Hunchback 4G

4 replies to this topic

#1 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

How do you play this thing? I often find myself completely out matched by all the crazy stuff running around now. Also wish its AC20 quirk applied to UAC20s.

#2 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

Not sure why anyone is running Hunchies at the moment. Its a pretty out dated and worthless mech. Most IS mediums have been left behind.

#3 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

The Hunchback-4G has been and will remain a solid medium mech. Old yes. out dated? yes. Worthless? Absolutely not. It isn't meta nor is it comp, but its far from worthless and just because a mech doesn't have perfect hardpoints, synergy quirks and can meta the crap out of it doenst mean it isn't viable in non-comp play.

First off. The classic 4G build...
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...23ec7b49c2b60a9

Its not your typical potato spray and pray build. Ammo is scarce so you have to make every shot count. heat is also an issue to use the AC20 only when you have someone deadlocked and remember its not a long range weapon, so don't waste the round on anything over 350.

With the new tech, if you have the monies..
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c7ae470b82fae55

Very simple swap to a LFE260. It allows you to keep banging away after the AC20 gets ripped off. You could also swap up to ER Mediums or down to ER Smalls. I like the ER smalls myself it saves on heat and allows a little extra ammo.

To my next point... twisting.

Learn to Torso Twist defensively. Again... not dakka vomit. Stop face tanking things bigger then you! You know your main weapon is on the RT, so protect it. Fire and twist away from your opponent. Give then your LT and LA, keep the AC20 safe. Once you out of ammo, then let them shoot at it al you want since you are on backup weapons only.

Skill Tree.
Mobility is huge for the Hunchie. It needs torso speed and anchor turn. Speed Tweak you can live without, but you have to boost the torso speed to get your AC20 out of danger by twisting quickly.

Firepower focus on cool down and heat. Range helps but don't go overboard... you're a brawler. Own it. I never waste points on Magazine cap, but that's a personal choice.

Survivability tree? Yes... just yes.
Personally I like to put points into sensors for Radar Dep, but again, my own preferences.

As for the quirks. no, I'm fairly certain the IS AC20 quirk doesn't apply to the UAC20. However you do only lose 10% cooldown if I recall correctly, so if the AC20 isn't your favorite weapon, it doesn't cripple the mech to go to an ultra or a smaller AC. Same combat rule apply though. Always protect that RT. Don't peek with it or face huge a Kodiak. As you've seen I'm sure, it gets stripped off quick if you're careless.

#4 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 17 November 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

With the new tech, if you have the monies..
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c7ae470b82fae55

Very simple swap to a LFE260. It allows you to keep banging away after the AC20 gets ripped off. You could also swap up to ER Mediums or down to ER Smalls. I like the ER smalls myself it saves on heat and allows a little extra ammo.

Why not trade up to the 265? Same weight as your 260. Though personally I'd trade the extra DHS for a extra ton of ammo: HBK-4G. Usually I'd 'trade-up' to ERMLs as well, however these mounts are a tad low for distance shooting. May as well leave them to match the AC20 range.

Edit: Silly typos...

Edited by Shadey99, 18 November 2017 - 05:57 PM.

#5 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostShadey99, on 17 November 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Why not trade up to the 365? Same weight as your 360. Though personally I'd trade the extra DHS for a extra ton of ammo: HBK-4G. Usually I'd 'trade-up' to ERMLs as well, however these mounts are a tad low for distance shooting. May as well leave them to match the AC20 range.

You mean a 265? Yes you can. My browser didn't scroll all the way down was all. Didn't notice. I agree, low arm mounts don't make for good long range shooting with the ERMeds, however, in those instances you have a clean shot or have height, its good to have. As I said though, I use ERSmalls and go straight brawl with a bigger buddy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users