1 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

Its nowhere near long enough! Providing you fix the problem that disconnected you i, It takes 1 min 30 just to boot up warrior and load into your mechbay and then frantically click the quick play button and hope it does not keep glitching out and dissapearing. And then you have to load the map

Hey how about a Join active match button from the login screen!

I get a lot of disconnects lately and I can never join back in time. 2 minute rule is to prevent against abuse not people frantically trying to make an impossible deadline.

It should be 3 minutes at least

Edited by l33tworks, 26 October 2017 - 08:08 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Yep. Ideally it should be 3 minutes for QP and 5 minutes for FP.

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

you shouldnt even be penalized

since most of the time you disconnect its because of how unstable MWO is especially when youre alt-tabbing out of it

its not your fault MWO is unstable and crashes

#4 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

I say 4 minutes, double the current time, the first ~5 minutes of a match are pretty uneventful in most maps as teams feel each other out or find each other, which means you should have more time to reconnect.

I don't know what abuse their preventing, are people really disconnecting on purpose? They don't mind that a light mech might crawl up their back end while they're out of the game and they do it on purpose?

I mean, I've definitely seen someone AFK and hide for most of a match then run out at the end against 9 opponents and claim a kill or two before being focused down. Rarely does this actually happen, I mean rarely in my matches, I've only seen it a very small amount of times and I've played almost 10,000 matches since it started tracking on the website. I'd say I've witnessed someone AFK for the match and come out at the end in maybe a few dozen matches in all my years.

The fact that it takes 2 minutes to open, and 2 minutes to connect, we need more time.

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostKhobai, on 26 October 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

you shouldnt even be penalized

since most of the time you disconnect its because of how unstable MWO is especially when youre alt-tabbing out of it

its not your fault MWO is unstable and crashes

Damn straight you shouldn't be penalized. I finally reconnected to a match once to find I was the last mech standing. Ended up one kill shy of an ace of spades :)

If you can contribute after technical issues, you should get better rewards, heh.

#6 RaptorRage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLB-79

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:28 PM

In some cases whatever caused the person to disconnect might also require a reboot which makes it even less likely to get back into the match in time.

#7 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

Some crashes I'm right back in. Sometimes it requires cold boot. It's their client codes fault. My system is rock solid in ANY other game. So when I'm sitting in loading, tabbing through splash screens, x-ing out of news screen. Rejoining through QP tab. Penalize me? Fair. Pff!

#8 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

I've been fortunate to not have many technical issues with this game. Occasionally some fluke does happen when I am in a match and I have to reboot. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to get back into the match within 2 minutes, despite having a fairly fast machine and a low ping.

I can reboot and get to the game client within 60 seconds easily, but as soon I login, I'm stymied with....

$?#!%!!!

They should increase the rejoin time simply on account of excessive "loading".

#9 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

Half the time reconnecting is an exercise in pointlessness anyway unless you can get back in before the match actually starts. Every time there's a disconnect all the lights on the other team bumrush the enemy Spawn just to yoink that free kill.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

View Postknnniggett, on 27 October 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

I've been fortunate to not have many technical issues with this game. Occasionally some fluke does happen when I am in a match and I have to reboot. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to get back into the match within 2 minutes, despite having a fairly fast machine and a low ping.

I can reboot and get to the game client within 60 seconds easily, but as soon I login, I'm stymied with....

$?#!%!!!

They should increase the rejoin time simply on account of excessive "loading".

i can reboot my computer in 15 seconds, it takes the game 3 times that to start, and then all the wait and load time on top of it. and some of the crash modes it can take 2 minutes just to realize your game is taking too long to load. like when it disconnects you and you still see the map loading screen. take the amount of time it takes to return to a game from a dead client and then double it.

i put in a new video card and psu and i still get crashes. this is what happens when you try to get an out of support game engine to run on modern hardware. too much reliance on depricated features, new features unsupported.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 October 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#11 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Does anyone let the crash data send? It takes a couple of minutes just for that.

#12 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

The DC Penalty came with Map+Mode Voting and i gave the Feedback that it was to low bcs i never get back in 2 minutes but as allways there are White Knights that rejoin in 15 seconds etc...

You can imagine yourself why Map Voting and DC Penalty came the same time...;)

#13 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

Earlier i had the power go out in my house for a moment. took about 4 minutes to get back into the predeployment(looking at your mech bay). Honestly, if you think about it, 2 minutes in game is a LONG time. After 2 minutes most games are already decided. rejoining after 2 min shouldnt even be an option imho, your mech should self destruct and you have to just deal with the loss and death. be glad they dont charge repair/rearm anymore because you'd also be out all that money.

#14 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

View Postl33tworks, on 26 October 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

Its nowhere near long enough! Providing you fix the problem that disconnected you i, It takes 1 min 30 just to boot up warrior and load into your mechbay and then frantically click the quick play button and hope it does not keep glitching out and dissapearing. And then you have to load the map

Hey how about a Join active match button from the login screen!

I get a lot of disconnects lately and I can never join back in time. 2 minute rule is to prevent against abuse not people frantically trying to make an impossible deadline.

It should be 3 minutes at least

Please fix PGI.
I'm really getting sick of being penalized for being D/C'd or game crashing through no fault of my own.

#15 Yankesik

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

I've got to sign below this, I've just found out that trying heat vision while dropping on Tourmaline Desert equals a crash, joined back for measly 2,5k C-bills. Learned my lesson, won't even try to rejoin matches.

#16 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Why is thread necromancy a thing if the forum search function doesn't even work?

#17 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 20 January 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Why is thread necromancy a thing if the forum search function doesn't even work?

Google? Yahoo? Bing?

#18 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

My game is crashing more than ever before... since this is happening on my new rig which has as an OS, MWO, and TS as pretty much all that is installed (oh and Firefox) I am pretty sure it is not an issue with my system. Oh and on my laptop too. Yeah and graphics solutions from both sides as well and the only thing consistent across the board is that MWO is crashing for me more than ever.

So not only have I never been able to reconnect before that magic two minutes, I am getting penalties to boot.

#19 Yankesik

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

I'm a really dedicated necromancer.
Edit:
Just now I've noticed that there's a delay penalty for "leaving the game early", hilarious. Next time I'll just pick another mech.

Edited by Yankesik, 20 January 2018 - 03:56 PM.

#20 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostKhobai, on 26 October 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

you shouldnt even be penalized since most of the time you disconnect its because of how unstable MWO is especially when youre alt-tabbing out of it its not your fault MWO is unstable and crashes

Yah, but then there'd be an exodus of players leaving a match because they didn't like the map/mode that got picked.

Also, I alt-tab out of MWO all the time, even while its loading, without a problem. Are people really having trouble with this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users