• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

Hello, mechwarriors.

This is my case:

Several months ago, I started to suffer this annoying issue:

while in play, I heard the "plug/unplug" sound from windows, and I suddenly lose control from anything related to the mouse (torso twist/yaw, firing weapons, etc...). In fact, my mech keps firing as if I were still pressing and holding the same buttons since the issue started (sorry, no english speaker, don't know if this is easy to understand): it means a lot of ammo and heat, so usually I get overheated and killed before I manage to do anything. (IN FACT, some times, after I plug/unplug the mouse to recover the use of it, my mech starts to fire as it is deployed in the map).

After so many times, I have a kind of accurate idea of what "triggers" the issue, but there is no way to avoid it, apparently.

-machine-guns, rotatory auto cannons, ultra auto cannons... any "suppresion gun" that requires press and hold any button in my mouse triggers the issue (I have tried to bind the MG/RAC/UAC weapon group to a different button, and it didn't solve anything).

How do I do to "handle" with it? I use the SCAPE button to get in the "quit match" menú. This stops firing. Then, I plug/unplug the mouse (thanks heaven, I got an USB switch in my PC's front) and, if I'm lucky enough, I can end the match alive. But it doesn't avoid anything. At any time in a fight, just for an unknown reason, it will happen again.

I have asked to MWO Technical service, by the way, and still no solution at sight. :(

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

well ... it sounds like an issue with the mouse your using ... I've never heard of that particular one ... but none of what you have described would be considered 'normal' for the rest of us .... so, firstly, do you see similar behaviour if you hold down the mouse in any another game for an extended period of time ?

for windows to be giving you the device disconnected/connected sound, windows believes the device has been unplugged ... does it have any LED's on it to indicate if its actually receiving power or not ? generally a mouse shouldn't cause any power interruptions on a USB port, but, if the port has been mangled by misuse, unpredictable things could happen, is the behaviour consistent across all USB ports ?

next youll be looking at software reasons that might cause the fault, both the driver and potentially the firmware on the device, the driver handles how windows interprets the device, and the firmware controls how the device relays its information to the driver .... you may not be able to upgrade the firmware, that could be a non issue ... but if your mouse has things like macro features, or more than 5 buttons, chances are, that it tells windows its a keyboard, like mine does ... and in this instance, an out of date firmware can have the device literally act up under your very hand for no particular reason ....

and then, the driver, did the manufacturer supply a driver for the device, or is it just using microcrap's normal default driver, at this point you could find that windows is actually blocking the manufacturers driver because of something stupid like WHQL verification or maybe the driver not being signed with an accepted digital signature .... whichever mode its in, try the other one, see if the behaviour is consistent in both modes ...

honestly, I wouldn't really expect technical service to even give you as much to look at as I have here ... usually when you write something to the devs, it just disappears into the void .... apparently, if you want to actually have them hear you, we use a third party website that they have no control over, and this one gets largely ignored .... thats the kind of logic that we operate under ....

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

The connect/reconnect notification could indicate a short in the mouse cord, usually at one end or the other, or a usb connector issue on the motherboard.

Access Device Manager and uninstall all USB connections then reboot to allow system to reinstall.

Test with a different mouse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users