So Not A Word On This Huh?(Balance Is Doing Alright Mkay..)

32 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

*In sarcastic tone* IS tech OP cause bar is at 100% ON BOTH BARS! ( I hope you see how stupid this sounds when people say this when Clan has it full the other way..)

Or you know a better argument, MERCS population OP?

So can we stop the whole Clams super OP cause the bar is at 100% argument....

Edited by CK16, 23 November 2017 - 08:17 PM.

#2 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

Mercs > All

Jump around as you please for however long you want, accumulate points immediately. Loyalists get nothing for a few matches (at the start of contract) with a heavier penalty for breaking contracts. There's no point going to each and every faction unless you're dedicated for the MC or want stupid titles.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

yea but then you look to the right and see that jf owns all the planets. i dont even understand how you win this. win all those games and then loose the planet at the end of the phase. seems rather cheap.

what if we do this instead. there is one planet for every day of the event. if a side wins 2 or more of the 3 phases then they win the planet for that day. they would win phase based on which side has the total number of victories, rather than what happens in the last 30 minutes. tug of war is fine for regular games but i dont think it works for these battles.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 November 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#4 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

Clan mechs and weapons keep getting nerfed while IS mechs and weapons get buffed - what do you expect. You have IS lights and mediums with more armor on their torsos than a clan heavy and some IS heavies with as much armor as an assault.

Edited by Steel Claws, 23 November 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#5 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

View PostSteel Claws, on 23 November 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

Clan mechs and weapons keep getting nerfed while IS mechs and weapons get buffed - what do you expect. You have IS lights and mediums with more armor on their torsos than a clan heavy and some IS heavies with as much armor as an assault.

Careful Steel, you're gonna open up a can that's going to span 18 pages over a period of 3 weeks that will basically devolve down to CXL vs ISXL.

#6 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

It's a fair point to bring up. If people who strongly lean towards IS can use FW results to bash Clans for being OP then turn around is fair play is it not? It'd be hypocritical to say that when clans win FW they're OP while if IS wins it's something else like mercs all just happen to be IS this time around Posted Image

That said, because I'm an equal opportunity mech pilot I can safely say in both cases the effect mercs have on the outcome of FW far, FAR outweigh any slight imbalance there might be at any given time.

MWO is like a magical girl cartoon. There's nothing stronger than the power of friendship.

#7 Muujig612

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

Even if we remove mercs from the equation, IS still requires 25 extra tons per deck to stand a chance against Clans. That's not balanced.

#8 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

View PostMuujig612, on 24 November 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Even if we remove mercs from the equation, IS still requires 25 extra tons per deck to stand a chance against Clans. That's not balanced.

What are you talking about, with IS getting Light engines it is the better faction

IS has better survivability with the same mobility and equal firepower

Edited by DovisKhan, 24 November 2017 - 12:45 AM.

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:50 AM

I play both sides, and have no bias.

Clan Tech is generally better. IS has a selection of variants which, if loaded out the best way to exploit their quirks, are the best for their weight and class.

But when I need to carry, I take my best Clan Mechs. As do the best WC teams.

In FP, working together as a team and taking strong variants with appropriate loadouts, are the key to winning. And that is why merc units keep winning regardless of faction.

/thread.

Edited by Appogee, 24 November 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#10 Muujig612

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:52 AM

View PostDovisKhan, on 24 November 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

What are you talking about, with IS getting Light engines it is the better faction

IS Light engine is worse than Clan XL, never forget. IS has better durability (which entirely relies on quirks), but in general terms of speed and firepower, Clans are factually superior.

Edited by Muujig612, 24 November 2017 - 01:00 AM.

#11 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

View PostDovisKhan, on 24 November 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

In which game? I mean, you can't possibly be talking about MWO...

#12 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

Clan mechs and weapons keep getting nerfed while IS mechs and weapons get buffed - what do you expect.

Really? I just looked over the last few patches (back to August) & I see a good mix of IS buffs, Clan buffs, IS nerfs & Clan nerfs.

#13 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:09 AM

Just look at the FW viable mechs and compare weight and loadouts/firepower and realize that for every IS mech there is a Clanner that does the same at 10-20t less.

Always was this way.

You either have IS XL and die due to a claner only having to do 1/3 of the dmg you would need to down him or you have only half his firepower at shorter range.
You can not damage what you can not reach, so doesn't matter if you have only half the armor of an IS mech when your TEAM focuses the living sh.. out of him before he comes into effective weapons range.

If there are still ppl around that think you have to brawl with a clanmech in FW...literaly the only thing the IS REALY is better in since they have better dps and harder armour, well those can not be helped.
If there are still ppl around that do not realize only a hand full of mechs and builds on both sides are viable for FW...well an other case of drop the mike and turn away.

Sure clan has been soooo nerfed if you insist on bringing Orion IIC and Highlander IIC to FW and a Mist Lynx to scouting matches....sure.

Edited by The Basilisk, 24 November 2017 - 01:12 AM.

