No replies to this topic

#1 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

While I appreciate any new content I can play my Mechs on or with, there are some points I wonder about.

-- Why is it mostly dead, broken, rundown ground we fight on or over ?
Sure Rubelite (Pink Turmaline) is a precious gem but if you are a space faring people you don't need to go down to a planet to get mineralic ressources of any kind...crack some asteroids or broken planetoids in low gravity where you don't need lots of power and fuel to lift of.
And even if it would be that valuable because of pureness or raw super high mineral concentration the mining station on rubelite is a decades old, decayed, rusty old pile of scrap.
(Don't say losstech that is represented by braindraine and bombed citys)

-- I see the wisdome behind multy level action maps in terms of advanced tactics and variety, but such maps also tend to reduce the feeling of sitting in a slow, huge, lumbering, multiton machine of dead and destruction.
The huge Structures on Rubeline reinforce the feeling of beeing some elemental or spacemarine and not an effin Battlemech. (like forest with its hillariously big trees)
It feels more like skimming the hulk of a downed Stardestroyer for spareparts than driving a Battlemech through the remains of a mining outpost on an incredibly valuable mineral spot.
Or maybe this is intetional to satisfy the runaround pew pew shooter kiddy crowd ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users