Trick Or Treat 3 Event Update.

304 replies to this topic

#301 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

@D.V. Devnull: Please take care of yourself, sounds like you are more than a bit "burned out" right now. *hug*

@PGI: Setting the grand prize limit at 150 was a strain, even with tournament support and Piranha pre-purchase. I managed to finish 100 acceptable quick play matches and 16 runs of faction play (scouting only). I lost count of how many times I scored a 99 or 98 or 96... Do not think I got any 97s, as funny as that is. :/ 10000 total match score in quick play and 5000 total match score for faction play, with each full 100 granting one loot bag would have been at least a bit more merciful as at least for me the end of the event degenerated pretty much to the following: Queue Roughneck with plenty of SRMs and some minor support weapons, find a really fat target mech and melt face as much as possible, hoping to score around 170 or more damage before I explode from focused enemy fire. Current format renders the how much over 100 part irrelevant as long as one reaches it. It does not matter, if one gets 101 or 613 match score. :/ And even a 99 is a waste.

In one particularly "silly" scouting run... Out of the eight players present, FIVE scored a 99 or 98, I got 89 and only two exceed 100... by a lot. :/ One thing that has been suggested a lot, I will echo 100%: Please, pretty please with sugar on top, make actual contributions other than direct damage have more of an effect on the match score. Using UAVs, air or artillery strikes, lance cohesion, capturing intelligence, holding bases in conquest, delivering energy to the towers, etc... In other words, reward people from doing useful things... OR set the limit just a little bit lower. I am most probably among the worst existing active players (as I am apparently at the very bottom of tier 5) and if the "bar" had been at 90 or even 95 points, I would have gotten a significantly higher number of the accepted results.

@All: Thank you to all who dropped with me and / or against me. I had plenty of fun matches! *hugs to all*

#302 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,023 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here, and the lights in my bays are off.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

Catching up one last time...

View PostErtur, on 10 November 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

DV totally got an LRM Stormcrow. With 4x tag.

Uhm... no... as in, No... just NO... TAG doesn't stack anyway. <_<

View Postmad kat, on 11 November 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

Bit disappointing realising PGI expect you to have no life to play this. Would of been doable if it was all scouting matches mind.

Scouting Mode was pretty much the only way to do the Faction Warfare side of this 'Trick-Or-Treat III' Event. They really need to give at least 2 Loot Bags for every round of Invasion Mode, given the serious extra time spent. :huh:

View PostERescue, on 11 November 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

@D.V. Devnull: Please take care of yourself, sounds like you are more than a bit "burned out" right now. *hug*

@PGI: Setting the grand prize limit at 150 was a strain, even with tournament support and Piranha pre-purchase. I managed to finish 100 acceptable quick play matches and 16 runs of faction play (scouting only). I lost count of how many times I scored a 99 or 98 or 96... Do not think I got any 97s, as funny as that is. :/ 10000 total match score in quick play and 5000 total match score for faction play, with each full 100 granting one loot bag would have been at least a bit more merciful as at least for me the end of the event degenerated pretty much to the following: Queue Roughneck with plenty of SRMs and some minor support weapons, find a really fat target mech and melt face as much as possible, hoping to score around 170 or more damage before I explode from focused enemy fire. Current format renders the how much over 100 part irrelevant as long as one reaches it. It does not matter, if one gets 101 or 613 match score. :/ And even a 99 is a waste.

In one particularly "silly" scouting run... Out of the eight players present, FIVE scored a 99 or 98, I got 89 and only two exceed 100... by a lot. :/ One thing that has been suggested a lot, I will echo 100%: Please, pretty please with sugar on top, make actual contributions other than direct damage have more of an effect on the match score. Using UAVs, air or artillery strikes, lance cohesion, capturing intelligence, holding bases in conquest, delivering energy to the towers, etc... In other words, reward people from doing useful things... OR set the limit just a little bit lower. I am most probably among the worst existing active players (as I am apparently at the very bottom of tier 5) and if the "bar" had been at 90 or even 95 points, I would have gotten a significantly higher number of the accepted results.

@All: Thank you to all who dropped with me and / or against me. I had plenty of fun matches! *hugs to all*

Thanks, I'll try to. By the way, you've got a well-written post there. We can only hope that PGI listens to all the useful feedback that's been provided. It really was kind of extreme, PGI expecting everyone to grind until their body had mech reactor burns, figuratively speaking. :(

~D. V. "Also not understanding PGI underscoring player effort..." Devnull

#303 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 550 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 November 2017 - 05:08 AM, said:

Catching up one last time...

Uhm... no... as in, No... just NO... TAG doesn't stack anyway. Posted Image

Pfffft. If one tag is good, then four must be four times more better. It just stands to reason. Posted Image

#304 Cadoazreal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:50 AM

View PostBaron Blitz Fokheimer, on 10 November 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Go to hell, you heartless ********. Not a single dollar more from me.

Message support they might give you that 1 game. I hope they do. Goodluck.

#305 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 3,665 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

View PostErtur, on 11 November 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Pfffft. If one tag is good, then four must be four times more better. It just stands to reason. Posted Image

Its called redundancy! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users