Good Thing You Have An Event For A New Map You Never Get To Play...

30 replies to this topic

#21 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

This is one of the few subjects that I actually agree with Russ on. He once said on a stream something to the effect of....

Russ (paraphrasing) "I get people tweeting me and emailing me saying that they never get to play on X map and then another email from someone else saying they only ever see X map. This is the nature of random map picks"

I personally saw Ruby about 5 or 6 times in a row yesterday. Im sure today I probably wont see it, its how the cookie crumbles.

#22 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:30 AM

You are aware the ONLY thing you get is some CB. Not that this is useless or anything, but its not like its a MC event or even any good cockpit items/mechs/camo. Yeah it sucks that its another one of those events that is pretty much RNG, but hey, at least you dont miss out on anything too useful...

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:12 AM

I've played it tons, really enjoyed it.

#24 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 18 November 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

So they don't like the heat even though it isn't any different than tourmaline....

Psychology... I guess because it looks like Terra - and we all know how laser spammer heroes like Terra

#25 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 18 November 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

This is one of the few subjects that I actually agree with Russ on. He once said on a stream something to the effect of....

Russ (paraphrasing) "I get people tweeting me and emailing me saying that they never get to play on X map and then another email from someone else saying they only ever see X map. This is the nature of random map picks"

I personally saw Ruby about 5 or 6 times in a row yesterday. Im sure today I probably wont see it, its how the cookie crumbles.

Then they should make during events involving a map the certain map always votable.

#26 BlueStrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 18 November 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Then they should make during events involving a map the certain map always votable.

When a new map drops, especially with a companion event involved, the new map should be available for voting in every map-select lineup for the first week, then allow it to join the other maps in random rotation.

I played almost all day yesterday, somewhere around 24(?) or more matches, and I got to play Ruby I think 3 times in a bit over 10 hours. It appeared more times in the rotation, but many PUG pilots seem to dislike the heat and the need for jumpjets or extreme caution to not fall off the edge of a cliff and get rekt, and the cbill event rewards aren't enough to compensate for that in their minds, especially the IS assault pilots with no jumpjets. Ruby is not a "first choice" for Atlas, KGC, and Cyclops pilots, that's for sure, although this may be one map where the JJ-equipped Victor can find a home.

#27 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

View PostHGAK47, on 18 November 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

I understand this as well but when you have an event going for a specific map, you need to make sure it shows up a lot more than normal.

#28 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

I've only gotten it 4 times so far.

#29 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

For people who have a narrow window to play. It is kinda of a pain to get map select without the new map. But every time it's up, it wins the map select. Getting it maybe like 3/5ths of the time. Seems like it anyway.

#30 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

Guys, I went offline last night needing ONE victory on the map, and couldnt get it to pop to save my life. First match this morning, I got it.

We did get like 15 days to complete this, so, it'll pop.

I DO know there are lots of tards voting AGAINST it because they got their event done.
Me? I like the playability of the map, so I vote for it every time it's up.

Loving the matches on this map.

#31 8Ball-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 292 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

I feel for you guys, I've had that problem in other map events. Luckily for me got this one done in less than 2 hours. RNG can crap on ya hard sometimes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users