#14 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:50 AM

What I love is that even with populations in FW the lowest it's ever been, almost no active units on Clan side, the 3 or so remaining semi-active merc units in IS, they still only manage to get the bars over in pacific and, on the odd day, they can get lucky in primetime.

Yet if IS ever, ever, ever wins 1 phase on an off chance there's a list of Clan apologists saying IS op.

Just look at the map. How is this even a discussion. What's painfully telling is that even with most the only remaining active units (mercs) having switched to IS they still can't routinely tag planets.

#15 pheeere

• PipPipPip
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a non-euclidean corner of the map

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:09 AM

And there's still Clam apologists around who perform mental gymnastics on an Olympic level. Wow. You should be forced to play IS for at least have a year, 5 hours per week as PUG and as coordinated units vs equally well coordinated units in Clan mechs. Maybe then you will realise what that means. We don't need to list all the advantages of Clan mechs from better engines to fielding equal firepower for 20 tons less and more Heatsinks, etc. But then again, there is a thread somewhere complaining about IS AMS, I mean.. Some of you really want that easy mode, no matter what!

If you can not compete vs IS mechs in your Clan machines, you're just a bad player, deal with it. The only thing IS does better is brawl, which is impossible to get into vs arty spam and long range meta, getting stripped of side torsos over 1000+ meters. And no, there's not enough cover on all maps to avoid that.

How do you Clanners usually say? Shut up and "git gud"! ;)

#16 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

One side has to win.
The side with the better pilots usually.
It is the order of things.
Btw. my IS account needs cbills way moar, so go away with your clan apologism. Posted Image

Edited by Dark Wooki33 IIC, 24 November 2017 - 04:24 AM.

#17 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

Pretty sure most of the top FW pilots all decided to go IS at the same time for some reason. First 2-3 pages of the leader board were mostly IS, especially for merc pilots.

Just look at the FW viable mechs and compare weight and loadouts/firepower and realize that for every IS mech there is a Clanner that does the same at 10-20t less.

I can easily name many matchups where this is not true, and the IS dominance in scouting with bushwackers/griffins proves that this is not true. IS mechs are generally considered superior for brawling without even taking into account the massive tonnage advantage involved.
  • Wolfhound/JVN vs Clan 35 tons and below
  • SRM assassins vs Clan 45 tons and below
  • Bushwackers/Griffins vs Clan 55 tons and below
  • Warhammer/sGrasshoppers vs Summoners/Linebackers
  • ON1-VA vs ON1-IIC-A
  • Highlander vs Highlander IIC
  • Any IS heavy/assault vs Gargoyle/Executioner/Direwolf
  • Any IS medium/light vs Viper
  • Any IS light vs Cougar
The one area in which Clan mechs have a definate advantage is mid-long range laser vomit.

#18 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

Thats why you ignore events in discussion about balance.

I would personally argue that at this event is got better rewards especially that everyone and their dog have night gyr.
After event it goes back to normal with clan steamrolling is.

just take a look at that big blue area splitting is in half.

i cant remember single buff though, neither for is nor for clans.

Also most nerfs hit both sides like our ridiculous medlas nerf and tbh im not even willing to arguing who got hit more.

Edited by davoodoo, 24 November 2017 - 07:41 AM.

#19 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

Really all the clan units seem to have given up when us (BCMC), most of Evil and MS were on Inner Sphere side. When we first swapped over to kurita from nova cat we hit clan units 2 out of three drops it was great. This past couple weeks almost nothing but pugs.

Clanners give up so fast because they arent used to adversity and are used to having the edge ton for ton. We get whined at a lot by both sides but clan pugs and units are far brattier when they do in my experience, being more vocal and more likey to hide all over the map and shut down.

Buck up and try harder and instead of crying when you lose, learn from it. Mwo has an older and more mature playerbase than most online games. Act like it.

Also most of evil has swapped clan and MS will be there shortly so the event will be below threshold.

Edited by Hobbles v, 24 November 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#20 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 24 November 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Pretty sure most of the top FW pilots all decided to go IS at the same time for some reason. First 2-3 pages of the leader board were mostly IS, especially for merc pilots.

I can easily name many matchups where this is not true, and the IS dominance in scouting with bushwackers/griffins proves that this is not true. IS mechs are generally considered superior for brawling without even taking into account the massive tonnage advantage involved.
  • Wolfhound/JVN vs Clan 35 tons and below
  • SRM assassins vs Clan 45 tons and below
  • Bushwackers/Griffins vs Clan 55 tons and below
  • Warhammer/sGrasshoppers vs Summoners/Linebackers
  • ON1-VA vs ON1-IIC-A
  • Highlander vs Highlander IIC
  • Any IS heavy/assault vs Gargoyle/Executioner/Direwolf
  • Any IS medium/light vs Viper
  • Any IS light vs Cougar
The one area in which Clan mechs have a definate advantage is mid-long range laser vomit.

You're cherry picking bad clan mechs. The one area that you say clan mechs have a definite advantage in the mid-long range laser vomit/gauss vomit makes all the difference in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users