Thinking About Getting Some Summoners For My Mech Stable.

9 replies to this topic

#1 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

So i've been toying with the idea of getting some Summoners that aren't the two loyalty ones i have. What are peoples thoughts on them?

#2 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:20 PM

I've seen people do very well with a 2x ERPPC one. Otherwise I'd just stick with the loyalty ones and swap pods around. The only reason I bought a third was because Rule Of ThreeTM was still a thing when I got mine

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:23 PM

The D with ASRM30 is a blast.

#4 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

Summoners suffer greatly from the ridiculous awfull translation of heavy Mechweapons from TT.
While Mechs like Gargoyle and Executioner with similar emphasis on speed and low pod tonnage can at least boat smal energy weapons to make up for it, the summoner does not have the hardpoints to boat hords of smal or med lasers.
Your second problem is that the majority of hardpoints are in your arms for all direct fire Weapons or in your shoulders for missile weapons.
To hit someone with your "good" weapons you either need to expose your whole mech or you need to jump relatively high out.

So if you do not want to go with mixed weapon semi stock loadouts you are stuck with basicaly two builds.
ERPPCs in your shoulder hardpoints or SRM splat.

Edited by The Basilisk, 01 November 2017 - 12:53 AM.

#5 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 31 October 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Summoners suffer greatly from the ridiculous awfull translation of heavy Mechweapons from TT.
While Mechs like Gargoyle and Executioner with similar emphasis on speed and low pod tonnage can at least boat smal energy weapons to make up for it, the summoner does not have the hardpoints to boat hords of smal or med lasers.

So if you do not want to go with mixed weapon semi stock loadouts you are stuck with basicaly two builds.
ERPPCs in your shoulder hardpoints or SRM splat.

Well it's a good thing i'm a-okay with having mixed weapons.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 01 November 2017 - 12:42 AM.

#6 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 01 November 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

Well it's a good thing i'm a-okay with having mixed weapons.

Well its your burial so select your your coffin Posted Image

Edit: in my experienced you get criticaly damaged befor beeing able to use those arm hardpoints if you try to get up and close for a brawl.
So do not try to play aggressive with that mech stay with other more threatening mechs and wait till they are firmly engaged.

Edited by The Basilisk, 01 November 2017 - 12:56 AM.

#7 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 01 November 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

Well its your burial so select your your coffin Posted Image

Edit: in my experienced you get criticaly damaged befor beeing able to use those arm hardpoints if you try to get up and close for a brawl.
So do not try to play aggressive with that mech stay with other more threatening mechs and wait till they are firmly engaged.

Okay so don't do what i normally do, got it.

#8 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

I may not be the best player, but i sorta know what im doing and the ONLY thing ive been able to make work on the summoner is dual ERPPC. Its hitboxes are stupidly tanky when you twist, and its agile with JJs, but it looses all its advantages the second you get up close to an enemy, and it only has 2 good hardpoints that arent knuckledragger arms which have a tendency to fall off all to easy.

You can sorta do laser vomit, and you can do splat builds on it too (5 missile hardpoints), but there are way better mechs for both of those things so i cant really reccomend the summoner for anything but 2 ERPPC, and frankly, even that gets good competition from the huntsman, hunch2c, and a few other mechs that can jump and do dual ERPPC without eating so much tonnage.

#9 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Splat Summoner B is pretty good

And for lol's give the Summoner B a narc and Quad Lrm 10's

Popnarc and lerms away.

#10 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

Lately I've been running a Summoner D with 2 ERll,, 2 Hvyml, and 2 LMGs. Even with the heavy lasers, it's slow to overheat, especially if you hang out at long range and snipe with the Large lasers before closing. the LMGs have the range to be used along side the Heavy lasers, and can crit once you strip away armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users