- - - - -

Avoiding Suspicion? (Using Stealth)

3 replies to this topic

#1 iofhua

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

I'm doing a great job at flanking and assassinating enemy mech's with my new GRF-2N but once the enemy team knows you're using stealth armor (which is always after I get 1 kill), they get suspicious and hunt me down pretty quick.

Any tips or tricks to using stealth? If possible I would love to go on a murder spree and take out several mechs in one match without them knowing. I think this is possible, but maybe I have to bide my time and wait to kill them when none of their team-mates are looking?

Can team-mates read what dead team-mates are saying in chat?

#2 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

Patience, and knowing when to bug out will go a long way my good.......person. =p

Edit: And yes, team chat still works after you die, as do COMMs.

Hope that helps?

o7

Edited by Stf Sgt Marblez, 11 November 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:14 AM

Distractions

Strike while the enemy are concentrating on other things.

you get behind them while they are trading with the rest of your team and they are less likely to suspect someone has got behind them than if one dies with no no plausable explanation other than "someone is behind us".

if your allies are not in sight a strike could work as a diversion you could work with a Light, because everyone loves to chase the light, then you get behind and kill them.

of course most of those are much more likely to work in the lower tiers.

stay in or near cover, target a Mech which you can see but its allies do not have a line of sight on you, kill it, get to cover, relocate, repeat.

managing more than 2 kills like that generaly requires a fast Light Mech with a lot of SRMs (like the Jenner IIC, or Oxide)
the Griffin just cannot relocate fast enough

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:07 AM

View Postiofhua, on 11 November 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

I'm doing a great job at flanking and assassinating enemy mech's with my new GRF-2N but once the enemy team knows you're using stealth armor (which is always after I get 1 kill), they get suspicious and hunt me down pretty quick.

Any tips or tricks to using stealth? If possible I would love to go on a murder spree and take out several mechs in one match without them knowing. I think this is possible, but maybe I have to bide my time and wait to kill them when none of their team-mates are looking?

Can team-mates read what dead team-mates are saying in chat?

While your notion of beeing the sneeky backstabbin Assassin sounds quite funny and cool this will only work with mixed pug or real low level pug groups, when you try to go on a killing spree.

Your main enemy is your foes threat indicator that indicates the direction of incomming damage.
So any mechwarrior decent enough to read their hud will look on his minimap the moment that thing indicates dmg from behind. If he does not see friendlys behind him and if he does not get lrms incomming he will turn immediately seeing a mech that has no hud indicator and therefor must be a stealthed enemy.

Most guys using stealth armor additionaly make the fault of not moving their salvo is out. Neither you are invisible nor invulnerable.
Some days back I got a Cicada right in her face with a 53 alpha because it just stand their staring at me after it fired in my back.
Your Griffin might be able to take more dmg than a Cicada but it also is bigger and slower.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users