ISN News flash

6 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Wed. Dec 21, 3048: While official control of Federated BattleMechs ended in 3040, Gibson once more protested League federal oversight.

#2 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Boy won't they be happy when they're taken over by the Word of Blake, replacing one controller for another.

When was that MAD-5M produced? It looks like fun. Sarna Link

Edited by Dihm, 21 December 2011 - 09:07 AM.

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

Gibson Federated Battlemechs, a subsidiary of Free Worlds Defense Industries, is a major player in the Free Worlds League defense manufacturing sector. It produces a truly massive assortment of 'Mechs and their associated systems from their impressively-equipped factories located on their homeworld of Gibson. They would later come to play a large role in supporting the Word of Blake after the Comstar Schism. The "official control" they are protesting is likely the ten years of emergency powers invoked by the Free Worlds League government during the Andurien Secession Crisis, as FWDI is partly controlled by Andurien interests.

Edited by Ghost, 21 December 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#4 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

I'm torn on issues like this. I may be a mercenary but I'm a League patriot at my core. What strategic advantages we cannot match in force of arms we more than compensate for via mercantile prowess. There is a "common good" to be served by protecting our industrial secrets, patents and manufacturing technologies...and I'm not just referring to Battlemech and other wargear. On the other hand it's my opinion that controls and limitations that are too burdensome do ultimately have a negative effect on business operation. Through vendor attrition and market limitations this ultimately leads to increased costs. When I was a line officer I was probably less critical of governmental oversight. Now that I'm a freelancer I acutely feel the effects these activities have on costs and availability of parts and materials. While she's a wonderful gal, I suffer a near instant migraine when our quartermaster asks for a meeting. It's always the same thing...costs are up, supplies are down and the future's so bright I need to bring a lantern.

#5 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

View PostDihm, on 21 December 2011 - 09:06 AM, said:

Boy won't they be happy when they're taken over by the Word of Blake, replacing one controller for another.

When was that MAD-5M produced? It looks like fun. Sarna Link

Umm, they've probably already got Hard Core ComStar influence in there already, it's not like the Master (the Real Thomas Marik) didn't already have loads of influence in Comstar by this time...

#6 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

Although the lack of early "technology breakthroughs" on part of the FWL makes one wonder how big the ComStar "influence" really was. And if the secret agenda there wasn't more to prevent "unseemly" technological advance/rediscovery. It is not like the FWL did rediscover the XAC or UAC technology first for example. Which would have been sort of logical, if the ComStar "influence" would have been in that direction. Makes one wonder if the FWL liaison matters weren't in the hands of the Toyama faction from the get go...

#7 Vincent Pryde

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

Had a stint on Gibson as a test 'Mech Pilot for 8 months. These guys know how to make a 'Mech haul tail! Had the joy of riding primary for eighteen of the thirty-three test runs for the WVR-7M Wolverine. Pushed that puppy up to 115 km/h, downgraded to 108 or so due to the increased missile bay for the SRM-6. Dang, that was a good job... shouldn't have shown up to run number nineteen all sloshed. Live and learn, eh? Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users