Mech List By Maneuverability?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:55 AM

I was just reading through a post about selecting a medium mech, and found out that, for example, a Dragon might be more maneuverable than a Shadow Hawk, and that there can be differences even between variants.

Is there a chart, table, or ordered list somewhere that shows mechs in order of maneuverability?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 11 November 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

I was just reading through a post about selecting a medium mech, and found out that, for example, a Dragon might be more maneuverable than a Shadow Hawk, and that there can be differences even between variants.

Is there a chart, table, or ordered list somewhere that shows mechs in order of maneuverability?

not that I am aware of.

in general the smaller the Mech the more manuverable it is, however some Mechs have quirks which can increase speed, agility, acceleration and other things, there is also MASC to consider.
Myomer Accelerated Signal Circutry can be activated to massivly increase (as in 200%+) acceleration and agility and gives something like a 20% speed boost, as the Shadow Cat (all varients) and Phoenix Hawk -3S at 45 tons are the lightest Mechs ingame which can use MASC, while MASC is active they are certainly the most agile Medium Mechs (in fact with MASC active Shadow Cat's agility feels about the same as the 20 ton Locust)
the 55 ton Wolverine also has a varient with MASC, so that would probably come third for agility,

other than that
the 40 ton Mediums should be the most agile, so Assassin, Arctic Wolf, Cicada, Viper, are probably the next most agile

looking at quirks on Smurfy the Viper has a huge bonus to its torso yaw (side to side) and pitch (up/down) speed, as well as +5% turn rate and increased acceleration/deceleration, add in the best jump capability of any Mech (despite the significaltly lighter Spider 5v bringing 12 jets to the Vipers 8, and the varient of the Cicada which can pack 8 jets matches it), although the VPR-C has reduced bonuses compaired to the other varients, due to its CT weapon hardpoint which no other varient has

Enforcer, Bushwacker and Centurian also get extra torso movement quirks.

if you want the most mobile/agile medium it is probably a toss up between the Viper and Shadow Cat, without MASC looking at those quirks it is almost definately the Viper, which is also at least as fast as any other Medium (and the majority of Light Mechs). however with MASC active the Shadow Cat is more agile and can accelerate better (albeit to a lower top speed)

Also bear in mind you can add agility with the skill tree.

some Mechs can turn better while jumping than while on the ground (another thing in favor of Viper and Shadow Cat, both have plenty of fixed Jumpjets)

For the sake of completeness I will add that while it is no longer the case bigger engines used to increase agility.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 11 November 2017 - 01:16 PM.

#3 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

The Dragon vs Shadow Hawk maneuverability difference is not a "Quirk"...it's just there in the chassis stats. Very strange.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

Unfortunately, the agility stats are buried within individual folders within individual files, so I can't just easily extract them and make a list.

But somebody grabbed all the values from the PDF that PGI provided. Outdated obviously, but I don't believe any of it is inaccurate: https://mwomercs.com...eference-sheet/

#5 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

That link is exactly what I'm looking for, since all of the maneuvering variables are apparently locked to accel speed.

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users