Hbk Grid Iron - Surprising Build

5 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyMuppet

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

I was surprised at how good the grid iron went last night. I ran a MRM 40 and 3 medium lasers, light 310 engine that I had from my Griffin.

I've not really enjoyed MRM before. I think the crit chance buff helps. Kinda works like a long range machine gun in that the damage is horribly spread, but if there are any components with no armour, it seem to destroy them quickly.

Also, anyone targeting the'hump'is probably targeting the wrong one!

Any other surprisingly good build

#2 Nephologist

• PipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

I've been using a similar build on my VND-1X

MRM 40
3 LMG
2 ERML
XL 235
all the jumps

Strip armor with the MRMs then target open components with the LMGs. The 1X has a 25% missile cooldown quirk so with that and some cooldown nodes you can fire your MRMs every 3 seconds or so. It's great for mopping up in late game. You definitely don't want to trade with this mech though...

#3 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostGrumpyMuppet, on 05 November 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

I was surprised at how good the grid iron went last night. I ran a MRM 40 and 3 medium lasers, light 310 engine that I had from my Griffin.

Your sure it was a 310?
Max engine size on a hunchback is 275:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...edium_hunchback

#4 GrumpyMuppet

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Nope not sure...

I own two light engines..a 275 and a 310. It's likely I got mixed up!

View PostNephologist, on 06 November 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

I've been using a similar build on my VND-1X

MRM 40
3 LMG
2 ERML
XL 235
all the jumps

Strip armor with the MRMs then target open components with the LMGs. The 1X has a 25% missile cooldown quirk so with that and some cooldown nodes you can fire your MRMs every 3 seconds or so. It's great for mopping up in late game. You definitely don't want to trade with this mech though...

I wish I had have read this before I spent my C bills on a trebuchet last night... Looks like a fun mech

#5 Nephologist

• PipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:38 AM

View PostGrumpyMuppet, on 06 November 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Looks like a fun mech

I think it's fun. Most people would say its a bad mech, and they're not wrong. Vindicators are......an acquired taste.

On topic though, I've been running my Grid Iron with 2 LBX5s, 3 ERMLs and a light engine of some sort. It's been an okay performer for me, nothing special.

#6 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:32 AM

I had a surprisingly good run in Grid Iron using a light gauss. Fair investment (or fully maxed out, I forget) into skills and out-of-the-box cooldown quirks meant that this thing was spitting out rounds quite fast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users